No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The cure for brain freeze is a nice tall glass of water. Just drink some of that water and it'll melt the stuff causing the brain freeze.

Comment

• Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
      The cure for brain freeze is a nice tall glass of water. Just drink some of that water and it'll melt the stuff causing the brain freeze.
      A brain freeze is caused by the sudden constriction of blood vessels in the neck due to the cold, this in turn effects a nerve cluster behind the nose which causes the pain.

You've been playing around the magic that is black
      But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

• I know, but the water thing works.

Edit: Forgot to specify warm water.
        Last edited by Resplendent Fire; 11-19-2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• That Dr. Fauci has needed to have constant security for his family, because he's taken an evidence-based approach to handling a pandemic.

​Of course, as much sympathy as I've got for him, I'm still annoyed that he won't commit to making the COVID vaccine mandatory.

He/him

Comment

• In all fairness, enforcing a mandatory vaccine could be more trouble than investing resources in maximizing voluntary vaccinations (esp. making sure they're free) and encouraging local mandates. It's a lot easier for, say, a school to say, "your kid can't come back to in-person classes or participate in extra-curriculars until they're vaccinated," than it is for the federal government to force you to take one.

With the current data on transmission, COVID doesn't need the same level of vaccination in the general population as most standard childhood vaccines. ~75% vaccination should break COVID as a pandemic,and help isolate it to smaller areas so wider ranging resource can be uses to contain/treat/suppress it.

Of course, I hate worrying that once we have an effective vaccination program, that we're going to struggle to get 75% voluntary anyway. We can't hit that number with flu vaccines.

Comment

• My province had about 700 new cases a day less than a week ago. Today we are just shy of 1400 and neither our premier nor our health minister is anywhere to be seen.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• I hate the desire to start a Twitter account for the purposes of getting into fights with reactionary lunatics.

Without going into too much detail, I know that when a person brings up a perfectly reasonable quote made by a person from a minority group and appears to sincerely believe that proves the point they and their hordes have been making about how not only was this person awful and entitled but that their favourite Youtube personality's raging screed against them was just neutral reporting of the facts... I know that person can't be argued with rationally because they're literally not believing the evidence right before their own eyes.

But I do at times feel as though there's the obvious counterpoint to them that is not being made, and while I expect it's to the benefit of many people's mental health to not engage with such I am at times concerned that these people presenting unchallenged narratives affords them a capacity to lure in uninformed bystanders.

That and occasionally people give such idiotic takes with such confidence that there's a driving need to both point out how wrong they are and perverse fascination with seeing the gymnastics they'll undertake to try and double down.

You know, you see a person whinging about the statement of all art being political and selecting Danganronpa of all things being a refutation of that idea, and you just want to say "I'm sorry the literal text of that game was too subtle for you" after enunciating the exact and obvious political message of Danganronpa ("revelry in nihilistic despair and thinking that's an expression of superior intelligence will destroy the world, and needs to be opposed to dedication to hope maintained by cultivating positive relationships with others").

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• As much as I'll be glad to see Trump leaving the White House, I can't say I'm pleased to see Biden picking a person any other country would recognize as a war criminal to be the Director of National Intelligence.
                  Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 11-30-2020, 09:36 PM.

He/him

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    As much as I'll be glad to see Trump leaving the White House, I can't say I'm pleased to see Biden picking a person any other country would recognize as a war criminal to be the Director of National Intelligence.
                    who'd he grab?

You know what? I'm tired of all this. Forget what I said.

You know what I hate? not being able to concentrate for more than 10 minutes.

Comment

• People who don't want to formulate an argument, and so lie about those they disagree with, claiming perhaps that they didn't support their statements with citations or quotes, even though such people did in fact do this.

Pretty amazing that people can just go on the internet and type whatever nonsense they want and have a reasonable expectation that someone will believe them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
                        People who don't want to formulate an argument, and so lie about those they disagree with, claiming perhaps that they didn't support their statements with citations or quotes, even though such people did in fact do this.

Pretty amazing that people can just go on the internet and type whatever nonsense they want and have a reasonable expectation that someone will believe them.
                        Why bother trying to formulate an argument, especially when most people don't bother double checking or just ignore you when you make a good point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                          Why bother trying to formulate an argument, especially when most people don't bother double checking or just ignore you when you make a good point?
                          Because "most people" isn't "all people," and the alternative is letting the liar's vileness go unchallenged.

He/him

Comment

• I enjoy formulating a good argument. I don't enjoy when it becomes personal, and I admit I sometimes make it personally esp when I shouldn't so I'm not blameless.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                              Because "most people" isn't "all people," and the alternative is letting the liar's vileness go unchallenged.
                              You misunderstand. I don't mean the person arguing in good faith. I mean the other guy who's lying. Most people don't double check, and most people just agree with the thing if it's plausible and interesting enough. So yes, that's why they lie. Because they get away with it so much.

Comment

• I’m not talking about either interlocutor. These discussions often don’t go unseen, and it’s important to reach out to people.

He/him

Comment

Working...
                                X