Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know any of the Moderators of RPG.net?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know any of the Moderators of RPG.net?

I want to reactivate an account on their forum (to join an Aberrant Play By Post game), & I need their help to do so but they have not responded to any of my emails.

I don’t know if I keep getting sent to the Spam Folder, or they think I’m a bot, or what, but I could really use some help. Please PM me if you can help.

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
    I want to reactivate an account on their forum (to join an Aberrant Play By Post game), & I need their help to do so but they have not responded to any of my emails.

I don’t know if I keep getting sent to the Spam Folder, or they think I’m a bot, or what, but I could really use some help. Please PM me if you can help.
    Good luck, I know a lot of the “influential” folks here are “influential” over there. Let’s hope someone notices this for you.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post

How long have you been trying?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Let’s hope someone notices this for you.
        Thank you. I'm hopping.

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
        How long have you been trying?
        Ug. At least 3 weeks.

I don't have the exact date I started trying to salvage the old account, as I use their "Contact Us" option, which does not send a copy to my email, but it's been a while.

Comment

I'll put up a question on their Trouble Tickets. It might be you're using a method of contact they don't use anymore (I've only ever seen instructions to use regular email). In any case, it might catch notice that could help expedite things a bit.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Fuck, I got banned their.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
              Fuck, I got banned their.
              Tbh that's not really that difficult these days.

You've been playing around the magic that is black
              But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Trouble Tickets was the right way to go. There are plenty of spammers out there and some people who have been banned have attacked the site afterwards according to the moderators. They probably have a lot to deal with regarding emails, but seem pretty good at reactivating lapsed accounts when they can--I'd call it a technical issue.

While bans are up from when I first created my account, most of them can be avoided by reading the FAQ and being careful how you post on sensitive topics. Most of the bans come from politics threads or people arguing about the racism in games or edition-warring. I don't think I've gotten any warnings other than my originally superlong signature, which I quickly rectified.

Oh, and I met one of the moderators in person at a convention once. That moderator was a nice person then and is nice on the forum when they don't have to lay down the banhammer.

Comment

If by F.A.Q you mean guide to right think. The place has practically become the left's version of Free Republic only with a better funding model.

You've been playing around the magic that is black
                  But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Tbh that's not really that difficult these days.
                    I was banned there too.

Their loss.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is a topic derail and we need to avoid conflict with other sites. So, please restrict this to helping the OP.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Was the OP able to get in touch with the RPG.net admins so they could play in the game they wanted? If so, I would recommend closing the thread.

Comment

I followed up with Isator Levi's thread in their Trouble Tickets forum & sent them an email yesterday morning.

I'm just waiting to see what they say. (Fingers crossed!)
                          Last edited by Daredevil; 09-19-2020, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X