What We Do In the Shadows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What We Do In the Shadows

Very funny movie. Not a bit like a Vampire LARP group….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv568AzZ-i8

Adventures of the most worthless Sabbat pack ever.

Looks fun.

Comment

Was the closest I have ever seen to one of my World of Darkness games on the screen. The first six minutes are available on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWk4YtK-iHY

Comment

It is really really hilarious and go and see it! Some neat horrific elements in there as well.

Comment

I saw it recently at a downtown Sundance theater in Seattle. Was funny and better special effects than I expected.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

I finally got around to watching it, and I was surprised not just by how funny it was but also how much heart there was in it. Definitely using it to inform any future * of Darkness games I play or run.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
            On the Chronicles of Darkness Slack Team. PM me for invitation
            Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

It really is uncanny how true it is to the vampire LARP experience. Especially in the Cam or whatever they call themselves now.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the sequel that focuses on the werewolves.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                Posts in this color are moderator posts
                Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                Forum Terms of Use
                the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                  It really is uncanny how true it is to the vampire LARP experience. Especially in the Cam or whatever they call themselves now.
                  I wouldn't know, not having LARPed myself. But I would probably have gotten involved if I had seen the movie when I was younger. That would have been one of those defining childhood moments.

Originally posted by Darksider View Post
                  I'm looking forward to the sequel that focuses on the werewolves.
                  I'm mostly looking forward to the sequel because it's called We're Wolves and I appreciate wordplay in all of its forms.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                  On the Chronicles of Darkness Slack Team. PM me for invitation
                  Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

Working...
                  X