You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimB View Post
    ...the GM can be counted on to show up forty-five minutes late for...
    BURN HIM AT THE STAKE!!

... and to not start for another hour because he needs to go stare at the clerk's tits at the gaming shop we play at...
    What is he? 13? come on!

then have at least four unannounced twenty-minute breaks while he stops the game to Facebook
    If you haven't stabed him by this point i salute your zen like tolerance

Don't worry, you'll find a better group

Comment

As a general rule, I hate it when people introduce me to other anime fans. This is because, by and large, I tend to really dislike anime fandom's culture-there's a lot of quirks, traits, and memes that are just annoying to basically be gift-wrapped in a person, and it's made worse when the individual is more or less buried in this plastic wrap bullshit that is the standard dress for persona-all the things that anime fans think is quirky and cute and crazy and weird and fun is all fucking lead to me.

It doesn't help help that I am an art snob and most anime fans shoot for...well, maybe not the bottom,but definitely a part of the middle I stopped looking at a long time ago.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

I hate when I'm kind of bored and just a little bit hungry so I get up from what I'm doing to look in the kitchen for food and nothing really catches my eye then like two minutes later I'm up again looking for food. It's cyclical and frustrating ;-;

!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          As a general rule, I hate it when people introduce me to other anime fans. This is because, by and large, I tend to really dislike anime fandom's culture-there's a lot of quirks, traits, and memes that are just annoying to basically be gift-wrapped in a person, and it's made worse when the individual is more or less buried in this plastic wrap bullshit that is the standard dress for persona-all the things that anime fans think is quirky and cute and crazy and weird and fun is all fucking lead to me.

It doesn't help help that I am an art snob and most anime fans shoot for...well, maybe not the bottom,but definitely a part of the middle I stopped looking at a long time ago.
          I don't think you can even understand how terrible this truly is. I hate when someone introduces themselves as an anime fan. I always ask what their favorite shows are and what they are watching this season. if they name naruto, dbz, full metal alchemist or any other cartoon network show I basically just tune them out. Most of the time they don't even realize that anime airs in seasons. I'm just beyond most of these people. I probably sound very full of myself but I'm at about 560 shows watched now. most of these people have less than a hundred. Its just frustrating to be lumped in with people like this.

pls respont

Comment

I don't consider mass-anime viewing to be the standard to hold to people to, but believe me-I've been introduced to enough people "I'll just absolutely love" who have no idea what I'm talking about or why I would hate or dislike [insert anime here] to understand how terrible it is.

Remember, I stopped being an anime fan for a long time BECAUSE of other anime fans.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

its really about exposure. Typically if you've seen less than 100 shows you don't really have much input or real direction with what you like. You grab up what people tell you to watch, check out random things here and there. After about 200 or so you know exactly what you like, have seen all the essential shows and can hold a conversation about shows other than those on cartoon network. Typically when you get into the higher amounts of completed shows you truly know what you want, where to get it, how to get it and can hold a conversation and be very knowledgeable.

pls respont

Comment

..I hate having a stuffy nose. >.< Stupid weather change...

Got an angel on the left hand and a devil on the right
                She's gonna raise a little hell up in heaven tonight---Vixen
                When you say it's all divine and meant to be
                What about your flesh and blood and defiers like me?---Avantasia

Comment

Hmm, maybe. I've watched a fair bit of anime in my life, but I don't think I've seen over a hundred, but I don't think most people would assume that I don't know what I like or that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Plus to watch over 200 anime can mean watching a lot of crap, or at least mediocre stuff. I'd rather be more selective-I have a good eye and ear for things(these days).

Comment

Originally posted by cerealkiller View Post
                    A lot of people changed their names with the forum change. I don't like that.

Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

http://northernfoxgames.com/

Comment

Being sick and light headed.

Forever and always forward.
                      Don't ask why that came to mind or that I felt the need to post it.
                      I see the incorporeally challenged.

Comment

Charity people calling us as if we got the funds to donate to them and not STFU when we try to explain...

Bipolar vampire...can't decide to feast for fun or for rage...

Comment

Originally posted by The Revenge of TV Head View Post
                          New forum, new rules
                          2. Respect the conversation. Don’t try to incite others to break the rules, or distract from the subject at hand. This includes threadcrapping, the posting of short messages or images which add nothing to a thread and serve only to express a user’s displeasure with it.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                          Read the rules

This is my mod voice.
                          This is not my mod voice.

Comment

You know what I hate?

I've been following the talk of mega threads closely. It's an interest near to my heart. These forums--or, more accurately, the forums most of us come from--are pretty much the only means of expression I have, and I've been accustomed to being able to say whatever's on my mind. Sometime it's a matter of self-defense, treating these forums like a pressure valve to let a little bit of steam off before things build up too much, but most of the time it's just a place where I can put something out there that I think will be interesting or useful to the people in my life.

There are currently at least indications that I am wrong to do so, that I have always been wrong to do so, that I have been misusing the very concept of a forum for a very long time, that what I want a forum to be for is not what it is actually for. That's not what I hate, though. This site is privately owned and operated, and its owners or at least those to whom the owners have delegated this power have an absolute and unshakable right to declare what is okay to say and do here. I do not begrudge them for setting rules I would not have set myself.

What I hate is that I am trying very hard to think right now, to figure out if I still have a place in this community or not, to figure out if this is still my home or if I'm homeless, but I can't think about anything because I'm almost consumed by despair at the dreadful certainty that this is it for me, the beginning of the end, that I should just take my burdensome and unwelcome self offline for the good of those who will come after me.

(I'm also not terribly fond of the self-pitying martyrdom is in that final paragraph, but fuck off if you don't like it, I'm messed up right now and need to get that fear out in the open where I can deal with it later.)

Comment

I hate that you feel like that.

Not that it probably matters but I have found your posts at the very least entertaining and the very most some of the greatest food for thought I ever got, so...

... I still don't, but I would hate that you left or stoped acting as you always had.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
                                I hate that you feel like that.
                                Thanks.

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
                                Not that it probably matters, but I have found your posts at the very least entertaining and the very most some of the greatest food for thought I ever got, so...
                                Thanks. I was okay, sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X