No announcement yet.

You Know what I love MK I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got to do a small and simple carpentry project yesterday (putting together an organizer for a very involved board game) - I love the smell of wood, complex board games with lots of bits and bobs, and getting to make some lasting and useful. Plus it has been a really long time since I felt energetic and healthy enough to do anything even carpentry adjacent, so I have to add that I love that my various well-being issues are clearly, finally, noticeably getting better.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

Why didn’t you tell me? The house is a mess!

Kidding, of course. Happy birthday to this person.
      Thanks! And a belated Happy Birthday to you as well, btw. Hope you had a great one.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red." - Clive Barker, The Books of Blood

Comment

• Being bilingual.

As a Canadian, most of my RPGs are in English (my second tongue) as they are more easily available. However, being a native French speaker allowed me to discover awesome product for OWoD and CoC from France (either original French product or French translation of German products (which I ned to relearn having forgotten most of it)).

It's a great boon as a gamer and can really open fun horizon.

Project consolidation:
        Rough Draft: Dhole Shifters, Ottawa By Night, Tribebook Bunyip, Garou Variant
        In redaction: Lasombra Bloodline

Comment

• One of my old favorite bands had the lead come out as a trans woman during the time I was out of the fandom, and coming back to that was a treat, but what I didn’t expect was for them to upload a redo of my favorite old love song of theirs but with the proper pronouns, now making it a big lesbian love song. I cried genuine happy tears.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• I love going to the Sugar Shack (cabane a sucre). I've been unable to go for a few years due to financial difficulties, so it was fun that this year i was able to go. The Ears of Christ (oreilles de christ) were delicious (i could eat those things till i die of salt overdose). There was a ham cooked in beer and maple syrup that made my main dish and i added a bacon and spare ribs poutine with maple bbq sauce. For the dessert i went with a very conservative slice of maple syrup sugar pie. My girlfriend really liked the Poor mans pudding (pudding chomeur).
            I dont really know the english names for the dishes served there so i went with the literal translation.
            For other funny named dishes traditionally served in the sugar shack. You have the Granpa in syrup (Grand-Père dans le sirop) and Nuns farts (pêtes de soeurs)
            I also love how silly those names sounds

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
            Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
            Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

• My favorite podcast (a talk show between Red Markets author Caleb Stokes and his best friend Spencer Harris where they discuss board game design, nerd culture criticism, and craft beer review) just did a “best of” episode aimed at new listeners: http://www.themixedsix.com/2018/03/1...d-six-sampler/

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• I'm a simple man. Reading makes me Happy. So unexpected windfalls that can only be used to buy books make me REALLY happy.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• You know what I love? Golden Sky Stories. It's great fun and damn cute and lovable and GAH I love it a lot. Know what I also love? It's second major supplement, Twilight Tales, is in kickstarter right now. You should back it, and not just because I'll get to write the magical girl splat at $21,000. But also because I'll be able to do that.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
                  Work Blog Coming Soon
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• When hard work pays off for your partner.

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• A two-egg sausage omelette sandwich for breakfast, using a homemade waffle as the bread.

Comment

• I love the opportunities life presents. I don't believe in fate, but I love it when things come together is such a way that you can't help but feel that they were destined and written in the skin of the universe. Lately I've been feeling that so powerfully that I realized my worldview has shifted. If I put it MtAw terms, when I was a teenager/young adult, I would have felt I was Moros with knowledge of Prime. But these last few years, my perception has changed back to what it was when I was a kid. Really, I'm a Thyrsus who makes liberal use of Fate. The return has been invigorating and liberating.
                        Last edited by Second Chances; 03-17-2018, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Green chili candied bacon.

Oh, and this post:

Originally posted by Nosimplehiway View Post
                          I have my doubts about Daimoinon being inherently evil. Is there any canon discipline set better designed to hunt down evil-doers and place judgment on them?

Imagine you're in Enoch, the Second City, or just Ye Olde Hyborean Age back in the day. There's all kinds of crazy stuff going on: cannibal cults, demon worship, Cthulhu summoning, shape shifting soul eating plagues, defiling of sacred temples, cats sleeping with dogs... real Sodom and Gemorrah stuff.

Caine, or maybe an unnamed Antedeluvian, looks around and says, "Hmmm, this is getting out of hand. I should create a sort of morality secret police to tamp down the worst excesses. They need to be sneaky to infiltrate the doomsday cults, but also charismatic enough to lead the usual torch wielding band of moralists. Let's have a specialty discipline that detects evil, convinces people it's the wrong thing to do, blasts the unrepentant, forces anyone who survives that to battle their own inner demons and, then, finally, levies a judgment against the guilty in the form of a curse. Let's name the line after the local legitimate deities that have respectable, established religions so the common folk will accept their moral authority."

That's my guess at the origin of the Baali.

Of course, after a while the narcs always wind up sampling from the evidence locker and it all goes south, which brings us the modern Baali.
                          Now I have a handy replacement for the Tremere in my VtM games.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red." - Clive Barker, The Books of Blood

Comment

• Oh my god, I'm so excited for FLCL: Progressive in June. Really hope it lives up to the hype.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                              Oh my god, I'm so excited for FLCL: Progressive in June. Really hope it lives up to the hype.
                              You and me BOTH.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• When one of your NDAs end!

Comment

Working...
                                X