No announcement yet.

LGBT III thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next hypocrtical cryptogay MP in Central Europe...
    'A naked man appeared behind Lithuanian MP Petras Gražulis during a conference call of the parliament’s Culture Committee. Gražulis is known for his anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric and protests during Gay Pride events in Vilnius.
    The meeting was broadcast live on the Seimas’ YouTube account. Some 13 minutes into the meeting, Gražulis temporarily turns on his camera, where a topless man can be seen behind the MP. LRT.lt attempted to contact Gražulis several times without success.'
    https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-englis...online-meeting

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Just to spite everyone for not stealing the election for him, Trump just stripped away federal discrimination protections for LGBT people.

He/him

Comment

The authors of Onyx Path Publishing write about reclaiming the Cthulhu Mythos for tolerant writers and audiences. ❤🌈❤ (As part of the Mask of Mythos expansion for Scion 2E RPG line).

Let’s take a minute to discuss the man himself. Lovecraft, for those who don’t know, was an ardent racist, anti-Semite, misogynist, and held a slew of other backward beliefs. He was so racist for his time that some of his contemporaries, of whom a few were also racist, wrote to him about being too racist and misogynistic. There is no defending the man, his beliefs, actions, or hatred. The core of Lovecraft’s work is tied into his own beliefs under a thin layer of cosmic horror.

In reality, his writing, while the foundation of this universe, represents a small percentage of Mythos writings. For all his faults, he believed in allowing others to help shape the Mythos and collaborated with other white writers. He did not want the Mythos contained to one person or company and believed additional ideas made it better. However, his explicit, self-expressed racism and xenophobia shaped the world he saw and created the Mythos.
        We don’t intend to ignore this reality; we intend to take it back.

We’re not giving lip service but informing you, the reader, of our mission statement upfront. Lovecraft’s fear made him the writer he was. Masks of the Mythos builds on the world he only offered to white writers a century ago and takes the Mythos as our own. The world he created continued long past him and has been expanded on and reshaped by over 100 writers and artists, many of whom are precisely the people who would have been the target of Lovecraft’s prejudices. That’s how change happens; it’s not something that just occurs. It comes from people confronting it head on. The Mythos is changing with each generation to reflect the modern era and the actual diversity the world has always had, even if it was not reflected in the work. The state of the modern world has prompted some to say Lovecraft’s legacy received the most fitting retribution possible: He lost. White ascendency ended while immigration and diversity continued.

The world today appears far more tolerant than his, and that would surely have made Lovecraft weep and faint like his protagonists. If the last decade in the United States has proven anything, it is that hate is alive and well and far too often living down the street from each of us. It turned from the violent, deadly force of 1920s lynchings to a more invasive one of redlining and an unbalanced prison system, and now in the 2020s, a merger of terrible aspects of both.

It is clearly not so much that Lovecraft’s vision of the world did not triumph but has simply shifted. Like Lovecraft, many people are afraid of losing and constantly blame “the other” for an impending downfall. There’s been an increase in hate crimes and violent attacks against people of color, queer and trans people, and minority houses of worship. Threats and name calling make our communities feel hostile, and the outside world seems even worse.
        In Masks of the Mythos, there is an attempt at making it better. Masks shines a light on this legacy of hate that extends back to Lovecraft and beyond him. It holds it up and dare it to reflect at us the worst of who we are so we may create a Mythos that reflects the world we wish to see. Every word is a testament to a world full of patience, tolerance, inclusion, and most importantly, the interconnectedness that binds other to other: the hope for a better future for humanity. A future that looks as little like Lovecraft’s world as we can muster and one where he and his kind have truly lost.’

Here is Kickstater link – and our forum topic about Kickstart campaign on Scion subforum

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

News for LGBT+ philosophy nerds - The author of the well-known YouTube channel PhilosophyTube previously acting as - Oliver Thorn - revealed herself as a trans woman, Abigail Thorn! 🌈

And of course she also made the entire almost 40 minutes long material about identity and identity politics.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-01-2021, 02:54 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I loved Abigail’s video, and framing her pre-transition identity as a character she had been playing really spoke to me, as an actor and fellow trans woman.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Netflix on love for Valentine's Day - LGBT+ compilation!

https://www.facebook.com/NetflixANZ/...23969681387240

LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                Netflix on love for Valentine's Day - LGBT+ compilation!
                Mind summing it up for those of us who don't click links to Facebook?

He/him

Comment

Compilation of same-sex romances of all famous Netflix original serieses. 😎 They point all major series with those plots.

LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

EU is Rainbow! 🌈 EU lawmakers declare bloc LGBT 'freedom zone'
                    The resolution seeks to ensure freedoms for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer communities across the bloc. The move is seen as a swipe at conservative authorities in Poland and elsewhere.

LGBT+ through Ages
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                      EU is Rainbow! 🌈 EU lawmakers declare bloc LGBT 'freedom zone'
                      The resolution seeks to ensure freedoms for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer communities across the bloc. The move is seen as a swipe at conservative authorities in Poland and elsewhere.
                      I'm glad to see such a thing being declared from the top so emphatically.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Now to only REAL blocking of further PiS discrimination of LGBT+ in Poland...

LGBT+ through Ages
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

New £ 50 banknote for Alan Turing, the creator of modern electronic computers - who was chemically castrated by Britain for being the 'terrible' LGBT+ 🌈 at a time when it was punished! https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56503741

LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The most famous gay couples in history and myths from around the world! ❤️ There are even biblical examples and Egyptian myths... #Gays

https://www.facebook.com/media/set?v...79809638762627

LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                            X