You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profit-driven medical care.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
    - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
    (She/Her)

Comment

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
      Profit-driven medical care.
      For that matter, prophet-driven medical care ain't too great, either.

​"You have an ectopic pregnancy that will absolutely kill you absent this one specific procedure. But we're a Catholic hospital, so we can't even tell you about it or point you to a hospital that will save your life."

Comment

• Man I had a ton of problems with cavities as a kid and my dentist was a mean son of a bitch who blamed me when his hand slipped and gouged open my gums and I sat there coughing up blood. It taught me to do better, at least toothwise. Nothing wrong with them in decades but since Friday I've had this constant pain there, I can't tell if it's one tooth (probably preferable, maybe an old filling loosening) or several (root issues?) but the pain wasn't going away at all so I have an appointment tomorrow. So the pain, I hate the pain. At least it is (ideally) temporary, and so many people have it worse.

Comment

• Well, this is unfortunate. I'm going to go back to university on 21 February....

And really now, I'm probably going to fail something, again.

Comment

• My phone lying to me about my level of battery charge. It went from 40% to 10% in less than 25 minutes of light Internet browsing, down to 5% after another two minutes, and now it’s hovered at 1% for over ten.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              My phone lying to me about my level of battery charge. It went from 40% to 10% in less than 25 minutes of light Internet browsing, down to 5% after another two minutes, and now it’s hovered at 1% for over ten.
              Sounds like you need a new battery

Are you on the square?
              Are you on the level?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight View Post
                Sounds like you need a new battery
                To be fair, I've been needing that. It's just gotten ridiculous lately, is all.

Comment

To be fair, I've been needing that. It's just gotten ridiculous lately, is all.
                  Or get a portable charger.

Comment

My phone lying to me about my level of battery charge. It went from 40% to 10% in less than 25 minutes of light Internet browsing, down to 5% after another two minutes, and now it’s hovered at 1% for over ten.
                    Most UI lies to us about percentages because our brains are really bad at statistical analysis, so programmers tweak things to be more in line with what our brains expect those numbers to mean instead of what they actually mean. This is more of a thing in video games, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t also going on with things like battery charge percent displayed on our phones. Although in your case it does sound like your battery is just shot.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Being, literally, the lowest level of "management" possible - I'm the team leader of 10 people - and being expected to know what's going on in the executive boardroom beyond what they've told everyone.

Comment

• When someone you stopped talking to because of their toxic behavior sends you a message asking if your still friends while including the language that made you stop talking to them in the first place

Are you on the square?
                        Are you on the level?

Comment

• Richard Dawkins.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                            Richard Dawkins.
                            To elaborate, he just made a tweet supporting eugenics.

Comment

• That's about as horrible as I'd expect from him. It's not like we need context though. Sometimes I just remember how much I despise him even if I don't hold on to it long enough to get around to sharing.
                              Last edited by Heavy Arms; 02-17-2020, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X