• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
    What is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
      I general low key hatred of horrible things people do that are illegal, condemned as evil acts, and so on by general society, continue because we as a society refuse to change the way we enforce the law to actually get justice, is currently in high ragey frustration because there's jack all I can do as a solo individual.

What you can do as an individual is find like-minded individuals and collectively persuade other people to join you. Then you convince them to convince other people, always using data to update your approach. That is how successful movements start. Yes, that is also how unsuccessful movements start, but it's the only way to start without the inherent advantage of oodles of money. Individuals do not have a lot of power, but they can provide a sort of personal touch that radiates an aura of authenticity. Collective organization is essential.

EDIT: *sincerity mode* By all means, you have the right to call me an asshole if you have heard this all before.
      Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 04-23-2019, 02:18 PM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• You're not an asshole, it's important to say even if I've heard it and do what I can to live it already.

To be a bit more clear: A few different society failures at curbing horrible behavior struck multiple people in my social circles in a very short amount of time. Right now, I'm doing what I can to be a good friend/ally for a handful of people who are all having unrelated extremely shitty times, without forgetting to take care of myself so I don't burn out on any of them when they need their social support systems the most. If you're reading between the lines as much as I'd hope, you can understand why I'm not being specific.

This is just a space I know none of them frequent, so it's a place I can vent without them seeing, so they don't feel worse.

Comment

• Understood completely.

Comment

• I feel like a rat jumping a sinking a ship to swim to a ship being battered by the same storm

(My community college paper seems to be dying and i am going to a better school come the fall but the state of journalism in general is shitty right now and it looks like my current paper on a macroscopic scale)

Comment

• I hate that i don't have the ability to stop giving two shots about anything. If I was smart, i would just become an accountant for some rich douchebag or keep working for my parents

Comment

• When I saw the Wire I came away with it with a good word. Shitbird. Like, a bird that's covered with shit, and so it flaps around wildly and sends shit all over the place.

It seems like there's a lot of shitbirds these days and, worse, they seem to get their jollies being shitbirds. The public school system in my country really seems to suck for a variety of reasons, but one of the huge letdowns is not teaching things like basic human decency. I'm sure it's not in any curriculum because people would complain that teachers, schools, and in turn the government shouldn't be teaching morality (and yeah, there's points for that) but it doesn't seem like a lot of parents are interested in doing it either.

And of course there's never exactly a deficit of well off and older people who enjoy being shitbirds just because they can so it's not like the problem would be eliminated even if you had a method to teach the young well.

Comment

• I'd hate more on the parents there. No matter how good your school system is, teaching is limited by parental figure investment. Kids without parental investment struggle to learn anything, and morality is something schools will never really impart if kids don't see it outside of school; otherwise they don't pick up on common decency, they just learn "school" decency and realize it only matters while they're in the building.

Comment

• I hate that I can't tell y'all what I hate in this specific instance. Not because it's against the rules, but for another reason.
                    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-25-2019, 03:08 AM.

Comment

• "I answered the question asked" and "What did you think was going to happen here?" should not be frequent phrases.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• If my lungs could stop feeling like they are dying, that would be great.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• What condition do you have, if you doing mind me asking? Oxygen can help if you need to retrain the accessory muscles in your neck and chest not to strangle you every time you took a breath. A brief course of prednisone can kill chronic pain, if that's also an issue. Chronic weakness is a bit iffy, though there are lung exercises that may help.

Comment

• Its viral bronchitis. The infection has been gone for like a month, but the symptoms are still sticking around. Even though it is taking its sweet time ending, this is thankfully an acute issue, not a chronic one. Doc says I just have to be patient and a bit lucky.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Borrow someone's pulse oxometer -- one of these -- and keep track of your blood oxygen. The screen labeled %Sp02 is the amount of oxygen in your blood, PRbpm is your pulse rate. Normal blood oxygen is 95% to 99%. If it drops and stays below that, go back to the emergency room or urgent care, whichever one's closer. If you have a build up of phlegm (mucus) in your lungs and that's not going away, even with your blood oxygen is normal, go to urgent care. Do you have a nebulizer? This?

Comment

• The world is looking more and more like Shadowrun, and not in a good way. The Supreme Court basically just ruled that workers couldn't file lawsuit against their employers for wage theft; they have to go through arbitration instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X