No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also event fatigue, that is a big problem with marvel right now.

Comment

• I used to read a lot of Marvel, but it's been here since I shifted my focus on smaller stuff and I haven't regretted the choice for a single instant. Hellboy aside, which is relatively famous and always top-tier quality. I'm of the idea that some of the best comics out there come from authors free to do their thing.

The Wicked + The Divine, Paper Girls, Monstress, I Kill Giants...all titles I loved and example of the wider comic scene. Plus old gems like Transmetropolitan or The Invisibles. I love Marvel but, to be honest, I'm more in love with the platonic ideal of it than the actual comic it publishes

Last edited by Cinder; 09-03-2017, 07:22 PM. Reason: Wrong thread for the second part

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
      Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

• Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post
        Also event fatigue, that is a big problem with marvel right now.
        Midway through their Secret Empire event they promised that there would be no more events. Now that it's over they're saying every story is an event. I get the thrust of what they're trying to promise but bad way to go about it.

At least I'm having fun.

A nice small and for the most part contained event.

I hate that Hasbro has this huge universe crossover thing in the comics in IDW and it really has scattered GI Joe to the four winds.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Is that... Bat Panther, Bat Flash, Bat... Uhhh... Hulk, Bat... No idea... Batquaman (or Batquawoman, I guess), and Bat Lantern?

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Bat-Cyborg, the Murder Machine. Bat-Flash, the Red Death. Bat-Doomsday, the Devastator. Bat-Ares, the Merciless. Bat-Aquaman (well, Mera, his Atlantean Queen), the Drowned. And Bat-Lantern, the Dawnbreaker.

There's also the Bat Who Laughs. Who's obviously Bat-Joker.

Completely over the top!

EDIT: Turns out they're borne out of certain fears. Merciless is if he was still in a relationship with Wonder Woman and she died in a war with the gods. Devastator is the lengths he would have to go to defeat a fully-amped Superman. Dawnbreaker what if Batman got a Green Lantern ring in the alley when his parents were killed, instead of years of discipline. The Bat Who Laughs is his fear of killing the Joker, and thus becoming him.
            Last edited by nofather; 09-04-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• I just stumbled over something that sums up my feelings about politics intruding on the comics industry:
              https://m.imgur.com/UDBgy8K

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."

Comment

• I hate politics in general. And I say this as someone who aspires to be a politician.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post
                  I hate politics in general. And I say this as someone who aspires to be a politician.
                  Care to elaborate at all?

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Care to elaborate at all?
                    I'd like to think it's a matter of modern politics, but it seems to me that all of history is nothing but oppression and conflict. There's so much stupidity and chaos, most of it completely unnecessary. I want to think that people are generally good, but I've become entirely unconvinced of that as the endless arguments have made me familiar with the worst in humanity. Politics ruins everything it touches, but it touches everything and always has.
                    Simply put, I don't think there's any escaping from it. If I want to do any lasting good, I've got to play the game, no matter how much I hate it.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

• Care to elaborate upon your aspiration? Is it something you're actually working for or just a passing whim?

Comment

• Hurricane Irma is coming to Florida.

We're all(hopefully not) doomed.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Watching a Youtube video is NOT the same thing as reading the game supplement!

*punches through the wall, sets own house on fire, flees the country*

(They/Them/Their) https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/borderland

Comment

• My phone says it's full, I know for sure it is not, and when I check the memory it gives me a valor (the true one) while still telling me I'm using all the memory.

Since I'm a doofus when it comes to phones, I don't know how to solve this nor why it happens and it's driving me crazy

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                            Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

• I found another one. In this case, is Spider-Man representative of the majority of Comic Book fans, in that he's an awkward teenager who is bullied at school, and has a hard time finding a girlfriend, then this happens:

We nerds take enough crap from the mainstream people, and we're not recognized as a minority; the last thing we need is to have our one escape from reality forcibly altered to meet some artificial diversity quota. Comics are fairly diverse already, and forcing a bunch of poorly written "affirmative action" characters on us isn't helping ANYONE.

Ok, I'll stop beating the dead horse for awhile...
                              Last edited by Mangle77; 09-07-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Edited due to double post.
                                Last edited by Mangle77; 09-07-2017, 10:57 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Working...
                                X