No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well smoke em if you got em, the balloon just went up over the middle east.

Are you on the square?
    Are you on the level?

Comment

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
      Starting off a new year withdrawing, from a medication I need and from the people I love. I'm in pain, and i can barely talk about it.

Same. I'm off anti-depressants and I KNOW I need them but it's killing other aspects of my life, so hey...

The Final Frontier

Comment

• CollegeHumor's been gutted, I wasn't into it perhaps when I should have been but finding it a few years ago I really got into it. Hope they'll manage with what they have.

Also someone must have shut down some online haven for assholes cause they're popping up all over. I'm hating these "Gotcha" question traps, why ask what a book written years ago says if you're just going to argue with whoever did you the favor of giving you what you asked for?

Comment

• Financial woes; even if I ultimately didn't get evicted, it's still anxiety-inducing to even come close to it.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-09-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• I don't understand when it became okay for our 'leaders' to give up all attempts at even pretending to have basic human decency.
            The cynical side of me says it's always been this way, I'm just old enough to notice now.

The defiant side of me is screaming that, no, the leadership of the United States is absolutely populated with the worst types of human beings it ever has been in the history of the nation.

Both sides of me fucking hate it, and I can't stand the fact that my vote, and that of everyone I know, is essentially worthless because we don't live in flyover country, so we can do fuck-all to change it.
            Last edited by lnodiv; 01-09-2020, 06:55 PM. Reason: Clarifying because 'both sides' is prone to misinterpretation

Comment

• The guy who was caught illegally selling missiles to Iran being used as a mouthpiece to denounce Iran having weapons.

Comment

• That devotees of a tyrant seem capable of holding multiple contradictory ideas in their heads as long as it lets them support their Beloved Leader.

“Why, yes, that air strike was both pre-emptive and retaliatory!”

Comment

• Let me preface this by saying that I am not a fan of the LDS Church already for the way they treat their LGBT members. Among other reasons, but especially that reason.

That said, in this story I’m rooting for them - they notified the police when one of their members confessed to sexually abusing children, and now his wife is suing them over it. I hate the idea that this lawsuit might incentivize them (or other churches) away from doing the right thing in the future.
                  Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-16-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• I'm... mixed. Privileged communications are an important legal principle. Even if there's a good discussion to be had about how broadly secular society protects this specific form, breaking confidentiality like that could be abused to have the opposite effect of immunizing criminals by tainting all the evidence police might gather with an illegal communication as the main motivator of an investigation.

So, while the civil suit might play out either way, a much more important question is if the priest CYAed enough to ensure that the police can now actually do anything about this guy, or if investigating him for this is now legally impossible. Doing the best thing here is more complicated than reporting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                      So, while the civil suit might play out either way, a much more important question is if the priest CYAed enough to ensure that the police can now actually do anything about this guy, or if investigating him for this is now legally impossible. Doing the best thing here is more complicated than reporting.
                      Uh, no, dude, the guy's in prison for it. That's why his wife is suing.

Comment

• I wonder what the case is then... looking it up, she lives in a state where clergy are mandatory reporters of sex crimes involving children. The priest had to turn him in by law (which negates my concerns), but I'm not sure how you win a lawsuit against a mandatory reporter for... following the law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                          I wonder what the case is then... looking it up, she lives in a state where clergy are mandatory reporters of sex crimes involving children. The priest had to turn him in by law (which negates my concerns), but I'm not sure how you win a lawsuit against a mandatory reporter for... following the law.
                          you really don't which makes me think this was a hidden fundimentalist family.

Comment

• So, turns out Trump authorized killing the Iranian general seven months ago. Real “imminent threat,” there.

Comment

• The difficulty in trying to get a straight answer out of a person who knows their argument is indefensible.

Comment

• Well at least they're not hiding it. Still think angry folk could find better things to do than latch onto hateful creeds that linger despite being losing propositions.

Comment

Working...
                                X