Kickstarters postponed due to Coronavirus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarters postponed due to Coronavirus

Legendlore Kickstarter ( in middle of it ) has been postponed due to Coronavirus pandemic. It's coming to be relunched later this year. Are we going to see a halt on the Kickstarters queue from Onyx Path Publishing in general?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-21-2020, 09:50 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Oh,that's not good at all. It's necessary but it sucks
    Let's hope other projects can continue

Comment

I can't imagine they're going to start any new Kickstarter drives right now.

Too many people are looking to many weeks, if not months, without money to spare... crowdfunding is going to be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
        I can't imagine they're going to start any new Kickstarter drives right now.

Too many people are looking to many weeks, if not months, without money to spare... crowdfunding is going to be tough.
        you're most likely right. and i was so looking forward to technocracy reloaded and scion demigod

Comment

They might not Kickstart every book they were originally intending too. Supplements like Technocracy Reloaded might get reevaluated compared to books like Demigod. Not every book goes through Kickstarter.

Comment

I think its a smart move. Many would view a kickstarter in poor taste right now.

Comment

Legendlore is postponed - but M20 Technocracy Reloaded is being ready to Kickstarter. But even then - 'readying' can take up to two months, when main surge of pandemic will pass...

'As talked about above, we have cancelled the Legendlore Kickstarter for the time being. We’ll get Legendlore back on KS as soon as we can, and meanwhile we are building the M20 Technocracy Reloaded Kickstarter!'

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I'll be ready and waiting to throw all of my money at the Technocracy: Reloaded KS, whether it happens in a few weeks or a few months. Same with Ghost Hunters, though I'd prefer if it released direct to Drive Thru as it was originally intended.

Legendlore doesn't exactly interest me, but I can understand why they'd want to pull the KS down.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

If anything this whole situation highlights the unsustainable nature of the kickstart just about everything model.

Comment

I don't see how that's the case.

It highlights the instability of crowdfunding as a major part of your income stream, sure. But niche luxury products like RPG books are always going to be sensitive to disposable income among the audience. The global economy is in the toilet, and most countries' economies are similarly in bad shape; many still getting worse. This is bad for RPG books regardless of funding styles.

If anything this shows that crowdfunding is more robust, not the other way around. Before major e-commerce, a RPG publisher could easily tank if something like this happened. If nobody's buying your books, you have no income, and you have a warehouse full of books that you're paying for on top of it. A global disaster killing sales for months means a stack of debt most RPG companies could never recover from back then. Using Kickstarter like Onyx Path does means they can pause projects in reaction to such events. There isn't a shipment of Legendlore books waiting around unsold that Onyx Path has to worry about. Money isn't being tied up in production and shipping on a book they can't sell yet.

Being able to just say, "Nope, we're delaying this KS because of the COVID-19 pandemic" is a sign that their crowdfunding strategy is sustainable.

Comment

Technocracy Reload KS is announced on 28th April, Legendlore is still only 'postponed'.

LGBT+ through Ages
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I think we've seen that if it's something people want, a KS can still be largely successful.--even during a pandemic. McFarlane's Spawn Remastered is going to pass 2 million, easily. And I have a good feeling Technocracy: Reloaded is going to do very well.

Comment

And...Technocracy Reloaded has funded in 45 minutes! ^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Start of Legendlore Kickstarter is postponed for two days, because of #BlackOutTuesday in USA and on social media - related to protests in USA, right now.

LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                            X