Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What companies do the traditional printing for Onyx Path?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What companies do the traditional printing for Onyx Path?

First, I apologize if this isn't the correct subforum for this question, but all the others seemed to be game-specific.

I'm someone who's interested in potentially funding a commercial print run in the future, and it would be helpful to know who companies like Onyx Path, or the White Wolf of yore, go to for their print runs.

But it's starting to feel like these companies go out of their way to keep this information hidden, because I can't seem to find it anywhere. You'll get a "Printed in Canada" in the book, but that's about it. I'm sort of confused about why you wouldn't provide that information in the credits section of the book itself.

Also, as an aside, I asked this same question on r/OnyxPathRPG and was shocked by the number of responses I got from people claiming that Onyx Path only does POD now. I really have no idea how you can follow OPP and not know that they do traditional print runs on Kickstarter. I'm not sure what to make of that.

This subforum seems the best fit for certain.

That said, I'm not sure how much help the forum itself would be. Getting into the nitty gritty of this side of the business isn't really something that people chat about because, well, most of use aren't going to do a print run ever, and the majority of those that would would use a vanity press if they weren't going to use a PoD service instead these days. These forums just aren't really a place this sort of topic gets used for since it's the forum of a specific company and all.

I wouldn't say there's any concerted effort to hide this information as much as no real thinking that the public cares. This goes way beyond gaming books. Most products require a rather large number of companies to get made, and you don't get the whole production system credited in the final customer product's packaging/etc.

I would personally look for industry professionals that have some sort of social media presence or whatever with affirmative indications of willing to offer advice if contacted (expect a preference for private contacts). There's also groups like IGDN (Indie Game Developers Network) that have offering this sort of advice as part of their mission statement.

Comment

Working...
    X