Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    Episode 1 of Season 3 of Overlord:

Albedo's personal mount (the Bicorn) refuses to let pure maidens ride upon it. Despite being a succubus, she's spent nearly all her time guarding the throne room and never had time to seduce men as an NPC of Yggdrasil.

She decides to resolve this problem by attempting to rape Ainz, who is a skeleton!
    Season 3 is out?! *going to watch it immediatly*

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post

From what I can tell, only the first episode is out. Found it on Youtube.

Comment

First episode is out. It's basically, "Daily life in Nazarik" and focuses some of the more minor characters. I generally like Overlord okay - it has some interesting world building and whatnot. My biggest complaint is simply that Ainz and the rest of his goons are so overpowered that there's been practically no tension at all in the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

First episode is out. It's basically, "Daily life in Nazarik" and focuses some of the more minor characters. I generally like Overlord okay - it has some interesting world building and whatnot. My biggest complaint is simply that Ainz and the rest of his goons are so overpowered that there's been practically no tension at all in the series.

Next episode looks like it's going to focus on the village protected by the Goblins, which means we might be getting another arc that revolves around the inhabitants of the New World.

Comment

• Yeah, this episode is was probably my favorite. Ainz trying to play it smooth and act like he knew exactly what was going on when, in fact, he was more clueless than anybody. And those goblins were fucking great. I think that's really where Overlord excels and it just stops being as interesting when it revolves around Ainz and his direct subordinates stomping around and casually fucking everybody up.

Comment

• Well, as I suspected, this season of Overlord is shaping up to be a Carne Village arc.

Which means more world building!

Comment

• Okay, I just looked up a bit of spoilers on the wiki and learned that Demiurge is quite a sadistic freak when it comes to researching and experimenting on people.

One of his experiments involves feeding humans their own severed arms and then using healing magic to grow new ones. Since the original arm vanishes after a new one is grown in its place, he's curious to see if the nutrients from the consumed arm vanish too. And he wants to see if repeating the process over and over will cause the humans to starve to death!

Comment

• Yeah, there's a nice variety of good and evil characters in the Nazarick. You have evil bastards like Demiurge or Lupus or Solution, and then you have pretty good people like Sebas or Yuri or CZ. It makes for a pretty interesting mix of characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                    Yeah, there's a nice variety of good and evil characters in the Nazarick. You have evil bastards like Demiurge or Lupus or Solution, and then you have pretty good people like Sebas or Yuri or CZ. It makes for a pretty interesting mix of characters.

Apparently, Sebas is modeled after Touch Me's appearance in the real world.

Also, I love how the 41 Supreme Beings have names that you would actually be expected to find in an MMO, rather than having everybody go by a more appropriate role playing name.

But on the subject of them being good or evil, I think their race / class might be playing a part in it. We already know that Ainz's status as an undead forcefully suppresses his emotions whenever he starts to give into them. So maybe the others in Nazarick are under a similar compulsion?

Also, the vast majority of them are monsters, who had a bad history of being hunted for sport by the humanoid players in Yggdrasil. Which could explain their inherent loathing for humans.
                    Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-27-2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

• Next episode of Overlord, Ainz is about to go full Jiren on these people.

Comment

• Hmm, really ought to go back to some anime; that Crunchyroll subscription has been kind of money down the drain for a couple of months now.

Probably finish Ancient Magus' Bride, maybe start on that badminton show...

Go back and try watching more of Attack on Titan season 2? Nah, still not ready for that.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Part 1 of DBZ Abridged episode 60 is finally out. I've been told that parts 2 and 3 will be released 1 week from each other.

Worth the wait. <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

But on the subject of them being good or evil, I think their race / class might be playing a part in it. We already know that Ainz's status as an undead forcefully suppresses his emotions whenever he starts to give into them. So maybe the others in Nazarick are under a similar compulsion?

Also, the vast majority of them are monsters, who had a bad history of being hunted for sport by the humanoid players in Yggdrasil. Which could explain their inherent loathing for humans.
                            I think that it depends on how the players designed their NPCs- Sebas is good even though he is a dragon, and Victim is neutral even though he is an angel (just like Albedo's unhealthy obsession toward Aintz comes from him changing her setting moments before he was moved to the New World).

And yeah, Demiurge is a sick bastard on so many different levels.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

And yeah, Demiurge is a sick bastard on so many different levels.

Well, he's a level 100 Arch-Fiend, possibly Demon Lord, with "Extremely Evil" alignment.

Comment

• I am convinced Ains has maxed out levels in the Mr. Satan class.

Think about it. The guy can wear World Champion armor, despite being a low class fighter at best, and he somehow manages to bull shit his way into being seen as the greatest man in the world!

Comment

Working...
                                X