You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
    I have no idea when it's appropriate to assume or even ask if someone's actually my friend. I think it stems from me often not being able to recognize whether someone is just being nice to me or actually likes my company in most social situations. If they never use the word friend, I don't either and just wander away worrying about whether I missed a chance at a friendship or not.

Seriously, you, reading this: are we friends? If you haven't explicitly referred to me as such, I probably have no idea.
    We’re friends.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

We’re friends.
      Wow. Thanks (is gratitude weird here?) so much! That means a lot. I'd say I had no idea, but that might be very redundant. I've always found you kind and likeable enough to want to be friends, but I'd thought I came off as odd or annoying and I didn't want to bother you.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
      - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
      (She/Her)

Comment

• Um... not to be a downer, but because I appreciate the difficulties of figuring out these sorts of things IRL let alone online. I don't think we're friends. Mostly because we don't really talk to each other much so it's hard to think we have that sort of closeness.

I do, however, really appreciate your contributions to the forums and I'm glad to see you posting when I do.

I hate how socially awkward all this can be (ha, on topic!), but I'm happy if this can help you calibrate around all the unspoken rules most people fall into.

Comment

Wow. Thanks (is gratitude weird here?) so much! That means a lot. I'd say I had no idea, but that might be very redundant. I've always found you kind and likeable enough to want to be friends, but I'd thought I came off as odd or annoying and I didn't want to bother you.
          No, you’re definitely not annoying at all, in fact I’ve always thought you were extremely considerate. I tend to be pretty aloof and distant, even with my friends, so I don’t blame you at all for not being sure. But yeah, I’ve thought you were pretty cool since before that Masquerade game we started to play on Skype, which is why I was quick to take the opportunity to join, and even though it didn’t end up working out, you were very kind about it. You invited me to your wider Skype social group, which I appreciated even if that kind of thing is too social for me to want to participate in. And you always respected that I preferred to maintain that distance, which I also really appreciated*. I’ve considered you a friend since around that time.

*This makes me sound like a cat, doesn’t it?

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

I have no idea when it's appropriate to assume or even ask if someone's actually my friend. I think it stems from me often not being able to recognize whether someone is just being nice to me or actually likes my company in most social situations. If they never use the word friend, I don't either and just wander away worrying about whether I missed a chance at a friendship or not.

Seriously, you, reading this: are we friends? If you haven't explicitly referred to me as such, I probably have no idea.
            I mean, we're not great friends, but you'd definitely have a spot on my couch if you need to crash in Fort Collins, yeah.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
            Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

I've called you a friend a lot, so I'd guess things are clear between us, but it bears repeating: You're my best friend and I think the world of you. I love spending time with you and wish we could do so more often.
              I totally get this sentiment, though; I feel a lot of ambiguity about who's really my friend and tend to assume I just push away people around me. But you're definitely my friend.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

• Fucked-up dreams. I dreamt that I said something really hurtful to someone I hold very close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

*This makes me sound like a cat, doesn’t it?
                  I'm glad I don't come off as the weird goblin I always assume I do. You've always been very cool to me, and kind. Still wish that Masquerade game had worked out, but I'm genuinely touched that you appreciated the Skype invite. It's nice to know I can call you a friend.

* And yes, it totally does. :3

ArcaneArts Whoa. Didn't expect you to respond (I honestly expected no replies). You've always been been someone whose opinion I value on creative subjects. I'll sometimes log in when I see a new post from you just in case it's super insightful, which they often are. I'd no clue you even noticed me much, so your show of goodwill is like finding out that I'm welcome to go grab a pizza with Christopher Walken. Surprising and cool, i mean, not greasy and full of me using too many movie quotes.

Heavy Arms Same, really. I do usually camp on your side of a game argument, though, but that's because you usually make some really valid points. Keep posting. I'll keep reading.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                  (She/Her)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post
                    Hello. We've been friends for years! You should give me lots of hugs and french fries, because we've the bestest friendship ever. Send nudes?
                    Yes we have, and of course. You've earned it. ♡

(She/Her)

Comment

• Recent events have reminded my how much I hate the current Dark Pack fan rules (which.... who knows what will happen to them with changes at Paradox) for being uselessly vague and overly specific at the same time.

I'm also still figuring out how I feel about a designer who's work I respect simultaneously spending most of December trying to make ends meet by getting people to donate to a GoFundMe, and most of the month working on a project he literally cannot profit from. And if nWW/Paradox sues him... even if he has the stronger case, how does he financially survive the cost of getting sued for it over focusing on his own original material (or at least material with enough of the serial numbers filed off they'd never bother to sue).

Comment

• I hate every single part of DrivethruRPG's interface

I FUCKING HATE IT

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• I kind of feel like I’m working my way through my hole in Amigara Fault.

I have this annual writing/directing gig I do with a local library district. I’ve been working with them for... must be like 10 years now, first as an actor, but ver time, I’ve successfully carved a niche for myself as their go-to writer and director. Which was great for a time, but I’m no longer enjoying the work, and I’ve maneuvered my way into such a central role for them, I don’t know if the project would be able to keep going without me. I mean, it probably would, but they’d need to do some pretty significant restructuring, as well as re-negotiating the budget and everything. There are a lot of people with a lot of money bound up in this, not to mention the kids we do the program for that I feel trapped in hole I dug for myself. On the one end it looked like the perfect fit for me, but now that it’s starting to twist and distort, I realize it’s too tight a fit for me to go back the other way.

Comment

• That Jeff Bezos will take in more money in the time it takes for him to consciously decide to hold in a fart until the room empties, than I'll earn in my entire life.

Comment

• Echo chambers.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• All the work crowdfunding involves.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X