X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cerealkiller
    started a topic You Know what I love MK I

You Know what I love MK I

I'll start this one off as well. I ran my first game in over a year last night. It went great. I only have two players and we are playing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2E. Got a dwarf mercenary and a human agitator. I've got a great atmosphere going as well. The grim stuff hasn't hit yet, the town they are in has been peaceful for years but now there are grave robberies happening and now bodies as well as valuables are disappearing. I've got a bit of humor in it as well. Buxom flirty elf inn owner, a strange relationship between the constable and an ogre who serves in the army for Averland. Things are going to progress nicely week after next in session two when they start trying to figure out who is digging up the graves.

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    I have, like, three avatars from one AH Animated.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    When the Advanced Player's Guide for Pathfinder 2e, a dream I've had since at least a year or so after I started playing D&D will be mechanically supported with playtested mechanics. I'll finally be able to convince a DM to let me play a Aasimar Elf (for extra annoying purity drivel) or create a Jokeresque Tiefling Gnome!

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    I somehow managed to get Keith Baker following me on Twitter!

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    Retraction: Math is fun. I was wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    2e Bridge-burners. So awesome

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    David Cronenberg's stare.

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    My work is expanding in some fun ways.

I'm not working on a new system. I'm building 3 of them. Why? Because I don't have to write as I've played.

I'd gotten so used to playing with "one size fits most" systems that whole game lines blurred into each other until they were inseparable for me. I was losing the ability to see individual games for what they are, as themselves.

I get the tendency to make systems like that. It's a popular way to do things, and it provides some flexibility for different game styles. It works, and it makes sense, especially for extensive game lines that might want some crossover potential.

That's not what I'm doing right now, though. With one exception, all of the worlds I'm building stand alone. They are just themselves. The mechanics (and even dice) for each wholly different from the others. I'm looking at games with fresh eyes again, and diving in.

I freaking love that.
    Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 08-05-2019, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    I’ve now submitted more words for Changeling: the Lost than any other single gameline (although, if Dark Eras counts as a gameline, they are tied). Not what I expected when I got my first gig, but 100% not complaining.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Trump gave a speech in front of a phony Presidential Seal that featured a two-headed eagle (like on Russian coats of arms) clutching a bag of golf clubs in one talon (instead of arrows), a wad of cash in the other (instead of an olive branch), and the banner dangling from its beak read "45 es un titere" ("45 is a puppet").

And he didn't even notice.

That shit is delightful.

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Tell us about the new thing?
    I may or may not be (I am) developing a TTRPG influenced by the works of John Milton and William Blake, with an absurdist postmodern twist. It's still in early development, but the setting is growing, and the new system I'm building for it is looking good so far.

I never thought I'd have it in me, but here we are!

I might be doing yet another thing, but I'm waiting to see how it goes before announcing much.

Leave a comment:

• Cinder
    replied
    Had a couple of rough weeks and that made me think. Sure, things are not always easy and I have some issues to solve, but you know what?

I'm where I want to be, I'm doing what I want to do, and I have a clear path ahead like I never had. I'm making little steps and the road is still uncertain and reaaaaaally long, but it feels good. I'm making new friends and getting to know lots of people who see the kind of person I am, see what I'm striving to achieve, and appreciate me for it. I just have to keep doing this and I might manage to achieve my goals after all.

I'm happy, folks. Like I haven't been in a long time. And nothing circumstances can do or people who don't care about me say can take it away from me.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Tell us about the new thing?

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    That I had the guts to quit a profession that no longer fit who I am, and what I want in life.

Goodbye, standup. Hello, new thing.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    I love Steven Universe. I love that there’s a cartoon out there that’s shamelessly about emotions and connections and love, that it’s explicitly queer as hell. I love how beautiful it is. I love how genuine the creator is. I love the music. I’m a little emotional over the movie trailer and new song, if you can’t tell.
    It’s such a great show. Can’t wait for the movie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X