X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octavo
    started a topic Layoffs at CCP

Layoffs at CCP

Very sorry to hear that a round of layoffs has hit the World of Darkness MMO development office.

"CCP today made strategic adjustments to the staffing on the team working on the
    World of Darknessproject in Atlanta that resulted in the elimination of approximately 15 positions at the company. The change was due to our evaluation of the game's design and ongoing development needs. While this was a difficult decision, CCP remains committed to the franchise and our promise to make a compelling, rich, and deep World of Darkness experience."

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12...-darkness-dev/

• Darksider
    replied
    I had heard there was a playable pre-alpha build, if Duke Nukem can come out after years of languishing in development limbo I still hold out hope we'll see the WoDMMO. Just hope it's before my new laptop is too outdated to play it.

Leave a comment:

• Randaconda
    replied
    I hope I'm wrong, but I feel fairly confident in calling it vaporware. As long as they've been working on it, they should have something to show for it.

Leave a comment:

• Nonsensicles
    replied
    This was the big news story on my first day as a Massively staff member. (Before I was publicly announced as such.) I hope I'm not jinxed.

This is really sucky for us fans, but just awful for those let go.

Leave a comment:

• Bent Twig
    replied
    This is sad to hear. At least it was not like in 2011.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    I'm sorry about the layoffs.

Leave a comment:

• The Hanged Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    I recall hearing something to the effect that the project requires radical restructuring, and from a friend of mine that used to work at CCP, they'd heard that it looked so bad that releasing information about it would've damaged the company's reputation. Which is an... interesting point of view. It still sucks for all those who lost their jobs.
    Yeah, I've actually heard similar rumblings from a friend who still works there, so it's less likely to just be post-layoff grumblings in his case. I really don't believe we will ever actually see the WoD MMO.

Leave a comment:

• Arteliex
    replied
    Originally posted by HammerofHeaven

holy crap..there are still block buster videos left!?!?!? OMG SEND ME A SHIRT.
    XD Yes, we are still around. For a month or so. :.P And I actually have a gigantic box of BB shirts of various sizes...even found a white one for ladies.

In any case, I hope the lay-offs lead to better things. There are no better things :.(

Leave a comment:

• Mockery
    replied
    Amen. It sucks to hear that, but best wishes to those folks and here's hoping they can land on their feet.

Leave a comment:

• MILLANDSON
    replied
    Sorry to hear about the bad news - I hope those people from WW end up getting into jobs elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    I they'd heard that it looked so bad that releasing information about it would've damaged the company's reputation.
    So basically the same thing that happened with Blizzard's Titan. Too bad. I've been looking forward to the WoD MMO for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Leetsepeak
    replied
    I recall hearing something to the effect that the project requires radical restructuring, and from a friend of mine that used to work at CCP, they'd heard that it looked so bad that releasing information about it would've damaged the company's reputation. Which is an... interesting point of view. It still sucks for all those who lost their jobs.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    This sucks. I'm sure the people affected will land on their feet. I've never been happy with CCP, and I've voiced my opinion numerous times on how I would love for Onyx Path to have total control over White Wolf properties, etc. I'm not a fan of CCP, and I've heard a ton of negative things about the company from former employees.

I know Dust 514 did extremely poorly, and I wonder if the WODMMO team was affected because of this, which would be extremely sad.

I still have hopes for the WODMMO, but man...

Regardless, I KNOW those affected will get back on their feet. We all do.

Leave a comment:

• HammerofHeaven
    replied
    Just kidding. it DOES suck when layoffs are happening..I hope everyone involved is okay..

Leave a comment:

• HammerofHeaven
    replied
    Originally posted by Arteliex View Post
    Son of a...

Well... that sucks. Of course, I work at Blockbuster, and ALL of us are closing. My store sooner than any...being the last one in Tennessee and all. I feel the pain of the lay-offs. In any case, lay-offs or no, I'm still looking forward to that mmo.
    holy crap..there are still block buster videos left!?!?!? OMG SEND ME A SHIRT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X