X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Inferno’ Review: Lousy Film, Plenty Racist

https://indiancountrytoday.com/archi...LUST_V21qXaxeQ

Lol it's a remake of cannibal holocaust, what did you expect? Going to complain about how the Hills have Eyes exploits the plight of victims of atomic testing?
    Last edited by Dwight; 10-27-2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
      Lol it's a remake of cannibal holocaust, what did you expect? Going to complain about how the Hills have Eyes exploits the plight of victims of atomic testing?
      Why is it being a remake of another shitty movie make it not deserving of scorn? It's even worse then cannibal holocaust as that movie didn't portrayal the natives as damages and have a hate on for ”SJWS”

Comment

Well one it's a seven year old movie so your outrage train is a little late, and two exploitation cinema is a thing that's been around since the 70's.

It's ment to shock and appall and what you call "hate for SJWS" is in fact the horrible reality naive people face going into situations they have no business getting into. Remember a few years ago a missionary went to an island with hostile inhabitants and caught a few arrows for his trouble? I don't think his body got recovered.

Have you watched the movie or only read the biased review?
        Last edited by Dwight; 10-27-2020, 11:19 AM. Reason: Follow up question

Comment

What but the naitves brutally eat and kill them its a cannibakl flick a inherently racist genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            What but the naitves brutally eat and kill them its a cannibakl flick a inherently racist genre.
            Because cannibals are supposed to humanity slaughter people before eating them?

Do you watch a lot of horror films? Cannibalism knows no race, religion or creed. They eat all people equally.

You still haven't asked my question about seeing the movie.
            Last edited by Dwight; 10-27-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Let's not be dismissive to the questioning of racial sensitivity.

Besides, it's pretty damn questionable to make first contact with an isolated tribe, introduce them to television, and then use them as extras in a horror movie.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Because cannibals are supposed to humanity slaughter people before eating them?
                This kind of implies presumptions about real life cultures that have practiced cannibalism that reinforces the point that the tropes is racist.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

This kind of implies presumptions about real life cultures that have practiced cannibalism that reinforces the point that the tropes is racist.
                  As opposed to every cannibal horror film that has the antagonists portrayed by white people?

Comment

As opposed to every cannibal horror film that has the antagonists portrayed by white people?
                    That actually does touch a bit on harmful stereotypes about people living in the Appalachian mountains and such, but that's still a smaller thing than narratives that have cast African and Polynesian people as savages in a manner that justifies colonialism.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

That actually does touch a bit on harmful stereotypes about people living in the Appalachian mountains and such, but that's still a smaller thing than narratives that have cast African and Polynesian people as savages in a manner that justifies colonialism.
                      You know the director Eli Roth said something exactly on that
                      "The idea that a fictional movie about a fictional tribe could somehow hurt indigenous people when gas companies are tearing these villages apart on a daily basis is simply absurd. These companies don't need an excuse—they have one—the natural resources in the ground. They can window dress things however they like, but nobody will destroy a village because they didn't like a character in a movie, they'll do it because they want to get rich by draining what's under the village. The fear that somehow a movie would give them ammunition to destroy a tribe all sounds like misdirected anger and frustration that the corporations are the ones controlling the fates of these uncontacted tribes."

I would also like to point out that the screen writer of Green Inferno is from Uruguay

Comment

Yeah historical Canniblistic cultures did not torture and eat random civilizations it was either a furneral ritual or a ritruls of eating enemy warriors.

Comment

Yeah historical Canniblistic cultures did not torture and eat random civilizations it was either a furneral ritual or a ritruls of eating enemy warriors.
                          Well then I guess it wouldn't be a horror movie if it was pleasant..... then again the accounts of the Bean clan in Scotland are to be believed......

Comment

Well then I guess it wouldn't be a horror movie if it was pleasant..... then again the accounts of the Bean clan in Scotland are to be believed......
                            Then they shouldn’t have made a horror movie. Or if Eli Roth really wants to rail against “slacktivsts” they should have made the Loggers/miners the main antagonist and yes I know the “twist” ending and have the naive liberal collage kids getting the natives killed.

But no Roth wanted to homage racist garbage like cannibal holocaust.

Comment

But no Roth wanted to homage racist garbage like cannibal holocaust.
                              Which brings me back to my still unanswered question of have you actually watched the film(s)?

Comment

Working...
                              X