X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cerealkiller
    started a topic You Know What I Hate MK I

You Know What I Hate MK I

Heartburn. I love chili but this is an evil and HELL I wish upon no one.

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    Someone says they are being stalked and harassed anonymously and you reaction is “prove it?” Seriously?
    To be fair, I can't conclusively prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that these aren't being left for someone else and I just happen to be intercepting them... still, even if these weren't intended for me, they feel super-skeevy.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Pics or it didn't happen
    I don't what currently pisses me off more-the fact I can read your comments or that this particular piece I get to read is really fucking heinous. I mean, really, this is a thoroughly disgusting response to someone getting harrassed.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Pics or it didn't happen
    Someone says they are being stalked and harassed anonymously and you reaction is “prove it?” Seriously?

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    I’ve been Chick Tract’d again. :-/
    Pics or it didn't happen

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    I’ve been Chick Tract’d again. :-/

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Well at least they're not hiding it. Still think angry folk could find better things to do than latch onto hateful creeds that linger despite being losing propositions.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    The difficulty in trying to get a straight answer out of a person who knows their argument is indefensible.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    So, turns out Trump authorized killing the Iranian general seven months ago. Real “imminent threat,” there.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
    I wonder what the case is then... looking it up, she lives in a state where clergy are mandatory reporters of sex crimes involving children. The priest had to turn him in by law (which negates my concerns), but I'm not sure how you win a lawsuit against a mandatory reporter for... following the law.
    you really don't which makes me think this was a hidden fundimentalist family.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    I wonder what the case is then... looking it up, she lives in a state where clergy are mandatory reporters of sex crimes involving children. The priest had to turn him in by law (which negates my concerns), but I'm not sure how you win a lawsuit against a mandatory reporter for... following the law.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
    So, while the civil suit might play out either way, a much more important question is if the priest CYAed enough to ensure that the police can now actually do anything about this guy, or if investigating him for this is now legally impossible. Doing the best thing here is more complicated than reporting.
    Uh, no, dude, the guy's in prison for it. That's why his wife is suing.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    I'm... mixed. Privileged communications are an important legal principle. Even if there's a good discussion to be had about how broadly secular society protects this specific form, breaking confidentiality like that could be abused to have the opposite effect of immunizing criminals by tainting all the evidence police might gather with an illegal communication as the main motivator of an investigation.

So, while the civil suit might play out either way, a much more important question is if the priest CYAed enough to ensure that the police can now actually do anything about this guy, or if investigating him for this is now legally impossible. Doing the best thing here is more complicated than reporting.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Let me preface this by saying that I am not a fan of the LDS Church already for the way they treat their LGBT members. Among other reasons, but especially that reason.

That said, in this story I’m rooting for them - they notified the police when one of their members confessed to sexually abusing children, and now his wife is suing them over it. I hate the idea that this lawsuit might incentivize them (or other churches) away from doing the right thing in the future.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-16-2020, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    That devotees of a tyrant seem capable of holding multiple contradictory ideas in their heads as long as it lets them support their Beloved Leader.

“Why, yes, that air strike was both pre-emptive and retaliatory!”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X