No announcement yet.

Deadlands idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked it out. It’s pretty cool, but it’s heavily based on tactical combat (hence the name lol). I’ll probably just wait and see if they do any of those eras for the new Deadlands RPG (Deadlands Rome sounds like it would be awesome).

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
      Just checked it out. It’s pretty cool, but it’s heavily based on tactical combat (hence the name lol). I’ll probably just wait and see if they do any of those eras for the new Deadlands RPG (Deadlands Rome sounds like it would be awesome).
      I always figured if you were to do Deadlands Rome, you'd start with the idea of Caligula as some sort of mad devil-tyrant and build from there.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by jamiemalk View Post
        Yeah, it takes a lot of the nuance out of the setting. Raven was always the most interesting antagonist, even going on to declare war on his former masters.
        It always felt iffy at best, racist at worst, to make a Native American one of the major villains of a Western setting written and designed by white people for a mostly white audience.

Comment

Grumpy RPG Reviews exactly!!!

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

It always felt iffy at best, racist at worst, to make a Native American one of the major villains of a Western setting written and designed by white people for a mostly white audience.
            Honestly, i think Deadlands is the least racist, least "problematic" games I've ever encountered. I don’t even know how to repond to your iffy-ness

Prone to being a Classic Curmudgeon, goshdarned whippersnappers...

Comment

Working...
            X