Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s up with our cultures fascination with the “Lost” colony of Roanoke?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I dislike Wild West movies for Either praising or ignoring the whole ethnic cleansing, Chinese laborer discrimination, and slavery thing. Plus the whole idea of cowboy having epic gun fights instead of you know herding cows is fake.

Comment

Well John Ford knew that. The Man who killed Liberty Valance was all about the distance between the mythology of the western and real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
        Yeah I dislike Wild West movies for Either praising or ignoring the whole ethnic cleansing, Chinese laborer discrimination, and slavery thing. Plus the whole idea of cowboy having epic gun fights instead of you know herding cows is fake.
        Sort of, but the O.K. Corral was real. (Except for the part where the Earp brothers shot the other guys in the back.) But for real, there were lots of small local ranch wars where cowboys did have like one or two big gunfights per war and a bunch of smaller ones.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Working...
        X