Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What action movie sequence should have killed/ seriously injured someone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What action movie sequence should have killed/ seriously injured someone?

I'm talking things like leaping off buildings, grabbing a ledge while falling, or taking on beatings which should have sent a person to the hospital.

After reading your question, I was reminded of the scene in Terminator where the T-800 goes to the gun store and the gun owner asks him which gun he'd like to purchase and Arnold responds with "all."

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

I think the list of action movies that don't downplay how dangerous things are would be significantly faster to establish.

I can't think of any unless "superpowers" can handwave things that don't make sense (like the number of people that should be dead from Superman catching them while falling).

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
        I think the list of action movies that don't downplay how dangerous things are would be significantly faster to establish.

I can't think of any unless "superpowers" can handwave things that don't make sense (like the number of people that should be dead from Superman catching them while falling).
        Well, then I guess I should change the title.

I'm writing a story, and I"m trying to draw in contrasts between the 'real' world, and the world of 'exalted'. Basically, I'm searching for examples where Exalted do things that would cripple a normal person, and I want to specifically draw attention on it.

Comment

But the problem largely isn't the "worlds" in question (though Creation is more forgiving than reality in general).

Exalted do things that would kill or cripple a normal person in their own setting, because they have superpowers.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
            But the problem largely isn't the "worlds" in question (though Creation is more forgiving than reality in general).

Exalted do things that would kill or cripple a normal person in their own setting, because they have superpowers.
            Yeah. I"m talking about the low-key superpowers that people don't usually see, and that people don't usually notice. It's so that I can both put in realism and really showcase superhumanity in more subtle ways than 'whoo, I'm glowing!'.

Like, say, being able to jump through windows without getting horribly cut. Or being able to walk off stab wounds to the abdomen.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
              Well, then I guess I should change the title.

I'm writing a story, and I"m trying to draw in contrasts between the 'real' world, and the world of 'exalted'. Basically, I'm searching for examples where Exalted do things that would cripple a normal person, and I want to specifically draw attention on it.
              Upon reading the title, and especially this, I think of the Matrix. Pretty much every real action sequence in it that involves bullets.

Granted, there may be people out there getting superpowers from getting shot by bullets but if so they're hiding very well.

Comment

Pretty much the last half of The Raid: Redemption and most of its sequel have amazing fights but how the protagonist is still living afterwards is a question

Comment

Working...
                X