No announcement yet.

The Triumphant return of the "Lets Talk Food" Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had the maddest craving for halupki recently. They were a specialty of my great grandmother and I realized that I don't think I've actually had them since she passed away. I have her recipe, if not her well honed skill at executing it, so I think I may make my first attempt to do it justice.

Comment

• I like Jappanese Mochi.

Sesame or peanut.

Comment

• I'm going to get sushi tomorrow for my birthday at Cowfish at Universal Orlando. I'm so excited. Their sashimi is amazing.
        Last edited by lilappleblossom; 08-25-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• I've been in a pretty shit part of Phoenix for a year now and the lack of good food cuts way deeper than anything else. San Diego is a paradise and I regret ever leaving.

There's no good Japanese food here!

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
            I've been in a pretty shit part of Phoenix for a year now and the lack of good food cuts way deeper than anything else. San Diego is a paradise and I regret ever leaving.

There's no good Japanese food here!
            Don't you guys have like really good Mexican though?

Comment

• Originally posted by lilappleblossom View Post
              Don't you guys have like really good Mexican though?
              All the Mexican food I've had here is terrible compared to back home.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

All the Mexican food I've had here is terrible compared to back home.
                Wow, really? So what good food does Phoenix have? Anything?

Comment

• My attempts to con my own brain have failed me. I had sought to fool my brain into thinking I was having steak and potatoes. Alas, pouring steak sauce onto my baked potato is simply no substitute.

Likely for the best, imagine what kind of world we'd live in if it was.

Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

http://northernfoxgames.com/

Comment

• I had a burger for breakfast, because I'm an adult and I can. I started by kneading garlic powder and salt into the meat (ground roast with some chuck) before making the patties and tossing them into a preheated pan, double thick and topped with some Colby cheese just before hitting medium well, served dead as a doornail and charred to my paranoid specifications. Save the pink juice for your steakhouse. Nobody needs. E. Coli. Added basic condiments and some fresh veggies. Turned out pretty good.

Could've used a decent root beer float. Definitely considering unboxing the deep fryer I got for Christmas last year. I was without fries, and that just felt wrong.
                    Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 07-11-2017, 12:09 AM.

The Midnight Oil on 98.1 FM HOWL RADIO - https://twitter.com/AzraelFirestorm?s=09

Comment

• The other day I made big pan of roasted pork belly with rosemary turnips, all for a total cost of $6. Best three $2 meals I've ever had.

Comment

• Made enchiladas with home made sauce, beans, chiles, cheese, and leftover grilled pork loin.

Comment

• I beg all of you to come to San Diego and eat with me. This town is a culinary paradise.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

• I made fideua! I didn't have any oysters, squid, or scallops, but a box of oyster mushrooms on top of some gulf shrimp and cod gave plenty of body to the dish.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

I beg all of you to come to San Diego and eat with me. This town is a culinary paradise.
                              Southern California, really. You don't really learn to appreciate it until you've left.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                              Read the rules

This is my mod voice.
                              This is not my mod voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparketh View Post

Southern California, really. You don't really learn to appreciate it until you've left.
                                I would also recommend San Franciso. having worked there for a while I can say it has an interesting effect on food places. Because the rent is so high, anyplace that sticks around more than about a year is clearly making enough money to justify it, so the crappier places are weeded out. Not every place is expensive (I have fond memories of a chinese place that was dirt-cheap down the street from my office) but you know that you're getting volume/quality in good proportion to the price.

I rather imagine the same sort of pressures exist in other walking-focused city cores... So New York for example. Hummm... makes me wonder if foods in European cities are going to have a similar effect.

Odd_Canuck is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.

Comment

Working...
                                X