No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate that a good friend of mine might have Thyroid cancer and that he has to pay for the surgery to remove the mass out of pocket cause his insurance won't cover it.

Backer #2010

Comment

• I hate that cis people can’t be politely corrected without them exploding into a defensive mess that makes the whole situation so much more than it needed to be.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• I hate that Channel Awesome, a source of media that has been a staple of my entire adult life, proved to be something that hurt many people that I have great respect and affection for, and that even if it does not unceremoniously collapse, that I can no longer really stand the sight of it.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          I hate that Channel Awesome, a source of media that has been a staple of my entire adult life, proved to be something that hurt many people that I have great respect and affection for, and that even if it does not unceremoniously collapse, that I can no longer really stand the sight of it.
          I haven't been paying attention to them since about the point where Blockbuster Buster let everyone down with his review of The Phantom Menace. Mind enlightening me?

EDIT: Never mind, yeah, that shit is reprehensible.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-13-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• I always did get an iffy vibe about them, but never had anything to substantiate it. Something about their content was always just a little cringe-y, like the actors weren’t totally comfortable with what they were performing. I’m glad most of their best creators are on their own now and doing better work than they were able to do under Channel Awesome. It’s too bad Doug is kind of stuck with them, as it seems like none of the allegations are targeted at him, but the CEO seems to have his character and brand hostage. Then again, it sounds like he never really stood up against the bullshit of the rest of the CA management either.
            Last edited by Charlaquin; 04-13-2018, 11:33 AM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
              It’s too bad Doug is kind of stuck with them, as it seems like none of the allegations are targeted at him, but the CEO seems to have his character and brand hostage. Then again, it sounds like he never really stood up against the bullshit of the rest of the CA management either.
              ​I'd reserve the first part of that sentiment for the likes of Brad Jones, and possibly Tamara and Malcolm. From what I'm hearing about these events, while Doug Walker may not have been at the forefront of every unpleasantness visited upon the former producers, his involvement was a bit more than simply tacit approval via silence.

​The most pointed allegation that I've heard is that he was a deciding vote on the decision to fire a web employee who had recently had a severe surgery.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                ​I'd reserve the first part of that sentiment for the likes of Brad Jones, and possibly Tamara and Malcolm. From what I'm hearing about these events, while Doug Walker may not have been at the forefront of every unpleasantness visited upon the former producers, his involvement was a bit more than simply tacit approval via silence.

​The most pointed allegation that I've heard is that he was a deciding vote on the decision to fire a web employee who had recently had a severe surgery.
                Ahh, I’d heard that about the surgery, but not that Doug was the deciding vote. Gross.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Currently away to work, since I've found a job that provides services at conventions, fairs and such. Hate the fact that my boss is the kind of aggressive jerk who vents on the employees no matter what and treats them awfully. Done a bunch of jobs with him, but being forced to deal with him at short distance all the time, while spending several days hundreds of kilometres away from home, checks an unpleasant amount of entries on my anxiety list.

Jeez. Gotta think I'll pay Enemy Action and the Beast PG with this and hold on.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• Had a coworker tell me today he was okay with the bombings in Syria because war stimulates our economy and I’m struggling to think of a more cartoonishly evil opinion someone could possibly have.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• I think a combination of harassment and what almost feels like a growing tendency of parties to intentionally and disingenuously read things on the internet in the most hostile manner possible is killing my desire to like rpgs anymore.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                        Had a coworker tell me today he was okay with the bombings in Syria because war stimulates our economy and I’m struggling to think of a more cartoonishly evil opinion someone could possibly have.

Do you work for a Pentex subsidiary?

Jesus...

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• I hate how politically polarized everything has become, and I also hate the rise of extremism on both the Left and the Right.

Fuck the extremists. Bill Maher may be a dickhead, but he was right about one thing. There is a middle ground between the PC Police and the Baltimore Police, and we seem to have forgotten that in this day and age.
                          Last edited by Camilla; 04-15-2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post
                            I hate how politically polarized everything has become, and I also hate the rise of extremism on both the Left and the Right.

Fuck the extremists. Bill Maher may be a dickhead, but he was right about one thing. There is a middle ground between the PC Police and the Baltimore Police, and we seem to have forgotten that in this day and age.
                            See, this right here is a political stance. It’s a little odd to condemn politics, and make a political statement in the same breath. If you want to avoid politics, fine, but then stay out of the political conversation. If you what you want to do is condemn extremist political positions and advocate for a centerist viewpoint, then don’t condemn politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                              Do you work for a Pentex subsidiary?

Jesus...
                              You know... having lots of friends who have worked at [company Regina works at, which I won’t disclose without her permission]... I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that it was.

Comment

• Fucking yellow jackets. Going over our game's wrap-up last night and got stung by one.

Comment

Working...
                                X