D&D will increase it's Cadence of Releases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D will increase it's Cadence of Releases

D&D will increase it's Cadence of Releases according to what was said at the Hasbro Investor meeting where WotC was promoted to one of 3 core divisions at Hasbro.

In related news its confirmed that James Wyatt is moving back to the D&D team from the MtG team. James Wyatt is a setting book writing machine. He did all the Planeshift articles, Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, Mythic Odysseys of Theros, contributed to all the Eberron core books in every edition that had them, wrote the Player's Guide to Forgotten Realms in 3.5e I believe, the Art of Magic series of books of which there are alot of (which are like campaign neutral D&D setting books), he adapted the Rokugan setting for 3.5e, ect...

He was apart of the world building team on the MtG side before this.

So he is invaluable to the D&D team if they want start cranking out more setting books.

So far for this year we already have Candlekeep Mysteries for March 19th and Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft for May. Speculation is that July, September, and November will also get books. I believe July's will a Forgotten Realms (Faerun) World Book to tie in with Dungeons and Dragons: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms standard legal MtG set. This will allow them to milk the marketing, use art assets from the FR MtG set (hundreds of pieces of art to choose from), and maximize synergies.

For September general speculation is a Feywild Adventure.

November I think will most likely be another setting book, perhaps Spelljammer or Planescape. Outside shot it could be Kaldheim, but I doubt it.

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post
    D&D will increase it's Cadence of Releases according to what was said at the Hasbro Investor meeting where WotC was promoted to one of 3 core divisions at Hasbro.

In related news its confirmed that James Wyatt is moving back to the D&D team from the MtG team. James Wyatt is a setting book writing machine. He did all the Planeshift articles, Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica, Mythic Odysseys of Theros, contributed to all the Eberron core books in every edition that had them, wrote the Player's Guide to Forgotten Realms in 3.5e I believe, the Art of Magic series of books of which there are alot of (which are like campaign neutral D&D setting books), he adapted the Rokugan setting for 3.5e, ect...

He was apart of the world building team on the MtG side before this.

So he is invaluable to the D&D team if they want start cranking out more setting books.

So far for this year we already have Candlekeep Mysteries for March 19th and Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft for May. Speculation is that July, September, and November will also get books. I believe July's will a Forgotten Realms (Faerun) World Book to tie in with Dungeons and Dragons: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms standard legal MtG set. This will allow them to milk the marketing, use art assets from the FR MtG set (hundreds of pieces of art to choose from), and maximize synergies.

For September general speculation is a Feywild Adventure.

November I think will most likely be another setting book, perhaps Spelljammer or Planescape. Outside shot it could be Kaldheim, but I doubt it.

Not bad. This is good news.

Comment

5e content has had a ton of nods to Spelljammer and a few pointed ones towards Dark Sun; I’d bet on those being next.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

This is good news.

Comment

Working...
        X