No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate that, having resolved some personal issues with my laptop and getting it strongly into my head to record my play of Xenoblade Chronicles, I find that I have no idea where the box with the component that would hook my Elgato card to the Wii is, having not seen it since the move.

I'm troubled by the serious consideration of spending about €50 to purchase a replacement of that one cable. Either that or finding a Cex outlet carrying a full Elgato, and trying to convince them to sell me the wire separately.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Looks like the Trump administration wants to redefine "gender" so as to erase the existence of trans people.

Comment

• Yeah, I remember when he was running he said, "What do you have to lose?" Looks like literally everything.

Comment

• Nostalgia goggles.

Comment

• I Hate what happened to Joss Whedon. It's a long story and i rarely talked about it with people who were not irrational or just flat out horrible human beings so bear with me. So anyways,when Avengers:Age of Ultron was releases some people didn't like the movie because black widow's character was sad she cudn't have children and saw herself as a monster because of alll the people she murdered on her past as a russian spy. People,irrational,horrible, disgusting people went off on the screenwriter,Joseph "Joss" whedon because apparently a CHARACTER saying that means he also thinks woman who can't conceive as monster. The sheer stupidity of that thought makes me see red.
            They destroyed joss,what they did to him was not bullying like i used to think,it was abuse. It ws torture.Hundreds of thousands of tweets saying he was mysoginitisc douchebag,death threats.God so many death threats. comparing him to Hitler. This made me angry on so many levels. First,it's because so many people were simply unable t realize a character saying something doesn't mean the author believes it.. Even the simple concept of "a writer’s character’s viewpoints don’t reflect the writer’s viewpoint" eluded those disgusting rotten human beings.
            I cannot overstate that what was done to Joss was abuse and torture and should be punishable by law. The cruelty of was done to him could have made him kill himself. I don't think he is a bad writer,but even if he was? does he really deserve it? to receive thousands of death threats? to be called a monster? to be threw in the thrash and slandered and called 1001 horrible names? All of that because of fucking character.
            And i don't want to song like a preacher,but since this is the place to let the our feelings out,i think God will judge those people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Acopiltaczet View Post
              "a writer’s character’s viewpoints don’t reflect the writer’s viewpoint"
              I don't know anything about this specific controversy, but the inability of people to recognize this fact has always really bugged me.

There's a flip side, in that sometimes when a theme is recurrent in a specific creator's work, it really is indicative of their own beliefs; see Lovecraft, but that shouldn't mean that writers should be punished any time they write a character with the 'wrong' beliefs, even if the character is portrayed sympathetically or the work doesn't go out of their way to contradict them.

Comment

• To be fair, apparently Whedon's wife came out and shared that he had misogynist views.

But harassment and doxxing is always too far.
                Last edited by nofather; 10-27-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lnodiv View Post
                  There's a flip side, in that sometimes when a theme is recurrent in a specific creator's work, it really is indicative of their own beliefs; see Lovecraft, but that shouldn't mean that writers should be punished any time they write a character with the 'wrong' beliefs, even if the character is portrayed sympathetically or the work doesn't go out of their way to contradict them.
                  Some authors have their personal opinions leak into their work like with Lovecraft as you mention. I remember reading Lovecraft when I was 9 and thought, "Wow, this writer seems racist." So later when it was confirmed to me that he was in fact racist I shrugged and said, "Obviously." But other authors maybe not so much. When I was younger I was kind of a fan of Orson Scott Card. I read most of his books and so later, when I found out he was pretty homophobic, that came as a surprise since that wasn't something that had appeared in his work, at least not that I could remember.

That said, with Joss Whedon, this wasn't the first time he's taken flack for misogyny. I remember he took a lot over his show Dollhouse, and he's taken flack for other shows and scenes that he's written over the years as well. I can't say I'm surprised that some people would claim that there's a pattern at this point, especially in light of his own wife's statements. That said, yeah harassment and doxxing is going too far.

Comment

• I hate that we'll never get full justice for the victims of those killed by extremists stoked by politicians happy to exploit fear mongering and violent rhetoric to stoke their base to vote, because we'll only punish the symptoms and not the cause.

I also have extremely negative views of people that were telling me that Jews in America have no reason to be worried about Trump's impact on society and our safety.

Comment

• I hate that we can't even get to talking about one mass shooting, before another rears its ugly head.

Comment

• I hate that I can’t let some slight go, even when it wasn’t intentional on other persons part and they were just trying to make an interesting game. I just...can’t stop being angry at some things, even when doing so hurts someone I otherwise like.

Comment

• We had to put the family pet to sleep, my sister's hamster. Our beautiful, clever, athletic, inventive, fearless and so very, very mischievous hamster. He had gotten sick, and no prospect of getting better, and it was the merciful thing.

We'd had him for about a year, and had a wonderful time with him during that span. It was an unfortunate end, but even then he was surrounded by people that he loved and who loved him.

I'll miss him terribly.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Was changing a porch light bulb on Halloween when I took a step into space and tumbled down some concrete stairs. Thankfully my leg wasn't broken or dislocated, but good luck telling it that. So I'm gonna be an invalid for the next week or so. Lovely.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• I just hate how insane and polarized everything has become these days.
                              Last edited by Camilla; 11-05-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                                Was changing a porch light bulb on Halloween when I took a step into space and tumbled down some concrete stairs. Thankfully my leg wasn't broken or dislocated, but good luck telling it that. So I'm gonna be an invalid for the next week or so. Lovely.
                                Feel better soon, Promie. Sounds like it was quite the fall.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                                - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                                (She/Her)

Comment

Working...
                                X