You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
    What is LTTP? Google told me it was short for Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
    I think it’s Late to the Party

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Grr grr grr.

Comment

• Hard drives that randomly decide to melt down.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
        He/His Pronouns
        CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
          Hard drives that randomly decide to melt down.
          The nightmare that keeps me awake at night.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinder View Post
            The nightmare that keeps me awake at night.
            Like, it's fine, I have everything in my drive, so all I really lost was my Stellaris play through, and that got upgraded to 2.0 on Wednesday, so I had just started a new one... but it's frustrating, it's a hassle, and it's more money down the drain.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
            He/His Pronouns
            CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Like, it's fine, I have everything in my drive, so all I really lost was my Stellaris play through, and that got upgraded to 2.0 on Wednesday, so I had just started a new one... but it's frustrating, it's a hassle, and it's more money down the drain.
              I also keep the important stuff in drives, but the mere idea of that sudden huge hassle is enough to scare me. Feel ya.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• I hate RuPaul with every fiber of my being and if I have to listen to one more clueless cis asshole try to debate me on why I shouldn’t want to smack the holy hell out of that transphobic jackass, I might actually scream.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                  I hate RuPaul with every fiber of my being and if I have to listen to one more clueless cis asshole try to debate me on why I shouldn’t want to smack the holy hell out of that transphobic jackass, I might actually scream.
                  In a similar vein, I hate how difficult it is to criticize drag. People get so defensive over it that it’s impossible to call out the transmysoginistic undertones in it without someone falling over themselves to defend it. I don’t hate drag, I just think there are some problematic elements to it that should be critically examined. But it’s really hard not to end up resenting it when any attempt to acknowledge that it does have such elements is met with such fierce resistance. And it’s really frustrating to get “you shouldn’t be offended by this”d by fellow LGB people.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    In a similar vein, I hate how difficult it is to criticize drag. People get so defensive over it that it’s impossible to call out the transmysoginistic undertones in it without someone falling over themselves to defend it. I don’t hate drag, I just think there are some problematic elements to it that should be critically examined. But it’s really hard not to end up resenting it when any attempt to acknowledge that it does have such elements is met with such fierce resistance. And it’s really frustrating to get “you shouldn’t be offended by this”d by fellow LGB people.
                    Fuck anyone who tries to shout me down with “drag is an important part of gay culture!” when I have to deal with so many of these fuckers normalizing slurs.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• I hate to change the subject but I want to go on the record to say that I utterly hate both Marvel and DC with a burning passion. Especially the MCU and how it's become the dominant trend in movies these days. As for DC, they aren't any better in my opinion.

It's not because superheroes aren't "intellectual" or "high art", I'm not a smug hipster or a wannabe film critic (like a lot of the people I have met who hate superhero films). I just don't like comic-book superheroes anymore. Like at all.

I prefer anime instead. But that is just my opinion and nothing more, so feel free to disagree with me on it.

It's just that I am sick to death of all this comic book superhero stuff and I hope that the superhero craze finally burns itself out soon.

I will gladly take anime and manga over Marvel and DC any day of the week.
                      Last edited by Camilla; 03-07-2018, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post
                        It's not because superheroes aren't "intellectual" or "high art", I'm not a smug hipster or a wannabe film critic (like a lot of the people I have met who hate superhero films).
                        Man, you really have a lot of disdain for any form of critical analysis, don't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                          Man, you really have a lot of disdain for any form of critical analysis, don't you?

I don't have a disdain for critical analysis, I was just referring to certain people I know in real life who I find annoying. I am sorry if I upset anyone on this particular forum.

The people I am referring to are not actual critics or intellectuals, but honest-to-god hipsters who are smug pseudo-intellectuals that hate superhero films just to be contrarian.
                          Last edited by Camilla; 03-07-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Yeah you were hating those movies before it was cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              Yeah you were hating those movies before it was cool.
                              I'll admit, that was pretty clever and I did sort of set myself up for that one.

But yeah, I used to like some of the comic book superhero stuff when I was little, such as Marvel vs. Capcom or the old 90's cartoons such as Batman: The Animated Series and the X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons that aired on Fox Kids, but after a certain point I got burned out on the whole superhero thing during high school, around the time the first Iron Man movie came out.

There is one exception to this dislike of Marvel and DC, and that is The Punisher. It helps that the Netflix series is fuckin' awesome, and I loved reading Punisher comics as a kid and playing the video game version of The Punisher for the Playstation 2 back when I was in middle school.
                              Last edited by Camilla; 03-07-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• The only differences I've seen between comics and manga are the universes and age. DC and Marvel (and other comic companies) have large, conjoined universes, but as you step away from them (or just look at their other imprints) they have more individual lines. Even the age thing as a difference is going away as fans and writers of manga cling to their darlings and start rebooting things.

You can hate one or the other or both as much as you want, they're niche hobbies just like the one this board represents and the thousands of others out there that round out peoples interests.

Comment

Working...
                                X