Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    What is the benefit of Roll20?
    To briefly derail, it can clarify things like positioning, onslaught penalties, mote pools, character sheets, Charms, Initiative and Initiative order, and die rolling. Here's a picture:

Sand Creek, or The Inspection of Cracks in the Desert Cecelyne - A Solar buddy travel fanfiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
      What book?
      The Rise and Fall of Ancient Egypt by Toby Wilkinson. So far looks pop history enough to be readable, but weighty enough not to be a waste of time or give me a really twisted view. Hopefully.

I made an NPC out of Pharaoh from Prince of Egypt's version of Exodus. Really played up that his adopted brother was a Solar Scourge of the South. I love pharaohs and Egyptian motifs. Really underplayed in fantasy.
      Hah, that's a great idea.

I actually went to see the musical of Prince of Egypt a couple of weeks ago. Going to London to watch a musical isn't the sort of thing I normally do, but when a couple of my friends suggested it, I thought I'd give it a go. It was really enjoyable (the way the actors used their bodies to portray scenery was really clever), and as I'd been reading up on Egypt recently I enjoyed hearing the High Priest of Ptah explaining Egyptian religious concepts, and them all singing of Seti the Great, and so on.
      The Pharoah Rameses was really good as well, although I found his final scene somewhat trite.

Anyway, we've been playing in Sukhmet, an Egypt-expy where everyone worships the Crocodile god of the River (who may just be a big fat Sobeksis) as supreme deity, for years now. I thought as I wanted to make a new character, I should try and engage with it more.

I play...
      Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
      Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

Originally posted by Tikor View Post
        To briefly derail, it can clarify things like positioning, onslaught penalties, mote pools, character sheets, Charms, Initiative and Initiative order, and die rolling. Here's a picture:

That... looks pretty complicated. Though I imagine it's fine in practice? I tend to have 3 tabs open to track stuff, roll dice, etc, anyway.

One of my friend plays DnD on it, she said it's easy for players but requires some work for STs to get the hang of it.
        Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 03-22-2020, 04:02 PM.

I play...
        Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
        Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

So where I live in the whole corona situation is only starting in terms of the amount of sick people- but the panic in here was already strong long before it. Currently there is an official quarantine, yet it is not enforced against individuals and only against businesses. The supermarkets are full, more or less, but it doesn't stop people from buying stocks of toilet paper and food, simply because they see that people in other countries do so. We have unfortunately had our first death in here a day ago, and everyone agree that there will be more. The main issue is that we have no functional government, and as such no budget. Politics influences our ability to cope with the plague, and even the ministry of health now fights against the ministry of defense about which one should take over the issue. The worst thing is that because the quarantine is not enforced, a lot of people still go out and treat the fact that most businesses are closed as vacation, and go out with their kids and such. It came to the point that our prime minister have compared the corona to the black plague- which is an exaggeration, but if it would make people stay at home instead of coming out "because we are young and that disease only harms old people so why we should even care" I can take it.

I personally mostly stay at home, and barely go out. As I am a theoretician and in the middle of writing my Master Thesis, I don't actually have any need to go out- but it starts becoming difficult. As I live with my mother and she is in a risk group, I need to be extra careful so I won't endanger her too, and it starts becoming tiresome. There are also issues with the internet and the television, and as such technicians need to come in and fix them, which means higher chance for a "breach". It starts becoming hard to not meet up with my friends, even though I talk with them on day to day basis, and have moved all of my RPG sessions into an online format until things would clear out. Still, after more than a week closed in my home almost 24/7, it starts becoming difficult. Unfortunately, using a "worst case scenario" and exponential fitting, I can see that we have around 40 days until the plague would reach its peak, but that is because we are yet to see the effect of the quarantine (response time of around a week, and all of that).

In short- it is difficult in here, the worst is still ahead, but for now we hope for the best and manage to get along.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I'm currently working at a gas station while I finish up my Masters degree. We've been deemed "essential personnel" so they're not shutting us down. We had 2 people quit so I've been working mad overtime (did 63 hours last week and I'm looking at 70 this week), which is a huge pain in the butt. Fortunately my college shut down and it'll be awhile before they can get these classes set up to take them online. Plus really, I can't complain too much since at least I've still got a job. A ton of people I know in the service industry have had their hours slashed to nothing (5 or less) or were just laid off entirely and there's no guarantee the places they worked will be reopen or will rehire them.

Other than that, been washing my hands when I can between customers and hoping I don't get the stupid virus, but that's about all I can do.

Comment

In Poland, we are after second week of public quarantine. Public gatherings, restaurants, theaters, cinemas are closed. Same are schools, kindergartens and any work office that can go for home office and telework. Supermarkets are limited in number of people that can be in it, in some are hand sensitizers.

I live all 24 hours with my life partner now, in our house in smaller town in our province. Nearby us was first epidemic case in province, few kilometers away in next town, we go twice a week. We had first patients half kilometer away in our hospital. But now epidemic is everywhere, so we are all on the same footing as rest of country.

I limit to minimum contacts with my family, as feel a bit sick - probably only flu. Especially limit contacts with my older parents, as they are on the high risk group. With partner we only goes to supermarket three times a week, to one with hand senetizer.

As to work - I do tasks from home office as IT technician and app tester on our company servers. My partner is private English teacher - he run lessons over Skype, Messenger and Discord now. ( I configured for him, off course. My older mother also, so she can call to her grandkids on epidemic. )

Now, having all this time, I'm happy to see him - on normal day-to-day we only have few hours for us a week, now we finally live together. With all the free time, I continue my to tabletops games on Roll20 - our Pirates of Pugmire campaign ( on D&D 5E sheets ) and our Viking Werewolf: the Forsaken game in Byzantine Empire ( on my own CharSheets pack I want to publish for CoD when ending it ).
              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-23-2020, 03:51 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I hate that I even feel this needs to be said, but if you want to stay safe, don’t listen to the President. He was suggesting everyone showing up for church on Easter Sunday.

Don’t do that. Don’t do it. There’s already been cases of the virus having been transmitted via holy water.

Comment

Meanwhile in here, all prayer houses have been closed, and prayer is allowed only in open places and with proper social distancing. Don't know how much it would help, but we can hope- the different ministries of defense, health and treasury still fight with each other about how to handle the crises, and we have already reached the exponential growth stage. The thing is that a week ago I have decided to try and predict the number of new infected using a graph- and unfortunately, it works. According to my calculation, my country is going to have more than 10,000 sick people, and people still act as they are in vacation instead of an emergency. I can see what is going to happen, but I can't do anything to stop it, which is a terrible feeling. But I feel like the unknown was worse, so I hope that whatever my government does would make my calculation fail. Otherwise, things are going to be really bad in here in around 30 days...

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I'm doing ok. I was off work last week, and starting this week they've let me work remotely. So I've been lucky enough to be able to do that. My wife still has to go in (we work at the same place), but they've started staggering shifts to limit amount of people there at once.

Anyway, we're all doing ok so far. I hope everyone else is doing ok...

MrGone's Character Sheets
                    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

My classes start up again in April but I was told -as a health precaution- not to do group or pair activities.

In Elementary School

yeah buddy I dunno what to tell you, 30 kids in a small room all about a foot away from each other for 8 hours, 5 days a week, is gonna spread viruses and pair or group work isn't gonna change that.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Mr Gone, great to hear you are fine!

Sorcerous Overlord, I just cannot imagine running lessons in Elementary Schools now!

Beside working and running online games - I commit quarantine time for electronic sheets making for Roll20 - I make Chronicles of Darkness sheet pack - and I almost then if it's on the stricture of it only. I based them on all the CoD sheets I proposed to Mr Gone till this day. Only some CSS issues and letting to show only one page at once ( instead of all of them as we are now ) and we are golden. I will start topic on this on CoD forum.

Here are some sneak peak - and here is topic for them :

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                        LGBT+ through Ages
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

wyrdhamster Glad you're doing ok too! And the electronic sheets look really cool! Nice work!

MrGone's Character Sheets
                          For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

Let’s just make sure when we get through this, that we remember all the people who got us here, and the people who were trying to get us out, and make sure we vote accordingly.

Comment

Had I my druthers, every rich person who fled via private jet to their personal island or remote cabin or walled compound with armed guards, would not be allowed back after the pandemic.

​(And if they wanted to use their money to cut to the front of the line when a vaccine is inevitably developed, well, I'd have some very not-nice words for them.)

​I know a lot of talking heads on the right are advocating right now that we return to work as soon as possible, for the good of the economy, even if many of us die as a result. I don't see how they don't see millions of us dying not being good for the economy either.
                              Last edited by TheCountAlucard; Yesterday, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                                Had I my druthers, every rich person who fled via private jet to their personal island or remote cabin or walled compound with armed guards, would not be allowed back after the pandemic.

​(And if they wanted to use their money to cut to the front of the line when a vaccine is inevitably developed, well, I'd have some very not-nice words for them.)

​I know a lot of talking heads on the right are advocating right now that we return to work as soon as possible, for the good of the economy, even if many of us die as a result. I don't see how they don't see millions of us dying not being good for the economy either.
                                It's funny they call themselves Christians - for lots of reasons, really - because they seem to subscribe to a particularly mystical strain of Voodoo Economics.

They worship "The Economy" as a nebulous concept, without really understanding how it works, and seeming surprised when reckless exploitation and deregulation causes the capitalist system to buckle when put under pressure. Not comprehending that, for as bad as things could get for the market under quarantine, it could get so much worse if the virus were allowed to ravage the population uncontested.

Comment

Working...
                                X