No announcement yet.

What are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listened to Moonspell on the way to work today.

Comment

• I started listening to Linkin Park for the first time in over ten years. That's been a real trip down memory lane.

Comment

• Comment

• You asked...

Comment

• Everything Now is...not great. But discussions of the band's trajectory did get me to listen to Reflektor again, which I like more now than when it came out. It's still weaker than the first three, but it feels refreshing after EN.
            Last edited by Manic Pixie Dreamcast; 07-29-2017, 06:09 PM.

she/her

Comment

• Comment

• Found this on youtube

https://youtu.be/m3aszI5Fs7Q

Comment

• This feels appropriate for today.
                  https://youtu.be/wHpMCCd-qJ0

(They/Them/Their) https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/borderland

Comment

• I'm Camilla and this is Jackass....

Comment

• Celldweller's Offworld album has been my jam for the past couple of weeks.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                      Work Blog Coming Soon
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

• I've been trying so hard to make myself like this latest Gorillaz album and I just can't. More than half of the tracks just rub me the wrong way.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• What am I listening too?

This thread, actually. So thanks for the recommendations and samples everyone, I've found some new artists (and been reminded of other artists) to follow on Spotify.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

• These tracks go out to all the fans of moonshine out there, myself included. I've had moonshine from both Virginia and North Carolina, both states make great shine. But I'd say Virginia is better. We even have the moonshine capital of the world: Franklin County, VA.

That being said, the best 'shine I've ever had was made in Dickenson County, VA, my home county (though I currently live in Roanoke County, which borders Franklin County).

Franklin County makes some good corn whiskey, but there's something about some good ol' unflavored homemade white lightning made in the hills of the Appalachian coalfields.

And before you ask, I don't make moonshine, too risky for me. But I'll gladly drink moonshine, whether it be store-bought or homemade.

Last edited by Camilla; 08-13-2017, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Well, if we're doing a Drunk Thread crossover here, that works for me. Without a doubt, this Blueberry Kush is making every song I like juuust a little more awesome, and my ears are grateful receptacles for that awesome. These songs, for instance:

(They/Them/Their) https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/borderland

Comment

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
                                Well, if we're doing a Drunk Thread crossover here, that works for me. Without a doubt, this Blueberry Kush is making every song I like juuust a little more awesome, and my ears are grateful receptacles for that awesome. These songs, for instance:

I may not smoke, but I do drink like a fish and I'm with you that often times, I enjoy my music more when I'm hammered, depending on the genre anyway.

If I'm drinking moonshine or bourbon, I prefer bluegrass, classic country, or classic rock.

When drinking Irish whiskey like Jameson (my favorite whiskey brand) or Bushmills, I usually listen to folk music and Celtic traditional music, as cliche as that may be (I enjoy bands like The Dubliners, The Clancy Brothers, and The Corries unironically).

If I'm drinking vodka, time to crank up the volume on the disco, techno, Hi-NRG, and other types of dance music. Vodka also works well with heavy metal (especially black metal and thrash metal).

Oldies hits from the 1950's and 1960's are pretty enjoyable on their own, but I do like listening to that type of music if I've been drinking Scotch or Schnapps. Last week, I listened to the entire licensed soundtrack of Mafia II (a game set in the 1950's with a period appropriate soundtrack) while drinking Barton Peach Schnapps and staying up all night. Peach schnapps does taste good, I have to admit, and Barton's is available for a price that can't be beat.
                                Last edited by Camilla; 08-13-2017, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X