No announcement yet.

You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the very notion that our now trumpist-infected Supreme Court is even considering walking back on various progressive decisions made over the last decade. I am nauseated by the fact of conservative debt-ceiling guardians quibbling over infrastructure costs when they landed us in a 20 year waste of a war that cost billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

Comment

• Marvel cinematic universe
      Pastels
      Bronies.
      People who use literally when they're speaking figuratively.
      My deadbeat cousin.
      People who think indie prog rock is smarter than other genres.
      Gm's and authors who put their weird fetishes into games
      Rpgnet
      Rpgpundit
      The way my long hair gets tangled and is slowly turning from red to brown.
      Theodosius the great.
      The way all the bakeries have been bought out by Greg's.
      The duolingo owl.
      Last edited by Ragged Robin; 10-09-2021, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• So at the risk of starting a conversation no one wants-

I hate how the current state of affairs has rendered Star Wars completely unfun to talk about.

It doesn't matter if I disagree or kind of agree with someone about something in regards to Star Wars, click bait hot topic issue or not, the vitriol that's entered into Star Wars since the Phantom Menace and has gotten exacerbated up to now means that I can't a conversation about any facet of it without that vitriol seeping in, and it's been at that point now that even in private and secure places, I don't like talking about Star Wars, because just thinking about it brings up memories of completely frothing-at-the-mouth hatred and that's not fun to think about. I kind of don't care that I've enjoyed Mandalorian or Visions or gained new appreciation for all the movies recently , because that bile has so thoroughly come define the emotional backdrop of thinking about Star Wars.

Like, I was never really that hardcore a Star Wars fan. It's a thing I used to enjoy whenever it came up, and I was glad to have a shared cultural touchstone, but even before this feeling set it, I kind of knew if I never got into anything Star Wars again, I'd be okay with that.

But now I'm in the same place, but because it's become polluted this way, not because of my own feelings on the subject.

ANd I hate that that's happened.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• I think it got to everything, not just Star Wars. I'm not sure how much of it actually was there since always and we just didn't noticed, or how much it comes from the freedom of speech granted by the internet. But it is everywhere.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
          #AutismPride
          She/her pronouns

Comment

• Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
            I think it got to everything, not just Star Wars. I'm not sure how much of it actually was there since always and we just didn't noticed, or how much it comes from the freedom of speech granted by the internet. But it is everywhere.
            It's definitely not everything, at least on my side. I still enjoy a lot of topics, even if there's more to them now (heck, I actually tend to enjoy that more in most cases).

But definitely some things got dragged into the mucky muk, and may take a lot of time to recover, if ever.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
            Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

• The trick is to disengage emotionally from other people's views online. I have a pretty.... solophistic attitude online so the moment i actually feel a negative emotion in dialogue I walk away. Star wars fandoms actually pretty tame compared to some of the ones out there once you've been called a "scouse whore" in a pub on Sat night for your football shirt and you end up having a fight outside everything else is pretty tame.
              Last edited by Ragged Robin; 10-08-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragged Robin View Post
                Marvel cinematic universe
                When everybody's super, nobody is. The heroes are invincible - oh, the suspense!

He/Him... I just Love Witches.

Comment

• Originally posted by HorizonParty2021 View Post

When everybody's super, nobody is. The heroes are invincible - oh, the suspense!

They should have called it a day when they killed the purple guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragged Robin View Post
                    They should have called it a day when they killed the purple guy.
                    They've been mostly recycling old comics with even less "screen time", so shortening a medium made of short stories.

I'm not sure if they really paid that many sites to gawk at Wanda Vision pretending to not know already how it ends, or if there is really that many people discussing the MCU while refusing to be "tainted by comics".

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                    #AutismPride
                    She/her pronouns

Comment

They've been mostly recycling old comics with even less "screen time", so shortening a medium made of short stories.

I'm not sure if they really paid that many sites to gawk at Wanda Vision pretending to not know already how it ends, or if there is really that many people discussing the MCU while refusing to be "tainted by comics".
                      My interest in marvel died when Spider man divorced his wife in the name of satan, their's a fundamental issue that they are unwilling to truly develop the universe.

Comment

• I'm not sure what the much hated One More Day story has to do with the MCU. Though to be fair to the justifiably least popular Spider-man arc ever, Peter and MJ mutually agreed to let the devil take their marriage to save Aunt May's life... that's not exactly "divorced his wife in the name of Satan." And hilariously the whole point was to open up the comics for better development of the universe by taking away what had become the new calcified status quo for Spider-man.

The MCU has, so far, done what Marvel and DC have both utterly refused to do in the comics: let main character die off for good. It helps that actors don't want to be stuck in the same massive high budget movies forever. They're developing the MCU more deeply, and letting different characters take center stage while phasing older ones out. It's the opposite of the comic's and the incessant and unending resets, cross-over events, and refusal to try to build up new characters while clinging to failing sales of the old standbys.

Like... why should the MCU stop when the comics are the medium that they can't figure out (despite starting as comics...) in the current cultural climate? It's not like comics are dead as a medium, Marvel and DC both guilty of poisoning their own well with insipidly dumb business practices that have repeatedly undercut the art and artists responsible for their profits, and turned fans off time and time again. Meanwhile the MCU is a cultural juggernaut.

Comment

• Yes I was being tongue in cheek and snarky obviously, one more day is more complex than that.....and somehow far far dumber.
                          Frankly my overt distaste for the films comes from a very different place from my bored indifference to the comics. I have no doubt the wheel will keep turning unfortunately. But the thread is "What I hate." Which is emotive rather than logical.
                          Last edited by Ragged Robin; 10-10-2021, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I think it got to everything, not just Star Wars. I'm not sure how much of it actually was there since always and we just didn't noticed, or how much it comes from the freedom of speech granted by the internet. But it is everywhere.
                            The issue predates the internet as we know it. This is nothing but a reflection of the tribalistic nature of the creatures you now call people. It isn’t enough for them to simply have and opinion of their own, they have to make that opinion ascendant over all others. This is because every single aspect of their lives is dominated by needless competition, and they are all too childishly insecure to believe that differences between themselves can be anything but a threat. Fandoms are basically “clans” or “tribes” of today, and they consider their loyalty to be paramount over all else (see trumpeters, theocrats, ANY other political party). It should give you an idea of how crushingly mundane the lives of these people are that they can raise such a problem over something so trivial.

Comment

• someone said a post i made on social media was cringe today,such a silly thing but my feelings were hurt

Comment

• nevermind... too political,i'll talk with a old friend instead of putting it here,it will save everybdoy a lot of stress
                                Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 10-14-2021, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X