Here be Ponies!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here be Ponies!

It was gonna happen sooner or later, so might as well get the ball rolling...

Not too long now until the start of Season Four. Possible Spoilers in the promo!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZacPOD-zCE

Flim-Flam Bros, Literal-style!

Who says the Mane Six were the only ones affected in "Magical Mystery Cure"?

And now, straight from the "WTF did I just see?!" corner of the webz:

Last edited by Hand-of-Omega; 11-05-2013, 02:30 AM.

Mmmm... ponies...

Comment

I'll have to avoid this thread...and EQDaily for a while it seems. Must avoid spoilers!

Comment

Originally posted by Scutarii View Post
        I'll have to avoid this thread...and EQDaily for a while it seems. Must avoid spoilers!
        You don't need to avoid EQDaily through.
        If you click on the small gear on the toolbar, you will get the option to hide all season four posts, which the site will then keep on doing until you disable the option again.

Comment

Woo, ponies! Sadly, though, I too am on the no spoilers train.

Wait... this is in the Exalted forum, what's...

.... ponies confirmed for 3e?

Vera Vartanian - Onyx Path Freelancer
          have keyboard — will imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Vegetalss4 View Post
            You don't need to avoid EQDaily through.
            If you click on the small gear on the toolbar, you will get the option to hide all season four posts, which the site will then keep on doing until you disable the option again.
            Good to know, good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by impulsiveIngenue View Post

Beastmen with wing mutations, or sorcery initiation.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by impulsiveIngenue View Post
                Woo, ponies! Sadly, though, I too am on the no spoilers train.

Turns out Exigents are a lot more flexible than we knew!

But, yeah, this is a continuation of a popular thread from the old forum, much like the Homestuck and Avatar threads...and like them, we DO stray on-topic by
                discussing how some things in FiM could equate to Exalted (there was a nice debate over how to translate Queen Chrysalis to Creation, for ex)!

And I made sure to post a non-visual link to the promo, and I'm sure any others with possible spoilers will be similarly circumspect, so there's really no need to fear spoilers here!

Comment

Did you guys know that Hasbro officially gave the ok for the first fully fan-made episode? It's pretty damned amazing!

Check out one of the analyzing videos, such as "Everything Wrong with Double Rainboom in Four Minutes", to see all of the stealth cameos hidden in the background that you missed. I guarantee, you didn't see them all!

Comment

Originally posted by Scutarii View Post

Good to know, good to know. Thanks.
                    Glad I could help :-)

Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega
                    Did you guys know that Hasbro officially gave the ok for the first fully fan-made episode? It's pretty damned amazing!
                    Really?
                    I thought that was just yet another case of ""as a company we do not acknowledge that this is happening, but think it is cool that it is", like all other fan-made stuff.
                    Where did Hasbro give it, their official blessing?
                    Last edited by Vegetalss4; 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

They can't, legally speaking, give Double Rainboom their blessing without doing something about it.

And Double Rainboom was shit. Snowdrop, on the other hand, was phenomenal.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Onyx Path Freelancer
                      Working on:The Hedge
                      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by Vegetalss4 View Post
                        Really?
                        I thought that was just yet another case of ""as a company we do not acknowledge that this is happening, but think it is cool that it is", like all other fan-made stuff.
                        Where did Hasbro give it, their official blessing?
                        Well, the guy who made it sent them a letter and asked. If they had said no, there'd be no Double Rainboom and we'd not know about it at all. I'd not marvel too much about it when the only way for us to know about it was in the case of success.

It probably also helped that the episode was a school project, and I think school work has slightly less restrictions on it so it was safer to say yes without setting too much of a precedent. I'd not count on them saying yes to similar things as a matter of course.

Strikes me that I've not actually seen Double Rainboom. Should probably do that, just to get in the know.

Snowdrop... it was well made, certainly. Animation was great. I also liked how they returned to the idea of ponies actively creating weather and similar, which was present in Winter Wrap Up and The Running of the Leaves but has since been left to the side. For me, though, it was a bit too soppy and didn't feel in spirit with the show. I'm not complaining or anything, but it's not all that for me.
                        Last edited by Weimann; 11-05-2013, 03:45 PM.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

For Snowdrop, I have to agree with what Weimann said. Good animation, but had some issues with telling instead of showing, and the monologue at the end dragged on for far too long without actually saying anything new. It also felt as if it was beating me over the head with "Are you sad yet!"

Personally, I prefer Button's Adventures to Snowdrop and Double Rainboom.

If you want to play Thomas Edison, you'd better be up to the task of carrying all of civilization through the Renaissance and Industrial Revolution, while the Sidereals and Dragon-Blooded are shooting at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorlem View Post
                            Personally, I prefer Button's Adventures to Snowdrop and Double Rainboom.
                            Button's Adventures is hilarious. It and Rainbow Dash Presents are the only fanworks I really keep up with now that the shed.mov series is done. And shed.mov was always a guilty pleasure anyway, like watching a train wreck. XD

"The true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground." -G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X