X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cerealkiller
    started a topic You Know What I Hate MK I

You Know What I Hate MK I

Heartburn. I love chili but this is an evil and HELL I wish upon no one.

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    I hate that I can't tell y'all what I hate in this specific instance. Not because it's against the rules, but for another reason.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; Today, 03:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    I'd hate more on the parents there. No matter how good your school system is, teaching is limited by parental figure investment. Kids without parental investment struggle to learn anything, and morality is something schools will never really impart if kids don't see it outside of school; otherwise they don't pick up on common decency, they just learn "school" decency and realize it only matters while they're in the building.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    When I saw the Wire I came away with it with a good word. Shitbird. Like, a bird that's covered with shit, and so it flaps around wildly and sends shit all over the place.

It seems like there's a lot of shitbirds these days and, worse, they seem to get their jollies being shitbirds. The public school system in my country really seems to suck for a variety of reasons, but one of the huge letdowns is not teaching things like basic human decency. I'm sure it's not in any curriculum because people would complain that teachers, schools, and in turn the government shouldn't be teaching morality (and yeah, there's points for that) but it doesn't seem like a lot of parents are interested in doing it either.

And of course there's never exactly a deficit of well off and older people who enjoy being shitbirds just because they can so it's not like the problem would be eliminated even if you had a method to teach the young well.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    I hate that i don't have the ability to stop giving two shots about anything. If I was smart, i would just become an accountant for some rich douchebag or keep working for my parents

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    I feel like a rat jumping a sinking a ship to swim to a ship being battered by the same storm

(My community college paper seems to be dying and i am going to a better school come the fall but the state of journalism in general is shitty right now and it looks like my current paper on a macroscopic scale)

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Understood completely.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    You're not an asshole, it's important to say even if I've heard it and do what I can to live it already.

To be a bit more clear: A few different society failures at curbing horrible behavior struck multiple people in my social circles in a very short amount of time. Right now, I'm doing what I can to be a good friend/ally for a handful of people who are all having unrelated extremely shitty times, without forgetting to take care of myself so I don't burn out on any of them when they need their social support systems the most. If you're reading between the lines as much as I'd hope, you can understand why I'm not being specific.

This is just a space I know none of them frequent, so it's a place I can vent without them seeing, so they don't feel worse.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
    I general low key hatred of horrible things people do that are illegal, condemned as evil acts, and so on by general society, continue because we as a society refuse to change the way we enforce the law to actually get justice, is currently in high ragey frustration because there's jack all I can do as a solo individual.

What you can do as an individual is find like-minded individuals and collectively persuade other people to join you. Then you convince them to convince other people, always using data to update your approach. That is how successful movements start. Yes, that is also how unsuccessful movements start, but it's the only way to start without the inherent advantage of oodles of money. Individuals do not have a lot of power, but they can provide a sort of personal touch that radiates an aura of authenticity. Collective organization is essential.

EDIT: *sincerity mode* By all means, you have the right to call me an asshole if you have heard this all before.
    Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 04-23-2019, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
    What is it?

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 04-22-2019, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    I general low key hatred of horrible things people do that are illegal, condemned as evil acts, and so on by general society, continue because we as a society refuse to change the way we enforce the law to actually get justice, is currently in high ragey frustration because there's jack all I can do as a solo individual.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Less hate, more general being irked by how movies seem to either forget about things in their previous installments, or expect us to.

Take Captain America: Civil War.

Zemo had no way of knowing that in the immediate aftermath of his bombing, that Captain America wouldn't turn to Iron Man and say, "Hey, what if this guy who appears to be Bucky is under some kind of mind control, like Hawkeye was with Loki in Avengers? What if it was someone wearing a sophisticated mask, like Black Widow was wearing in Winter Soldier? Let's not forget that mind control and ludicrously effective disguises are both things," yet Zemo's plan almost certainly would have failed if he had.

That ocean scientist being treated like a crazy tinfoil-hat conspiracy theorist in Aquaman likewise feels less real for not countering the talking heads laughing at him by saying, "Hey, why do I sound like the crazy guy? How many alien invasions have colorful people in tights fought off, now? Didn't a witch fire a giant energy beam into space, only to get stopped by a black-ops team of colorful supervillains? Why is 'Atlantis might be real' a bridge too far, now?"

And so on.
    Yea...I'm with you somewhat. While I still enjoy the movie(though I haven't seen Aquaman), it is weird how they seem to forget things like that... when it's convenient for the plot I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    avocado...because im fucking allergic to it.. and most fruits...because again, im fucking allergic to most fruits.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    That no one seems to even be surprised that the sitting president told immigration officers to break the law and lie to judges.

‚Äč(To clarify, I'm not surprised either. But that none of this surprises me or seemingly anyone feels really bad.)
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-11-2019, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X