Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnubisXy
    replied
    I think you might like Non Non Biyori. It was my third favorite show last season. One of the better slow-paced slice of life's I've seen in few years.
    Last edited by AnubisXy; 01-14-2014, 04:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cerealkiller
    replied
    I've yet to get a chance to watch anything yet but Robot Girls Z but my watch list for this season is:
    Gundam Build Fighters
    Nagi No Asukara
    Strike the Blood (just picking it up)
    Log Horizon (just picking it up)
    Yusuha ni Narenakatta (picking up now from last season)
    White Album 2 (piccking up now from last season)
    Walkure Romanze (picking up now from last season)
    Arpegggio (picking up now from last season)
    Non Non Biyori (heard this was really funny, going to give it a few episodes)
    Outbreak Company (just picking up)

This Season:
    Robot Girls Z
    Nisekoi
    Space Dandy
    Sakura Trick
    Strange+
    Nourin
    Saki S3
    Wake Up Girls
    Witch Craft Works (maybe)
    Chuu2Koi S2
    Majokko movie (sounds cute)
    Lupin III v Detective Conan Movie
    Mouretsu Pirates movie
    idolm@ster movie

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    So, the new season started a couple weeks ago. Here's a quick list of what I'm watching and enjoying.

Wizard Barristers seems pretty interesting. It's a "modern world + magic" setting. The main character is working as a lawyer for people caught breaking the law through the use of magic. It seems like mages have their own court system, which tends towards extremely harsh punishments. It's clear that mages, due to the power they have, face fear and discrimination. Fairly interesting first episode. I'm curious to see where it goes.

Sekai Seifuku - The MC joins a group (led by a little girl) bent on conquering the world using magic and monsters. It seems there's going to be magical girls opposing them. I think I'll stick with it. It seems like it will be amusing, if only because of the "reversed" role, of the MC being part of the world conquering "villains."

Saki - The Nationals. More mahjong fun. I know nothing about mahjong, but for some reason I enjoyed the heck out of the first two seasons.

Chuunibyou Season 2 - Continuation of the series that was running last year. More of the same hijinks and such. Fun enough.

Space Dandy - I like the animation and the characters are all quite entertaining.

There's two series involving Nobunaga out. I haven't had the chance to watch them yet; might give it a shot next week.

Anybody else watching anything they like?

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
    The characters are all really fun, Mako especially.
    Yeah, Mako really came into her own in this episode. I am so amazingly gratified for the fact that, for all her goofy fun, she can be up on what's going on when it matters.

I also really want to see where Satsuki's going, which extends into the fact that there's some stuff thus far only hinted at (for a show that began as this one did, it's got a surprising grasp at subtlety in storytelling).

To whit:
    Originally posted by AnubisXy
    Even the new character Nui was quite entertaining.
    I do like the character in her own right, but I mostly like what she reveals or implies about other characters.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    You guys, Kill la Kill is just so good you guys, like you wouldn't even believe.
    Oh, I would believe. Because I watch it every week. It's easily my second favorite show this season (and in any other season would be number one, it just has the bad luck to be in the same season as Monogatari).

The characters are all really fun, Mako especially. Even the new character Nui was quite entertaining. I can't wait to see where the storyline goes from here.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    You guys, Kill la Kill is just so good you guys, like you wouldn't even believe.

Leave a comment:

• cerealkiller
    replied
    Its hard as HELL to get into it. they only open it up for about 5000 people at a time every once in a while at like 5AM EST. its a pretty neat game. You go on expeditions with your ships and work your way up from destroyers and light cruisers to heavy cruisers and battleships and aircraft carriers. I'm buying ALL of the ships and kits. The art is excellent and the voice talent is top notch. For instance: Kuma class light cruisers are voiced by Marina Inuoe (Yozora from Haganai). Nao Touyama (Kanon from The World God Only Knows) also voices some of the heavy cruisers IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Cereal. I think I remember you mentioning you were playing Kancolle? How was it? Anything you noted? It seems to be getting popular and I was thinking of giving it a try. Wanted to know what you thought about it first though.

Leave a comment:

• Ryoga84
    replied
    Seen yesterday the S2 ep.9 of Valvrave....
    it was really crude...

I think I'll implement something like that in my vampire chronicle...

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Just noticed the translation patch for Rose Guns Days Season 2 just came out. Guess I know what I will be doing for the next couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

As for Magi, I read the manga every week. I wasn't expecting much when I started, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be.
    My thoughts exactly. It quickly became one of my favorite series.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    I really enjoyed Umineko, even the ending. But then I suspect I came at it from a different direction than most people.

As for Magi, I read the manga every week. I wasn't expecting much when I started, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be.
    Last edited by AnubisXy; 12-08-2013, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Patricl_Gleason
    replied
    Does anyone here watch/read Magi: Labyrinth of Magic? I just started reading and now have this pressing urge to discuss it online...

Leave a comment:

• Sakii
    replied
    well yeah, at the end thing take a turn to the crazy but its still a good story overall, chapter 1-5 are great

Leave a comment:

• cerealkiller
    replied
    I would but I don't want to tell people to go through Umineko just to deal with that last bit. they really dived off the cliff around 7

Leave a comment:

Working...
X