You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

I'd rather not say any specifics in this thread. If you're really interested, you can message me, and I'll fill you in.
    I hate that there's good reason for you to not feel safe to say what you mean about this publicly in this thread. Frank discussion is key to understanding each other, but there are some people who can't tolerate having their views challenged.

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
    I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

• For the record, I’m pretty sure I know who you’re referring to, and there’s nothing against the rules about liking them, or about expressing displeasure with the recent events surrounding him, if that’s what you’re worried about. In fact, if people were to attack you for doing so, that would be against the rules.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
        For the record, I’m pretty sure I know who you’re referring to, and there’s nothing against the rules about liking them, or about expressing displeasure with the recent events surrounding him, if that’s what you’re worried about. In fact, if people were to attack you for doing so, that would be against the rules.

Thanks, Charlaquin. But it's cool. I vented. That was enough. : )

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• So, I sold a few World of Darkness books on Ebay, and one asshole that I sold it to is claiming he only found one book in the package that I sent.

There were four. How do I know? Because I fucking packed them. So unless a USPS worker decided that he wanted Subsidiaries of Pentex, Freak Legion, and Book of the Wyrm 2nd, but NOT Book of the Wyrm 1st(as that was the only one the buyer claimed he received), I'm calling major fucking bullshit.

Worst part is, I know this asshole is lying, but EBAY will still side with him and I will have to give a refund.

Fucking bullshit.

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

• Feeling some pressure these days.

Exams, which are always awful to deal with, issues with some friends that were never dealt with but are now becoming inevitable, drama within my social circle I'm forced to witness and some big fuck ups I got myself into but never told to my relatives because I was afraid to disappoint them are now becoming impossible to hide further. . The combination of all that takes me into some rather dark places. Wish I could vent with someone or tell my parents, but I'm terrified of what would happen if I show them all my cards

I just want for someone to show me some appreciation because I have none to offer myself and tell me I'm not 100% worthless. But all I can bring myself to do is to vent here, which is not exactly cool from my part, I know.

I hate that.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

I'm often afraid I might say something wrong and look bad. Not dismissive, just anxious

Comment

• I hate how rough my body is. I can’t sleep without the help of medication; naturally, my body likes to go two or three days without rest, then pass out for a full day. It hurts whenever I eat anything, and I usually throw up what doesn’t go clean through me. Mental health is a nightmare. Dysphoria is a double nightmare.

It’s hard for me to believe there are people out there whose bodies actually work, and there’s folk with chronic stuff a dozen times nastier than mine.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Another school shooting in Florida. Only a FEW MILES AWAY from where I live.

The politicians will offer thoughts and prayers.

And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on, and the beat goes on...

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

• I don't even know to feel about shootings anymore.

It's like, nothing will happen, ever.

Comment

• I don't know how the American public or teachers can handle it. I teach in Canada. I've taught within an hour of the boarder with Montana. I hear about everyone of those shootings and they rend my fucking heart in two.

CofD booklists:
                    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• That's nineteen this year, and we're not even into March yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        I don't know how the American public or teachers can handle it.
                        For better or worse? You normalize it to an extent. Having spent time living in a place where suicide bombings and IEDs were common enough that seeing the bomb squad out, didn't elicit any more of a reaction than seeing the police pull someone over, and having spent time having things to do during shelter in place drills here... you have to get used to it, or you can't function. That's part of the whole point of doing drills. You practice what you're supposed to do, not just because you might need to use that, but because there's comfort in knowing there's a plan to keep you safe when it happens.

It just... happens at some point. You accept that it's reality - however you fall on the ways to fix it - and numb yourself to the fact that the odds are someday you're school is going to be in the news. Though most of us end up dealing with things that horribly enough don't even register national, or even statewide, attention. When you're on the ground... you have to let the people behind you worry about things, because you have to do. It's not good, but it's what you have to do.

Comment

• never mind
                          Last edited by Onkwe; 02-23-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• Social media. In all it's forms.

Sometimes...it's the fucking worst.

Because there's always going to be people who say shit behind a keyboard they would never say in someone's face.

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

• The fear of pushback when I come out is always terrifying and I hate that it’s likely going to be a factor for the entire rest of my life, but far more exhausting is the idea of having to give Baby’s First Gender Talk to confused cis people whenever I introduce myself to them for the rest of my life.

EDIT: I should say I’m lucky enough to live somewhere where violence against me is far less likely than the norm, and I’m thankful for that.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Never ceases to amaze how how much, even compared to the average, the customers of Gamestop hate the clerks by default. Not that the company does not give them reasons to do so, I have nightmare stories to tell about it, but there's a real disdain for the people behind the counter, a mixture of disgust and dehumanizing contempt, that exceeds the admittedly awful low bar of misbehavior we accept as "normal" when public and store staff interact. Does not help that you matter zero to Gamestop itself and they don't even bother to try and hide it.

And yet I always come back to work with a stupid contract for a month or two whenever they ask me because that seems to be the only place that's ok with hiring me nowadays (finding work is tough around here). Money is money, but I'm almost happy I'm basically a limited-time mercenary to hire when the war is at its worse and at the same time hate that things are that way.
                                Last edited by Cinder; 02-16-2018, 07:14 AM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

I'm often afraid I might say something wrong and look bad. Not dismissive, just anxious

Comment

Working...
                                X