You Know what I love MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post
    I love the new Storyteller's Vault for Vampire: The Masquerade that's coming out soon.

Finally, I can make my own source books for 1e and 2e VTM. Might even do "Richmond by Night" for the capital of my home state.

Seriously. So damn excited for this. And we can use the same exact trade dress and everything! Using art, etc. Hot damn this is going to be great...

Orlando By Night, here we come!

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

Seriously. So damn excited for this. And we can use the same exact trade dress and everything! Using art, etc. Hot damn this is going to be great...

Orlando By Night, here we come!

Hell yeah! I would do "Roanoke by Night" since I live there, but the Roanoke Valley metro area only has a little over 300,000 people living in it (and the city proper only has 100,000). So I'm not sure if it'd be big enough for a VTM supplement. Richmond is much bigger (especially when you factor in all the suburbs within the metro area) and could support a 1e supplement.

Virginia Beach is the biggest city and Washington DC is the biggest metro area in Virginia overall (what with all those Northern Virginia suburbs like Arlington, Fairfax, Alexandria, etc.) but I've never been to Virginia Beach and DC already got a "By Night" book during Second Edition's run.
      Last edited by Camilla; 08-08-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• I dont understand what the ST vault is. It seems just like WW taking people ideas and in special forum or something for everyone to see but couldnt we do that already?

Comment

• Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post
          I dont understand what the ST vault is. It seems just like WW taking people ideas and in special forum or something for everyone to see but couldnt we do that already?

They also give you the means to publish the ideas on WW's behalf using the trade dress and stock art from all four editions, and apparently, if you follow certain terms and conditions, you may be able to have your works sold by WW, and you get 50% of the profits. I remember hearing something about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post
            They also give you the means to publish the ideas on WW's behalf using the trade dress and stock art from all four editions, and apparently, if you follow certain terms and conditions, you may be able to have your works sold by WW, and you get 50% of the profits. I remember hearing something about that.
            Oh, ok that sounds cool. Nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post

Oh, ok that sounds cool. Nice.

It's not just sourcebooks, either. You can also submit fiction to the Storyteller's Vault as well.

Comment

• Tried a new book and really enjoyed it, something that's rather infrequent unfortunately. And for the cherry on top the author's got a bunch of other work already out.

Comment

• I love the fact that my brother made it back home from Charlottesville in one piece. His nose was broken and bloodied from a brawl with Nazi douchebags, but other than that, he's okay.

This whole tragedy has me upset, so I'm going to try to calm down and watch some episodes of Sailor Moon. I love Sailor Moon.

Comment

• They casted Michael Sheen as Aziraphale and David Tennant as Crowley for the adaptation of Good Omens, a casting I could not imagine myself but now I'm totally on board with.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                    Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

• I love coffee. I need more of it inside me. Until my blood has been forever caffeinated, I need more.

(They/Them/Their) https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/borderland

Comment

• Command and Conquer, baby. Tiberium, Red Alert, Generals, anything and everything related to it.

"You can't kill the messiah."

Comment

• Story time. A bit of information: the place I live is not exactly a major city, but it's a rather big town, separate from the wilderness and certainly not in the country. It's the sort of town smaller towns look at when thinking of "the city" but we tend to laugh at the idea when somebody tells us that.

In the middle of it we have a river or, at least, what's technically a river. It's almost always dry (unless it rains a lot) and there's grass and shrub everywhere in it. As I was crossing a bridge to go to the mall today, I saw several people looking down the river and turned my head: there, in the least likely place they should have been, a family of boars. There must have been at least fifteen, adults and young ones, big and small, all happily travelling together downstream. They kept coming out of the bushes and minded their own business with all us looking at them.

Now, I know it's kinda silly, but I'm pretty much trash when it comes to Nature. It's one of the reasons Werewolf the Apocalypse is a guilty pleasure of mine and one of my favorites WoD games (but I can't explain Demon). I don't know, but this unexpected sight in the middle of my town,was quite beautiful, if you forgive me my sappiness
                          Last edited by Cinder; 08-16-2017, 03:03 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                          Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

• I love learning about my family history and ancestry. Turns out a lot of my family has been in the military over the generations and they served with honor as well.

Calvin Lester was a Scots-Irish immigrant (Ulster Scots for all our UK forum users), who fought in the American Revolution and according to old records from the late 1780's, was present at the Battle of Yorktown and settled in what is now Tazewell County, Virginia before marrying Rachel Bishop. The two of them, along with Rachel's brother David Bishop, later moved again to become the first Caucasian settlers in what is now Wyoming County, West Virginia, during the 1790's.

William Colbird was a distant grandfather of mine from my paternal grandmother's line, who was of mixed European, Shawnee, and possibly African ancestry as his tax records list him as "Mixed Race" (though not in such polite terms) who served in the Union Army during the American Civil War. He served in a "Colored Infantry" unit, which implies he may have had some possible African ancestry.

I know for a fact that the Colbirds are of mixed European and Native American heritage (Shawnee specifically) based on old government documents I have found through research (tax and census records, mostly), but records of the Colbird family prior to 1860 are spotty at best, so he may have had some black ancestry as well, who knows? That being said, the Colbirds have married into European families so many times they are essentially white in the modern era. I'm white and identify as such, even if some of my ancestors were not. Either way, he served with honors, made the rank of Captain by the end of the war, and later became a sharecropper in what is now McDowell County, West Virginia.

His son was John Colbird, who was also a sharecropper in West Virginia, would later own his own family farm in Wyoming County, West Virginia, near Bud Mountain.

John Colbird's grandson was Claude J. Colbird (my great-grandfather), who was born in 1929 and worked on the railroads when he was a teenager. Claude would later serve in the United States Army as a combat engineer during the Korean War. He served with honors during the Korean War and was awarded the Bronze Star. He was offered a battlefield commission and turned it down so he could return home to his wife, which he later stated was his only major regret. He died in his sleep in 1994 due to cancer. According to my family, I was the last person he saw before he died, as his last request was to hold his infant great-grandson.

Claude Colbird's wife was Clara "Audie" Bennett (Bennett was her maiden name, though she remarried three times, outliving her first two husbands and dying in 2014, leaving her third husband as a survivor). I always knew her as Granny Audie and I have fond memories of visiting her in West Virginia. She was a Civil Rights activist in West Virginia during the 1950's and 1960's, and even helped out the VISTA workers who provided relief efforts to the people of Appalachia in the mid-1960's.

Another great-grandfather of mine was Henry Smith, a veteran of World War II. He served in North Africa, fighting against the Nazis and their Fascist allies, and was awarded the Silver Star for taking out a Wehrmacht machine gun nest at great risk to his person. When my dad asked him why he took such risks, he said "I wasn't trying to be heroic, I just wanted to make sure I could get back home alive.". He died in the mid-1980's, years before I was born (I was born in 1993).

My paternal grandfather Dave Smith Sr. and his brother Tommy both served in Vietnam. My grandfather did electrical and mechanical work for the Army and didn't see much combat. My great-uncle did see direct combat, and it haunted him for years. Both are still alive to this day.

My maternal grandfather Bob Martin also served in the US Army during the early 1960s as a cook. He ended his service before Vietnam escalated, but he was stationed in Kentucky (Fort Knox), then New Jersey (Fort Dix), and finally in Germany and England, before returning home and becoming a laborer and later a coal miner. He is still alive and I love him deeply.

My father Dave Smith Jr., was in the US Army during the 1990's. He did not see combat, leaving the service in early 2001 due to a severe injury following a car accident. I also love him deeply, and yes he is still alive.

My uncle on my mom's side, Michael Martin, was in the Army Reserves from 1999 to 2007. He served in Afghanistan, mostly doing construction work and helping build structures for the bases there. Once again, he is still alive and currently lives with me and my mother. He is also a cool dude whom I value greatly.

I love my family a lot, and I love the history that surrounds them.
                            Last edited by Camilla; 08-16-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Camilla That's fascinating; how did you find all that? My family history is murky at best thanks to my father and his mother being habitual liars, but I know my mother's mother's side are Polish Jews who fled the Holocaust. I'm really passionate about history, so not knowing my own ancestry terribly well haunts me.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                                Camilla That's fascinating; how did you find all that? My family history is murky at best thanks to my father and his mother being habitual liars, but I know my mother's mother's side are Polish Jews who fled the Holocaust. I'm really passionate about history, so not knowing my own ancestry terribly well haunts me.

My dad and I dug through old archives, both family archives and government documents (old tax records, military documents, and things like marriage certificates and the like) from the 19th Century and early 20th Century that have since been archived online by the local communities in West Virginia and Virginia. That's how I learned about my Shawnee ancestry and the fact that William Colbird was not only a Union soldier, but served in a Colored Infantry unit (We did know he fought for the North in the Civil War, but we didn't know the full story until we dug up old records and archives).

It also helps that I knew Granny Audie for years before she died in 2014. She told me a lot of the stories involving her and the Civil Rights Movement and the VISTA program as well. And she showed me the documents and photographs that proved it.

In addition to my ancestors, my current family is involved in activism. My younger brother is not only a part of Antifa, he is also in Fight For 15 (which I do support) and was even interviewed by The Young Turks and Jimmy Dore as well.

Here is my brother, Nicholas. We may not agree on everything, but I am proud to be his older brother.

I'm proud of my brother and proud of my family as a whole.
                                Last edited by Camilla; 08-16-2017, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X