Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thorbes
    replied
    I want to treasure memories as long as I can still make them. Alcohol kinda gets in the way.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
    I recently decided to stop drinking alcohol alltogether.
    Oh yea? Why for?

Leave a comment:

• Maitrecorbo
    replied
    Enjoying some nice 'Sortil├Ęge' tonight. Its a Canadian maple syrup whisky.

Leave a comment:

• Thorbes
    replied
    I recently decided to stop drinking alcohol alltogether.

Leave a comment:

• Caitiff Primogen
    replied
    On the downside I've discovered that Virginia Gentleman is some genuinely god-awful terrible excuse for bottom shelf bourbon (and I consider myself a connoisseur of terrible whiskey-surrogates).

On the upside its still an acceptable vector for getting me tipsy on mulled cider.

Leave a comment:

• Camilla
    replied
    Smirnoff Blue Label vodka and Kroger's generic orange juice makes one awesome Screwdriver.

Leave a comment:

• Caitiff Primogen
    replied
    Right now I either want to be so drunk I can't see or I want to talk about Gundam.

I'm a man of simple tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Caitiff Primogen
    replied
    When your whiskey is gone but you weren't done drinking it.

This is also the title of my upcoming country music LP.

Leave a comment:

• blackheartz
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Forumites, a question: What drink is best for watching The Defenders?

Lagavulin is the best drink for watching the defenders. And anything else.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Forumites, a question: What drink is best for watching The Defenders?

Leave a comment:

• Silent Witness
    replied
    I can relate. Counting down the remaining few hours until I have a couple of days off. It's funny, I used to drink to be social, now I more often feel like an antisocial drunk.

Leave a comment:

• Camilla
    replied
    I have never craved a fifth of vodka this bad before in my life. Guess I'll have to make do with my bottle of white rum I have lying around.

Man, this day has been rough,

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Thorbes View Post

I prefer their pinneaple and mango. Delicious!
    Their pineapple flavor is amazing with food, especially anything deeply salty and savory.

I just made myself hungry. Excuse me while I go find the nearest taco truck (I can be hungry and lazy simultaneously. I like making tacos, but it's a nice day to not cook).

Leave a comment:

• Thorbes
    replied
    Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
    The mandarin flavor of Jarritos soda is probably my favorite Mexican import. I also highly recommend their strawberry and lime flavors.
    I could drunk the fuck outta some Jarritos.

https://jarritos.com/
    I prefer their pinneaple and mango. Delicious!

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    Also, You'd think alcohol and coffee would be a writer's dream, right? Alcohol to get the words flowing, caffeine to pin it like butterflies to the corkboard.

Nope. I actually don't have a lot of success with writing when drinking, actually. Not bad for the dreaming, but even casual drinking doesn't quite facilitate serious textual manifestations.

Barring casual conversation, of course.
    That has been my experience as well. Caffeine gives me much-needed focus for writing, alcohol just leaves me even more distracted than usual.

I did manage to write a script while drunk once, and it turned out pretty well after some revision. I'm pretty sure it only worked because it was a deeply personal story that I really wanted to tell, but wouldn't allow myself to. Everything good about the script was in spite of the booze, all it actually did was take away my ability to stop myself from writing what I wanted to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X