Looking for French Idioms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for French Idioms

I tried looking on line, but I only found a few. In particular I am looking for an idiom that is roughly equivalent to the American idiom "Hit the ground Running."
    What would that be?
    Also, if you are aware of other everyday or fun French idioms feel free to share.
    Thanks in advance.

1. What does "Hit the ground running" is meant to represent.

And
    2. You want France french or québécois french? (i can only help in the later)

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

To seize an opportunity and begin at full speed or immediately start an activity and work very hard and with full commitment.

Specifically I am looking for French idioms from France.

Comment

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
        Specifically I am looking for French idioms from France.
        Ooof i wont be of much help then im afraid. 😞
        Linguee suggest "Partir sur les chapeaux de roue" which seem similar enough as far as i can tell.
        Tho ive no idea what "wheel hats" ( chapeaux de roue) are.

Hope this helps

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

That might actually. Thank you

Comment

Doing some looking I suspect that it has something to do with putting on a driver's hat and racing ahead.

Comment

Working...
            X