Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Man, who knew winning a contest could be so stressful?

    So back at the end of January I ended up winning a contest for a trip to Tokyo due to my rampant love of Kingdom Hearts(specifically, it was the Share Your Heart Out sweepstakes they ran), and on the whole, that's actually damn cool. But man, first it was during editting weekend for Memento Mori, and it was for two people, and I spent two days trying to figure out who to take with me, then after that was done, I had to rush the paper work in and that somehow managed to go right to the last minute of stress, and then I've been waiting to find out if we can decide our own time so that we could make decisions.

    AND THEN We find out today we can decide when to go, and my and my crew want to hit it up during cherry blossom season, but thanks to car issues, I don't have money to pay for my passport, and if we're gonna hit that season, I've reasonably gotta find $175 in the next two days, and I am scratching at my brain trying to figure out how to make that happen, and blegh.

    Going'll be cool. Figuring out how to make it work is a pain.


    Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      Man, who knew winning a contest could be so stressful?

      So back at the end of January I ended up winning a contest for a trip to Tokyo due to my rampant love of Kingdom Hearts(specifically, it was the Share Your Heart Out sweepstakes they ran), and on the whole, that's actually damn cool. But man, first it was during editting weekend for Memento Mori, and it was for two people, and I spent two days trying to figure out who to take with me, then after that was done, I had to rush the paper work in and that somehow managed to go right to the last minute of stress, and then I've been waiting to find out if we can decide our own time so that we could make decisions.

      AND THEN We find out today we can decide when to go, and my and my crew want to hit it up during cherry blossom season, but thanks to car issues, I don't have money to pay for my passport, and if we're gonna hit that season, I've reasonably gotta find $175 in the next two days, and I am scratching at my brain trying to figure out how to make that happen, and blegh.

      Going'll be cool. Figuring out how to make it work is a pain.

      Charge it.


      The Final Frontier

      Comment


      • After a year and a half of running smoothly and silently, my computer has developed an irritating habit where the CPU fan will randomly spin up for 2-3 seconds before stopping, over and over again, constantly, no matter what I am doing or whether I am doing anything at all. It doesn't seem related to CPU usage, heat, or dust, nor have I made any recent changes to the background programs, and none of the solutions I have looked up seem to work due to one exception or another.

        I am sick to fucking death of hearing this thing malfunction with no fix in sight.
        Last edited by Cielle; 02-19-2019, 12:56 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post


          Charge it.
          Not particularly useful.


          Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
            Not particularly useful.

            Okay. Well, good luck.


            The Final Frontier

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post


              Okay. Well, good luck.
              Thanks man.


              Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Cielle View Post
                After a year and a half of running smoothly and silently, my computer has developed an irritating habit where the CPU fan will randomly spin up for 2-3 seconds before stopping, over and over again, constantly, no matter what I am doing or whether I am doing anything at all. It doesn't seem related to CPU usage, heat, or dust, nor have I made any recent changes to the background programs, and none of the solutions I have looked up seem to work due to one exception or another.

                I am sick to fucking death of hearing this thing malfunction with no fix in sight.

                Prolly just the axel, not too unusual for a fan to go out while everything else is still good for years.

                Dunno the cost, but it's an easy fix to do yourself or maybe a friend vs a shop

                Comment


                • I am rapidly tiring of dudes (and it is pretty much always dudes) who proclaim "innocent until proven guilty" when a company decides to cut with someone awful. That is particularly heightened today (obviously) but it has been coming out of the woodwork all week in the RPG community.


                  Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

                  CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

                  Comment


                  • Wrong thread. NVM.


                    SWTOR Referal: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQ2nqy

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Willowfang View Post


                      Prolly just the axel, not too unusual for a fan to go out while everything else is still good for years.

                      Dunno the cost, but it's an easy fix to do yourself or maybe a friend vs a shop
                      For now I managed to find a third-party program to control the fan, so it's running in a quiet and sane pattern. Thank you very much for the suggestion though, I'll keep it in mind.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        I am rapidly tiring of dudes (and it is pretty much always dudes) who proclaim "innocent until proven guilty" when a company decides to cut with someone awful. That is particularly heightened today (obviously) but it has been coming out of the woodwork all week in the RPG community.
                        Re-posting this just so it's known why people aren't abiding by "innocent until proven guilty":

                        Ok, let me be even more direct in what other people have already said:

                        The reason victims aren't going to the law first is because the law is a dead end.

                        The justice system as is wasn't really built to accommodate the unique circumstances that comes from sexual assault crimes that most other crimes don't account for, and not even necessarily because the court gives the accused a pass:
                        • Testimonies can't be given by victims due to how traumatic incidents can affect memory, fear of societal shaming for testifying, AND be retraumatizing for the victim to recall the events...while doing it in front of several strangers (police officers, judges, jury, etc)
                        • The statue of limitations being a thing where, even if the victim IS ready to testify, too much time has past and the court legally cannot reopen the case.
                        • Gathering of evidence could be considered invasive if it involves gather body samples and thus not wanting to go through with giving their permission on their end.
                        Calling out on social media is the only space that people feel comfortable with doing this sort of thing due to the Internet providing a...better...barrier of anonymity to at least slow down any potential harassment. And instead relying on the companies that hire the accused to make the final decision themselves instead of the law institutions. Which even then, it doesn't guarantee results that people want.

                        The "trust victims" mantra and people favoring "the court of public opinion" over the "court of law" isn't JUST a sign of solidarity. It's the only thing they have.

                        It's not that the law won't help them. It's because they CAN'T help them.
                        Last edited by tasti man LH; 02-20-2019, 04:07 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                          It's not that the law won't help them. It's because they CAN'T help them.
                          Unfortunately, that is very, very true.


                          Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

                          CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

                          Comment


                          • Calling out on social media is the only space that people feel comfortable with doing this sort of thing due to the Internet providing a...better...barrier of anonymity to at least slow down any potential harassment.
                            Online anonymity and social media help prevent harassment, eh? That's a new one.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cielle View Post
                              Online anonymity and social media help prevent harassment, eh? That's a new one.
                              More like it's relatively not-as-bad versus the pre-internet days where victims had to suffer in silence with a media machine that didn't care what they had to say.

                              EDIT: And now I have the gall of being told "neurologists don't believe that trauma can affect memory". Really now?
                              Last edited by tasti man LH; 02-20-2019, 10:07 PM.

                              Comment


                              • I feel a lot of anxiety about oncoming university stuff and it's sending me into a bit of a spiral, at the worst possible time.

                                I hate that.

                                I hate being so weak.

                                I hate my body, my mind and my personality.

                                My therapist told me a few to write down three things I like about myself every day, but on the few days that I've found the time to do so, I haven't been able to find anything that I felt confident enough about to write down.


                                Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X