No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the fact that just when I think the leaders of my state's government can't get any more despicable, I am consistently proven wrong.

Comment

• So, are you talking about the governor and his racist past, the police chief with racist affiliations who protected him, or the attorney-general and his racist past?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        So, are you talking about the governor and his racist past, the police chief with racist affiliations who protected him, or the attorney-general and his racist past?

All of the above.

Comment

• Meanwhile, in Glendale, Arizona, a police officer tasered a man eleven times in front of his wife and kids, including pulling down his pants to taser him in the nether regions.

​He got suspended for thirty hours, with pay.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-09-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            Meanwhile, in Glendale, Arizona, a police officer tasered a man eleven times in front of his wife and kids, including pulling down his pants to taser him in the nether regions.

​He got suspended for thirty hours, with pay.

Good Lord, that is horrible.

I'd expect that shit happening in the Soviet Union, North Korea, Fascist Italy, Pinochet's Chile, or some other totalitarian shithole, but not in a country where people are supposed to have civil liberties and are entitled to due process.

Cops really need to be properly held accountable for their actions.
            Last edited by Camilla; 02-09-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• I feel thoroughly unsatisfied with everything. I hate being in this constant state of low-level boredom.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• That creeps manage to survive in society by presenting as outwardly funny, quirky, and kind when in actuality they are horrible and manipulative abusers. My blood boils when I find out people have had to bottle the suffering the hands of others have inflicted on them for so long just to survive. Yet here we are, once again. I can only hope that reckoning is coming.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Utah's governor is cutting tens of thousands out of the healthcare expansion that they voted for.

Comment

• Mod Edit: Please, if someone violates the rules in a private message or profile comment, report it to the mods. Do not publicly engage, as this is only likely to escalate the conflict. I have made note of the offending comment and the mod team will take steps to deal with the situation ASAP.
                    Last edited by Charlaquin; 02-13-2019, 06:58 PM.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                    - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                    (She/Her)

Comment

• Maris is actually the only person who I've added to my block list without actually engaging with him. He does not seem worth the effort.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• I am not good at designing character sheets. This has never been an issue before. Change is scary. Scary is good.

I really suck at designing character sheets.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                        - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                        (She/Her)

Comment

• This is a disheartening piece of news, but I believe that we on these Forums have a responsibility to know it:

https://twitter.com/CheyenneRGrimes/*

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Teatime View Post
                            This is a disheartening piece of news, but I believe that we on these Forums have a responsibility to know it:

https://twitter.com/CheyenneRGrimes/*
                            Can I just say I never really liked that guy(the person mentioned, not the tweeter) and is one of the reasons I don't like Beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
                              Can I just say I never really liked that guy(the person mentioned, not the tweeter) and is one of the reasons I don't like Beast.

Agreed.

In addition to Beast: The Primordial being a very bad game on its own, the main creator of it was an utterly despicable human being who not only had detestable views on a lot of things, but more importantly committed horrifying abuses towards innocent people, some of whom were minors.

My thoughts on separating a work from its author aside, I would never purchase Beast because the guy who created it was a complete monster who did seriously vile crimes

(And even if he didn't do anything criminal, I still wouldn't buy Beast because it's a shitty game and the guy was an asshole even without his despicable acts taken into account)
                              Last edited by Camilla; 02-15-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• I hate most criticism of Beast as a game because 99.9% of complaints about the text are base around putting 1% of what it says out of context.

And yes, I'll call you out specifically Camilla, because you have spent far too many posts complaining about how unsupportive people are of you playing the games you want to play, slagging a game as "shitty" is fairly hypocritical.

That said, if you're going to hate a game-line because Matt was involved in it significantly you have a lot more hate to go around. Though according to multiple people of the 11 on the cover of the book, despite Matt being the developer, the creative process was far more collaborative; one of them citing this as a bad thing and why the core book performed as poorly as it did, and the other just to point out that odds are if there's something in the book that you particularly don't like Matt didn't write it.

If people want to avoid games Matt worked on? Go for it, but be honest with yourselves, look at all the books he's actually worked on, and cut them all out of your rotation (you might not like the end results, but oh well). Singling out Beast doesn't do anything; esp. since Matt's already been blackballed by Onyx Path and not buying the newer Beast books is just harming the writers still around, and Matt doesn't make money off of sales because that's not how the traditional RPG freelancer paradigm works.

Using Matt to attack Beast, and then going to play some other WoD/CofD game he worked on doesn't really say, "I'm trying to use my gaming choices responsibly."
                                Last edited by Heavy Arms; 02-15-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X