No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was so viscerally affected by a news story that I sobbed and shook for several minutes after it was done. Hearing me, my spouse ran in from the next room to see if I was okay, then walked away after hearing I was reacting to a news story. I hate that I still have that feeling inside me - that horrible, shaking, despair and rage - but I have no one in my circle of friends and family that wants to talk about that topic. It's too hot for them to handle, and I'm not up to coaxing them into talking about it if they're too raw or out of spoons to do so. Then there's the ones for whom I care deeply that will not talk about it because they know they disagree with me and don't want to fight over it with me. Somehow this loneliness is almost as bad as the rest of it. I hate that I have to find some way to swallow it down and keep moving forward.

Comment

• Well, you want to talk about it here? I have no idea if I'll agree or disagree, but I can promise not to jump in if I don't and surely someone here, or even me, may agree and/or have something helpful to say?

Comment

• I really hate cracking one of my molars so badly it had to be extracted. The extraction had complications and I have a perforated sinus, whoopee! Now I get the pleasure of tasting what drains out of my sinus through the empty socket where the tooth used to be.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
        Posts in this color are moderator posts
        Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
        Forum Terms of Use
        the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksider View Post
          I really hate cracking one of my molars so badly it had to be extracted. The extraction had complications and I have a perforated sinus, whoopee! Now I get the pleasure of tasting what drains out of my sinus through the empty socket where the tooth used to be.
          Ouch man that's brutal, I'm sorry to hear things went so awfully. Hope you get some sort of pain killers to at least dull the pain even if they don't have de-tasters to get rid of the taste.

Comment

• Thanks man. I have a Vicodin scrip for back problems so that'll cover me while this heals up but I have to double the daily dosage. That means I better have a long string of low/no back pain days. I really hate that I'm getting old man problems (chronic back pain, arthritis from old sports injuries). I've met retired pro athletes less beat up than myself.

Forum Terms of Use
            the Contact Us link.

Comment

Thanks man. I have a Vicodin scrip for back problems so that'll cover me while this heals up but I have to double the daily dosage. That means I better have a long string of low/no back pain days. I really hate that I'm getting old man problems (chronic back pain, arthritis from old sports injuries). I've met retired pro athletes less beat up than myself.
              Man, that sounds risky. And seriously with the age stuff, they need to start making those after-game treatments and miracle doctors available for the rest of us.

Comment

Thanks man. I have a Vicodin scrip for back problems so that'll cover me while this heals up but I have to double the daily dosage. That means I better have a long string of low/no back pain days. I really hate that I'm getting old man problems (chronic back pain, arthritis from old sports injuries). I've met retired pro athletes less beat up than myself.

I've been having a similar issue with one of my molars. Trying to save it, but I'm not sure that's going to happen. And while I'd love to get a replacement there for the inevitable extraction, the 2,000 dollar asking price is a bit to steep for me to pay for a tooth I don't really care to have.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• I still don't know how much the bridge to fill in the gap is going to cost. I have to wait until my dental coverage kicks in from work and then see how long the exclusionary period on prosthetics may be. I used to work for a dental insurance company and I don't like them after seeing first hand how they "maximize shareholder value".

Forum Terms of Use
                  the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Stan Lee is dead. Idont know how to process it well

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                      Stan Lee is dead. Idont know how to process it well
                      Just saw the news myself. I’ve never been much of a comic book fan, but he was a wonderfully talented and influential man, and he will be greatly missed.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• I've been collecting the marvel masterworks series for years now,he really did an one of a kind job in the sixties

Comment

• I hate that Stan Lee's dead and ALREADY there are assholes trying to sully his name with bullshit never-proven accusations.

Like, some people live to see others in misery and can't wait for someone to pass away before they can get on their fucking soap box.

Fuck those people.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• I hate when companies bow down to the demands of censorship from moral authoritarians, even if I don't like the company in question (and yes, it is censorship even if it's not the government doing it)

This recent news from Polygon just re-affirms my belief that both sides suck and that the Alt-Right and the PC Left should both have a Coke and a smile and shut the fuck up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post
                              I hate when companies bow down to the demands of censorship from moral authoritarians, even if I don't like the company in question (and yes, it is censorship even if it's not the government doing it)
                              It's not censorship if nothing's being censored, though. The book is still out the way it is and no one's changing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

It's not censorship if nothing's being censored, though. The book is still out the way it is and no one's changing that.

I know, but the fact that people are calling for censorship makes me roll my eyes.

Whatever happened to voting with your wallet and "Don't Like It, Don't Buy It"?

Comment

Working...
                                X