Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this forum make my butt look big? (That is what is on my mind)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have two different twitch accounts, and I don't know how that happened. Huh.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• My wife got me this coat like, twenty years ago. And I love the coat, especially now that I'm in a place where coats are often required because it is cold. But it's old (it was old when I got it, deadstock stuff) and getting kinda ratty and I'm finally getting around to maybe getting a new one but don't know if I should go for the same kind or something new.

Comment

• It's my birthday! ...and I, for once, don't really care. Maybe that's a symptom of getting older? I don't know, but it's not a bad thing. It's a change (I finally get to refer to myself as "thirty something"). I still hope to have a nice day, of course. I just don't have any particular expectations.

I welcome today for whatever it is.

Translation: It's my birthday, and I'm going to use getting older as an excuse to eat like a kid who still wears onesie pajamas.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
        - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
        (She/Her)

Comment

• I had my 52 birthday not to long ago, was just another day for the most part, nothing special was done anyway. Mom gave me a card, she loves to make cards on her computer, and that's cool and all, but unless you and the people around you happen to gather and make a deal out of it, it becomes just another day

I see no special advantage to making it a special day, or just another day. Just the pattern your life becomes, whatever it is

Comment

• Do I run VtM or read some Clive Barker and take a nap?

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
            (She/Her)

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
              I have two different twitch accounts, and I don't know how that happened. Huh.

Have you searched for doppelgangers? They're common this time of year.

(She/Her)

Comment

• Words words.
                Last edited by ArcaneArts; 06-07-2019, 10:44 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                  If I can do this without causing a ruckus:

Camilla, hey man, listen-I'm sorry. I get frustrated as hell by you and your problems, I'm not going to deny that, but I definitely overstepped myself with the last rant. Could have done a lot to say that better than I did, and by doing that I not only didn't help but probably just made it all feel worse, and that's not cool.

Don't worry, it's alright with me. If anyone overstepped themselves, it was me.

Comment

• I miss my friends.

(She/Her)

Comment

• It took me too long to realize that "skip to the lou" is a song about trying not to crap your pants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                        It took me too long to realize that "skip to the lou" is a song about trying not to crap your pants.

I decided to look that, up and I keep finding variations this:
                        Skip to My Lou
                        "Skip to My Lou" is a popular children's song. Skip to My Lou was a popular partner-stealing dance from America's frontier period. In early America, 'respectable folks' in strict Protestant communities regarded the fiddle as one of the devil’s tools. Faced with such a religious obstacle to socializing, young people developed the “play-party,” in which all the objectionable features of dancing were removed or masked so that grave elders would overlook their activity. The dancers sang and the audience clapped to create rhythm for their own music. In time, the play-party acquired a life of its own. It became an ideal amusement for teenagers and young married couples. In many a frontier community, the bear hunters, Indian fighters, the rough keelboat men and the wild cowboys could be seen dancing innocently with their gals, like so many children at a Sunday school picnic. As people moved westward and communities shrugged off the 'witch-hunt' mentality which plagued early Protestant New England, square dancing and barn dancing became acceptable, at least to some. “Skip to My Lou” is a simple game of stealing partners. It begins with any number of couples hand in hand, skipping around in a ring. A lone boy in the center of the moving circle of couple sings, “Lost my partner what’ll I do?” as the girls whirl past him. The young man in the center hesitates while he decides which girl to choose, singing, “I'll get another one prettier than you.” When he grasps the hand of his chosen one, her partner then takes his place in the center of the ring and the game continues. It's an ice-breaker, a good dance to get a group acquainted with one another and to get everyone in the mood for swinging around.

Comment

• Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

• Anarchy is a tool to remove broken order. Our system is broken, and the order is corrupt. The order has abandoned logic and compassion. It has abandoned order. In order to build a better society, the broken system has to be seized and restructured.
                            It's become "normal" to see people in rich countries struggling just to survive by using community resources, because the market and government is indifferent to the suffering of people. The U.S. is building more concentration camps. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

The system is broken, but not dead. It's irreparably damaged, and it's broken aspects are being used by the corrupt to further their finances and ideologies, while holding down the marginalized, vulnerable and "undesirable". We need anarchy to help us build a better order.

Fuck this chaos.
                            Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 07-14-2019, 02:28 PM.

(She/Her)

Comment

• What if the reason pandas don't breed in captivity, is because they're intelligent enough to not want their children being born in prison?

What if people who speak with a stutter impairment are proof that we live in a simulation, and they just have buffering issues?
                              Last edited by Nyrufa; 07-25-2019, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• If the brain is responsible for managing all our bodily functions, then why aren't we naturally born with PHD's in all fields of biology?

So basically, our brain is in charge of handling a job without any knowledge of how that job is supposed to actually work!?

Comment

Working...
                                X