X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by cerealkiller View Post
    I still don't understand all the hype for SnK, it wasn't that great. It was gory, the story wall over the place, loads of angst and what have you. I don't know, maybe I'm just not the target audience.
    I've yet ot watch it, but from what I understand it apparently has to do with the characters-apparently they are neat to watch, or something.

Leave a comment:

• Thorbes
    replied
    I watched the first episode and had to drop it, not my cup of tea. My girlfriend and my friends, on the other hand, went completly bananas for it (specially her, she watched the first season in just two sits).

Leave a comment:

• cerealkiller
    replied
    I still don't understand all the hype for SnK, it wasn't that great. It was gory, the story wall over the place, loads of angst and what have you. I don't know, maybe I'm just not the target audience.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Attack on Titan is due to be continued, yes.

I'll have to see the artwork of Sailor Moon in action before say anything. I actually reasonably like the artwork, but the body proportions make me squint suspiciously(Like, I know people said that about the old one, but this one...them legs feel weird to me). But I don't think any of them looks obscenely thin. I dunno, time'll tell.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Hmm.… Sword Art Online is getting a second season; Sailor Moon is apparently getting a remake (is it just me, or does the new artwork for the Sailor Scouts make them look incredibly thin, almost sickly?). Log Horizon will be getting a second season at some point, though I’m not quite sure when. And I’ve heard rumors that Attack on Titan is going to be continued?

Leave a comment:

• Sorwen
    replied
    I finished My Little Monster. It wasn't bad. Something was annoying me about it at first and they it struck me how much like Kare Kano it was, but with an even more comedic take. After that I kept comparing the two the whole time. I think that is why I didn't like it as much as I would have otherwise. Still it wasn't bad.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Heartcatch Precure had a decent amount of hand to hand figthing - they end the battles by throwing out a big beam, but they usually brawled with the bad guys right up until then.

Cereal - let me know how it is. I really liked Ever17, but got incredibly bored with Remember11 and ended up dropping it about 1/2 way through the second route.
    Last edited by AnubisXy; 06-18-2014, 03:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cerealkiller
    replied
    So I decided to finally start reading Never7. The VN is very well written but I'm having trouble getting into it. I think its mostly because the BGM won't play because of some type of strange read error.

Leave a comment:

• cerealkiller
    replied
    Originally posted by danelsan View Post
    I was wondering if there is any good magical girl anime someone could recommend me in which fights push a bit more towards brawling or martial arts rather than mostly throwing around magic projectiles and stuff like that. Bonus points if it could be generally described as lighthearted but not fully comical.
    Futari wa Pretty Cure has a lot of hand to hand combat. I mean sure they typically use their power at the end of the episode to end the fight but mostly martial arts. I can't remember if its Fresh or Suite Pretty Cure but oen of those has loads of hand ot hand as well.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    It completely misses the boat on being lighthearted; but Puella Magi Madoka Magica features magical girls who wield sabres, axes, shields, bows, and muskets — although Mami’s use of her muskets admittedly borders on throwing around magic projectiles.

Leave a comment:

• danelsan
    replied
    I was wondering if there is any good magical girl anime someone could recommend me in which fights push a bit more towards brawling or martial arts rather than mostly throwing around magic projectiles and stuff like that. Bonus points if it could be generally described as lighthearted but not fully comical.

Leave a comment:

• Sorwen
    replied
    I finished Pet Girl of Sakurasou.recently and really liked it. Kind of ending that leaves you with warm fuzzies. Started watching Myself; Yourself. So far it is ok. I'm only half way in and it seems like it has had episodes that are nothing but filler. That or it is trying to force the warmth that PGoS fell into more naturally. It seems like it wants to put Sana with Nanaka and Asami as the potential in her way, but even the episodes Nanaka is in she doesn't really feel there. She generally doesn't talk much they just have her standing there in the background all the time. I make her feel more like a part of the background rather than an active participant.

Leave a comment:

• Kat
    replied
    Stuff I am watching or read recently:

Stardust Crusaders anime

Decoration Disconnection Disorder novel.

Leave a comment:

• Sorwen
    replied
    I have to give thanks for getting me to actually finally check out Crunchyroll. I watched all of Log Horizon. My opinion of its number two spot to the first arc of SAO didn't really change though I did like it better once it started to get rolling. There were still episodes that seemed slower than they should have been, but that could have just been the nature of the manga as well. Looking forward to season 2.

Watched Dragon Crisis as well. Meh. I liked the characters, but it was like everything it did was done with half an effort. Everything was done just enough to have the cliche in the anime. Whether it was the action, comedy, harem aspect, etc. I liked it well enough and don't feel my time was wasted with it, but there are many others that have done it much better and I couldn't really see watching it again like I do with some shows.

I started watching Asura Cryin' so I'll see how that goes.

Leave a comment:

• The MG
    replied
    I watched the first few episodes of Ghost Hound this weekend; seems promising.

...And no wonder, because I just realised that it's written by the Big O guy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X