No announcement yet.

Layoffs at CCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amen. It sucks to hear that, but best wishes to those folks and here's hoping they can land on their feet.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerofHeaven

holy crap..there are still block buster videos left!?!?!? OMG SEND ME A SHIRT.
      XD Yes, we are still around. For a month or so. :.P And I actually have a gigantic box of BB shirts of various sizes...even found a white one for ladies.

In any case, I hope the lay-offs lead to better things. There are no better things :.(

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
        I recall hearing something to the effect that the project requires radical restructuring, and from a friend of mine that used to work at CCP, they'd heard that it looked so bad that releasing information about it would've damaged the company's reputation. Which is an... interesting point of view. It still sucks for all those who lost their jobs.
        Yeah, I've actually heard similar rumblings from a friend who still works there, so it's less likely to just be post-layoff grumblings in his case. I really don't believe we will ever actually see the WoD MMO.

Please add signature.

Comment

I'm sorry about the layoffs.

Comment

This is sad to hear. At least it was not like in 2011.

Comment

This was the big news story on my first day as a Massively staff member. (Before I was publicly announced as such.) I hope I'm not jinxed.

This is really sucky for us fans, but just awful for those let go.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel fairly confident in calling it vaporware. As long as they've been working on it, they should have something to show for it.

Comment

I had heard there was a playable pre-alpha build, if Duke Nukem can come out after years of languishing in development limbo I still hold out hope we'll see the WoDMMO. Just hope it's before my new laptop is too outdated to play it.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                  Posts in this color are moderator posts
                  Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                  Forum Terms of Use
                  the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
                  X