You Know What I Hate MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    nevermind... too political,i'll talk with a old friend instead of putting it here,it will save everybdoy a lot of stress
    I've read it and I don't think you should be ashamed of putting it here. I already did something like that above and I expect most people to agree that this is about feelings.

And feeling down with politics is normal. No matter our political thoughts, it is complicated. The whole problem is how much it is complicated.

My two cents: calm down and step out of political discourse for a time. Usually the best way to learn about an ideology is to ignore debate and study the books of that ideology, while the best way to understand actual politics is to look the history in detail and actually ignore ideologies for a time. And give yourself time. Practical problems matter the most and look for practical answers to them.

You can PM me if you want to talk about anything or ask anything, I'm a communist with zero sympathy for those dictators or any form of Autocracy.

Otherwise, you're not alone. We may never agree on the solutions we think will work, but in the end we're all in the same planet, sharing its problems and searching for an answer.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
    #AutismPride
    She/her pronouns

Comment

• Thank you Monteparnas

Comment

• ‚ÄčNicolas Milioni, if you haven't already heard of John Perkins, he's the author of, "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man".
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKC_mGB-ZFM

There's even a punk song about his story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVUINPFyq0o

It would be hard for someone to defend the global corporate empire in a debate if you know its dirty history of coercion and political assassination.

He/Him... I just Love Witches.

Comment

• Something that came up during the last TTRPG I played which we all mutually despised;

-Neophyte players who constantly assume that any party composition without the web-standardized Tank/Healer/DPS is automatically invalid. It's obvious they get this from playing too many MMOs.

-Players who cringe in terror from the prospect of a solo game as if being alone is an automatic death sentence. This also smacks of online play since being alone never bothered say... Link of the Legend of Zelda franchise.

-I'd mention something about the "Mercer effect" here, but there are already numerous youtube vids expounding on it better than I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post
            It's obvious they get this from playing too many MMOs.
            I wouldn't say that. There are very active and very preacher char-op communities out there that are just focused on RPGs, generally D&D and it's derivatives. A lot of adventure modules can be brutal without making sure you cover your bases, which tends to get the optimizations bug going all by itself; esp. with D&D style games and how fragile the PCs can be for the first few levels.

Just spending some time Googling about how to build a oood whatever Class you're taking can easily find you lots of sites tell you how to optimize both a PC and a a party.

I'm not even sure that by itself is really that much of a problem... its when those preconceptions get brought into games that don't work anything like that which tends to cause lots of pain for all involved.

Players who cringe in terror from the prospect of a solo game as if being alone is an automatic death sentence. This also smacks of online play since being alone never bothered say... Link of the Legend of Zelda franchise.
            The idea of characters splitting up = death is ingrained in pop culture from stuff that predates RPGs.

I'm not saying that this attitude is anything but aggravating, but most RPGs tell you their supposed to be for a group of people, not one player, which doesn't need online play to get players worried about solo play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post
              Something that came up during the last TTRPG I played which we all mutually despised;

-Neophyte players who constantly assume that any party composition without the web-standardized Tank/Healer/DPS is automatically invalid. It's obvious they get this from playing too many MMOs.
              There are some very funny "optimization tactics" for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous from streamers who mostly play WoW. Like kiting a lot.

Comment

• In my region of country RSV virus is infecting the children in kindergartens combined with some virulent bacterium and almost every neighbour keep his children at home (including me) away from kindergartens. It often means that I have to take my daughter with me to an office, where it's hard to work and took care of her aty the same time.
                The situation is getting worse and beds with children in hospital were set in corridors. It's almost a month since she could go to kindergarten and my days off drops quickly.
                Shit.

Comment

• For the longest time, my girlfriend and I had been waiting to go mask-free to a restaurant. When we went for her second vaccine dose, an attendant explained that she, along with everyone else, would need to have the vaccine passport scanned by the establishment before entering. I accept that the government has to track where I am going when I travel to another country, but to go somewhere to eat or have coffee? No, that's a bridge too far. I asked Sweetie what her view is on personal privacy where this card is concerned. She feels the same way. So we are housebound or restricted to gettogethers with friends.

And that's not what I hate the most. The thing that pisses me off is that I can't find any site where someone has attempted to measure the number of people who are opting to stay home. What percentage of would-be restaurant clients are not spending their money in the local economy for reasons of privacy? What impact does this have on the the hoped-for economic recovery? We are a section of the population that the government would prefer to pretend does not exist.

Comment

• It's... a basic precaution to make sure they're not letting someone unvaccinated into the restaurant to potentially spread a dangerous virus.

I've got a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing my posts after the fact. Please try and bear with me...
                    In case you're comfortable being more friendly and casual about things, my name's Estella, or Es/Essie for short. They/Them or She/Her, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sconce View Post
                      It's... a basic precaution to make sure they're not letting someone unvaccinated into the restaurant to potentially spread a dangerous virus.

To who? The vaccinated?

Comment

• When the whole thing started, I went and spent a sizeable chunk of cash on vitamins to reduce the danger for both of us of the virus in the event of an infection, as well as for general health. At that time, I asked a friend who works in the health domain why the government did not advise people to take vitamins on top of masking. She explained that the public is too fucking dumb to understand two related things being explained as part of a strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sconce View Post
                          It's... a basic precaution to make sure they're not letting someone unvaccinated into the restaurant to potentially spread a dangerous virus.
                          His problem is that showing the passport isn't enough, it must be scanned.

Not something I would mind myself, but while I don't agree I can comprehend. One thing that hops to mind is that the scan may be just to verify if the passport is legit, but I don't know how many information is there and where this information goes, it isn't a thing here.

Anyways, I wish you luck, HorizonParty2021. Try to find others with the same concerns instead of going right for statistics. You may figure something relevant that way, or at least talk to people with similar concerns.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                          #AutismPride
                          She/her pronouns

Comment

• Originally posted by HorizonParty2021 View Post

To who? The vaccinated?
                            They're probably checking to make sure it's not a fake vaccination confirmation, since that was a big thing for quite a while there and people were making a huge deal about how to get them and where.

I've got a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing my posts after the fact. Please try and bear with me...
                            In case you're comfortable being more friendly and casual about things, my name's Estella, or Es/Essie for short. They/Them or She/Her, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by HorizonParty2021 View Post

To who? The vaccinated?
                              Yeah. Even if you're vaccinated you can still catch Covid-19 and even potentially spread it, though that doesn't happen very often. It's just that if you do catch it, it's likely to be rather mild and won't end up hospitalizing you. And even if you do end up in the hospital your odds of dying to Covid are less than winning a big jackpot on a scratch off lottery ticket. But again, you can still spread it to the and it's very possible other people in the restaurant might have family members, or jobs in which they come into contact with people, who have legitimate medical reasons as to why they can't get vaccinated. And it would suck if that person caught Covid-19 from an unvaccinated individual who got into the restaurant and then gave it to their immune-compromised child or parent.

Basically if someone is unvaccinated they're more likely to have Covid and more likely to be able to spread Covid than someone who is vaccinated. A vaccinated person can have Covid or spread it, but it's much less likely for that to happen.

So that's why they check to make sure that everyone coming in has a valid vaccination passport. It's not about the Big Government tracking you, it's simply that since fraudulent vaccine cards/passports are rather common, and letting unvaccinated people in with fake vaccine passports who are carrying Covid-19 could end up getting other people sick or even killing them, some places simply scan passports to make sure they're valid.

Ultimately if you want to be upset about vaccine passports being scanned, the place to point your anger isn't at the government but rather at the selfish assholes who get fraudulent passports and have forced people to start scanning to be certain that the passport they're basing handed is legitimate.
                              Last edited by AnubisXy; 11-01-2021, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                                Yeah. Even if you're vaccinated you can still catch Covid-19 and even potentially spread it, though that doesn't happen very often. It's just that if you do catch it, it's likely to be rather mild and won't end up hospitalizing you. And even if you do end up in the hospital your odds of dying to Covid are less than winning a big jackpot on a scratch off lottery ticket.
                                A reasonable level of safety to allow normal life to resume with privacy being protected.

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                                But again, you can still spread it
                                It's unfortunate that no alternative to these vaccines, developed by pharmaceutical companies with terrible records for bribery, was allowed to be discussed and now the inadequacy of those vaccines is further reason to curtail freedoms and surveil innocent people.

To name 3:

AstraZeneca: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AstraZeneca#Controversies

Pfizer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfizer#Legal_issues
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfizer#Political_lobbying

Merck & Co: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merck_....#Legal_issues

Why social media companies censor on behalf of vaccine manufacturers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xMfDGDQZK4

to the and it's very possible other people in the restaurant might have family members, or jobs in which they come into contact with people, who have legitimate medical reasons as to why they can't get vaccinated. And it would suck if that person caught Covid-19 from an unvaccinated individual who got into the restaurant and then gave it to their immune-compromised child or parent.
                                We have established that the virus could spread from a vaccinated or unvaccinated individual. If someone has a loved one who can't get vaccinated due to medical complication, the onus is on them to stay home, not for everyone else to have their movements tracked. The idea, originally, was Herd Immunity. After a certain percentage of the population has been vaccinated or developed immunity through exposure, the whole population is safe. Herd immunity was a goalpost and now it has been moved to accommodate a surveillance agenda.

Basically if someone is unvaccinated they're more likely to have Covid and more likely to be able to spread Covid than someone who is vaccinated. A vaccinated person can have Covid or spread it, but it's much less likely for that to happen.
                                If we are talking about decreased probability of contagion from the vaccinated compared to the unvaccinated as a passable criteria, we should be talking about Herd Immunity, since it functions on the principle of probability in large groups.

So that's why they check to make sure that everyone coming in has a valid vaccination passport.
                                There is always a seemingly valid reason to surveil whole populations. Do you think this tracking system will be dismantled after the pandemic is gone?

It's not about the Big Government tracking you,
                                Actually, it is. Also, I simply use the term "government", "Big Government" being a term usually invoked by people on the right wing of the political spectrum. I don't know why it is that more people on the left are not concerned about the establishment of a system to track the movements of everyone in their social lives. Suppose there is a Conservative Government that is able to track gatherings at restaurants and cafes and that you wanted to organize activism in opposition to that government's policies. Suppose also that it was an environmental issue and the Conservative Government had labelled environmental activist organizations as terrorists without cause, as was done in my country.

it's simply that since fraudulent vaccine cards/passports are rather common, and letting unvaccinated people in with fake vaccine passports who are carrying Covid-19 could end up getting other people sick or even killing them, some places simply scan passports to make sure they're valid.

Ultimately if you want to be upset about vaccine passports being scanned, the place to point your anger isn't at the government but rather at the selfish assholes who get fraudulent passports and have forced people to start scanning to be certain that the passport they're basing handed is legitimate.
                                It is not as if government databases with private information about citizens don't suffer breaches. If there is a market for fake passports, criminals will go the digital route. What further measure would you propose to solve the problem in that event?

Comment

Working...
                                X