You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Thinking on it now, I'm more reserved with that then I expected (mostly I just reference the development of the American Reich), buuuuuuut

We have a problem. Sugarcoating it doesn't help, and for me at least the only people bothered enough by the accusation tends to be people who don't like how close the comparison hits.

Otherwise and honestly, I blame all the people who were using "grammar nazi" and "feminazi" and the like before before the current cycle. Precedent was established for the abuse of the term, I figure people are just taking advantage of it now.
    Makes senss

Comment

• Seriously, 'point out a typo and you're a Nazi' didn't exactly put everyone on the back step.

It doesn't help that people are super angry at each other and taught that the louder you're angrier at someone the more right you are.

Comment

• I should clarify that I'm not necessarily against the overabundance of nazi accusation, though I understand the frustration. I'd rather more people called a Nazi on the (small) chance it makes the ones on the edge of it go "Fuck, am I really like that?" and pull back then not have it brought up at all.

But yeah, nazi has been an overused word for ages. At least it's now more generally aimed in a generally right direction-ish.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• We’re gonna go to war as a reelection stunt. Fuck this country.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
            We’re gonna go to war as a reelection stunt. Fuck this country.
            Strongly seconded.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Strongly seconded.

Thirded. Strongly.

The Final Frontier

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                We’re gonna go to war as a reelection stunt. Fuck this country.
                And no doubt half the world will end up dragged into it. Again.
                The anger seethes in my veins, spreading like a violent cancer. I used to believe nobody deserved death, but now I spend every night vividly fascinating about killing the people who would plunge the world into ecological collapse, tyranny and war. Whatever was left of my innocence is pretty much dead.
                Don't worry, though. I'm mostly just a danger to myself. It's not like I can get to any of the real scumbags who I think deserve to drown in their own blood.

Sometimes I think about suicide as a method of protest and political change. I think about standing outside the halls of power and opening my veins, carrying a note explaining why. It's not like it would make a difference, nobody who matters would care. The people in power want people like me to die, anyway, so I would just be doing them a favour.

These three years have made me into an empty shell of a human being and I just want it all to end. They have revealed to me just how ugly humanity can be and it's like it infects me, making me more hateful and violent, making me just as ugly.
                Last edited by Kleptomania; 01-05-2020, 02:45 AM.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post

And no doubt half the world will end up dragged into it. Again.
                  The anger seethes in my veins, spreading like a violent cancer. I used to believe nobody deserved death, but now I spend every night vividly fascinating about killing the people who would plunge the world into ecological collapse, tyranny and war. Whatever was left of my innocence is pretty much dead.
                  Don't worry, though. I'm mostly just a danger to myself. It's not like I can get to any of the real scumbags who I think deserve to drown in their own blood.

Sometimes I think about suicide as a method of protest and political change. I think about standing outside the halls of power and opening my veins, carrying a note explaining why. It's not like it would make a difference, nobody who matters would care. The people in power want people like me to die, anyway, so I would just be doing them a favour.

These three years have made me into an empty shell of a human being and I just want it all to end. They have revealed to me just how ugly humanity can be and it's like it infects me, making me more hateful and violent, making me just as ugly.
                  I suggest this half sarcastically:

Have you considered self-immolation? It's a bigger spectacle, and its not like buddhist monks aren't already doing it.

Comment

I should clarify that I'm not necessarily against the overabundance of nazi accusation, though I understand the frustration. I'd rather more people called a Nazi on the (small) chance it makes the ones on the edge of it go "Fuck, am I really like that?" and pull back then not have it brought up at all.

But yeah, nazi has been an overused word for ages. At least it's now more generally aimed in a generally right direction-ish.
                    It is really interesting that you didn’t see nearly as much protestation about the overuse of the label... Until we started having a serious nazi problem. Funny how these things work.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

Have you considered self-immolation? It's a bigger spectacle, and its not like buddhist monks aren't already doing it.
                      This is a really uncool thing to say to someone who has suicidal thoughts.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

This is beyond the pale. Please reflect on why this was a thoughtless response during your posting suspension.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                        Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• Gotta say, I've never felt more validated for putting someone on block list than I do right now.

Comment

• People who pat themselves on the back or take victory laps in general

Are you on the square?
                            Are you on the level?

Comment

• Starting off a new year withdrawing, from a medication I need and from the people I love. I'm in pain, and i can barely talk about it.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                              - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                              (She/Her)

Comment

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
                                Starting off a new year withdrawing, from a medication I need and from the people I love. I'm in pain, and i can barely talk about it.
                                I'm real sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X