No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am glad that this is the last season of GOT because the writing has just gotten worse and worse every season. I know the GRRM stuff wasn't the best written stuff but it is leaps and bounds better then the writing in the last two episodes (at least when it comes to the military stuff.)

Comment

• Christ, I want people to put an Avatar on their account.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• I feel torn apart politically. I know the quick easy solutio to the poverty problem is to just take money from. Billionaires. But at the same time i can't help but think it's theft. It doesnt matter the billionaires are not going to actually miss the money,they have enough. Taking sonething that isnt yours by force is wrong,always.

Comment

• Just increase the taxes on them,taxations are not theft. Tgat should solve it the problem.

Comment

• I once heard the rich have to be taxed strongly for the same reason the first in line in a Mario Kart race doesn't get any boosters. But,to extend the metaphor, it's not their fault they're first in line and the others are behind them. Its not the rich's person fault some people are poor,why should one be forced to give away what he earnes to others if its not his fault?
            Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 05-10-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• One point is the wealthy are where they are because they've taken a lot of advantage of the opportunities and resources the government gives to people. For instance if I own a fleet of vehicles that deliver goods across the United States, I'm using the roads a lot more than Sammy, who takes public transportation to get to work and school and back home.

Yet proportionately, Sammy gets more of his money taken away. And so the road system remains underfunded because they're just taking money from people like Sammy.

Comment

• What does fault have to do with it?

It's not Mario Kart because it's not a random assignment by a computer.

They're ridiculously wealthy because of the work the rest of us do, and the money the rest of us spend. Their wealth is built on the public roads used to transport their companies' goods, and the labor of the drivers and workers that make those goods have economic value. The natural resources they use are ones they have no more right to than anyone else, but get to profit from the most.

We don't need them. They need us and the system we make up. If they want that system that makes them so rich to continue, they should invest in it. Taxes are economically the best way to achieve that.

Comment

• You guys do have good points. I just feel a bit iffy about it, because once a guy stole a lot of money from me at gunpoint. It was perhaps,the worst day of my life. Im just scares that this road may lead to do the same thing,i dont want to steal from anyone,rich or not.
                  Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 05-10-2019, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Everyone has to make a contribution to society to keep all the necessities of life working,asking the rich to give their fair share is not stealing.

Comment

• It's especially not comparable to robbing someone at gunpoint.

And even if it was, the wealthy can afford the comforts that make being robbed much easier on them, including therapy, vacations to foreign islands, hiring bodyguards, or throwing money at the police and local government until there's no chance a mugger is going to be found roaming around on their streets. The lower and middle classes cannot, and that loss of money from their wallet is going to have much more of an impact, as millionaires do not normally carry around millions in their wallets.

Comment

• I actually admire your sense of kindness Nick. Too many of us forget rich people are people,and not monsters. but people have to help too,people have duties to each other. Trust me on this strong taxes won't truly hurt them.
                        Last edited by WillOfTheD; 05-10-2019, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                          I once heard the rich have to be taxed strongly for the same reason the first in line in a Mario Kart race doesn't get any boosters. But,to extend the metaphor, it's not their fault they're first in line and the others are behind them. Its not the rich's person fault some people are poor,why should one be forced to give away what he earnes to others if its not his fault?
                          It's important to remember that a wealthy person didn't earn all of their money all on their own. A business owner, for example, makes money by running a business. He employs workers. Those workers were educated in public schools. They can eat food without worrying about dying from food poison thanks to the FDA. His workers can show up to work each morning thanks to the fact that they have clean water, which is tested by the government and because the government constructed highways to drive on. That business owner's businesses are protected by the police and if a fire breaks out at any building he owns, the fire department will come and protect it.

An individual person benefits from all of these things, but employers reap the benefits, not just on a personal level, but on a much larger scale, because the better educated and healthier his workers are, and the better job the government does protecting his assets, the more money he is able to make. Asking the business owner to pay a high proportion of his income to help pay for these things, which benefit him on a much greater scale than a poorer person is only reasonable.

Comment

• i feel less conflicted now,thanks

Comment

• I’d also like to point out that if they got taxed at a higher rate, they’d be going back to the way things used to be. Ronald Reagan and his ilk lowered taxes on the rich, and we’ve all been hurting ever since.

(Also, the average CEO used to only make about seven times what his entry-level employees did.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                                You guys do have good points. I just feel a bit iffy about it, because once a guy stole a lot of money from me at gunpoint. It was perhaps,the worst day of my life. Im just scares that this road may lead to do the same thing,i dont want to steal from anyone,rich or not.
                                If you’re so concerned about theft, consider the following: Imagine I am a business person, and my business sells chairs. You are a chair maker whom I employ. I buy raw materials (wood), and pay you to turn those raw materials into a product (a chair). By the process of your labor (carving that wood and assembling it into a chair), you increase the value of the product beyond that of the raw materials, so that I can sell the chair for more than I bought the wood for.

Now, as long as I pay you the amount your labor is worth, this is an equitable arrangement for everyone. But there’s no way I can make a profit here. As long as I am paying you what your labor is worth, I am only getting the cost of the materials back. The only way I can make a profit is by paying you less than the value of your labor and keeping the rest. I’m paying you $10 an hour to do $20 worth of work per hour, and keeping the other $10 for myself (and that’s a very generous amount, most employers don’t pay their employees nearly half the value of their work).

And sure, maybe you consented to discount me some amount of the value of your labor when you agreed to work for me and signed a contract stipulating the terms of your employment, but did you have a choice in the matter? Unless you have enough capitol to start your own business, and price your product competitively (which you almost certainly don’t if you don’t come from a family that has already accumulated a great deal of money through this process of stealing labor value), you have to work for someone to earn the money you need to put food on your plate and a roof over your head. In other words, you are, in a very literal sense, coerced by threat of death into selling your labor for less than it is worth to someone with enough capitol to make a profit for themselves off of it. Maybe you’re not being directly robbed at gunpoint, but you are definitely being stolen from by force.

So, how did I get in first place? I had a head start due to the circumstances of my birth (not my fault), and I utilized that advantage to take further advantage of people who were not born into such circumstances (very, very much my fault). Chipping in a little more to help find public works like roads is the absolute least I can do to give back to the folks whose labor I’m exploiting to get me into first place.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
                                X