Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    I’ve been obsessively watching the streams for Pillars of Eternity 2 ever since some got early access and can soundly say it’s my GOTY.

    Now to wait until “holiday” for the console release.
    Having watched a full playthrough (and seen the Metacritic climb into the 90s), I have to underline: this absolutely is my GOTY, and one of my favorite games ever.


    Call me Regina or Lex.

    Female pronouns for me, please.

    Comment


    • I finished God of War last night (mostly, I still have some optional objectives to finish like the final Valkyrie and some Odin Ravens I haven’t found yet.) I absolutely loved this game, which surprised me coming from a series I had always been a little disgusted by. My partner who watched me play most of it had a similar reaction, and through the whole final boss fight we were both exclaiming delightedly at the spectacle.
      Last edited by Charlaquin; 05-14-2018, 03:24 PM.


      Onyx Path Forum Moderator

      My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

      Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

      Comment


      • Doesn't quite pay to run the trends unless you have the money and research to back it.

        Comment


        • Can't say anything bad about them, but getting to trends when other bigger and richer companies have already established their place in the market is not a smart choice. Especially when you make it multiple times, learning nothing.

          EDIT: Ninja'ed


          Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

          I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

          This is what I'm working on

          Comment


          • Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
            https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/996092708971274245"]Meanwhile, Cliff Blezinski announces that his studio, Boss Key Productions (Lawbreakers, Radical Heights) is shutting down.[/URL]
            It's looking like even the employees had no idea this was coming. That's pretty sad.

            I feel bad for anyone that bought that non refundable founder pack for his latest game

            Comment


            • I recently dusted off my PS2 and started playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for the first time in years.

              God, I love that game. It's almost a decade and a half since it first came out and that game still impresses me.

              One of the things I loved about GTA: San Andreas was the setting of the State of San Andreas, and another thing I really loved is the phenomenon of "myths" in that game. There were a fuckton of myths and urban legends associated with that game.

              The most famous one was Bigfoot, but you also had other stuff like UFO's, Leatherface, serial killers, ghosts, sharks, and even the Loch Ness Monster.

              Most of the stuff like Bigfoot and Leatherface were proven to be fake or only possible through elaborate PC mods, while a small handful of myths like sharks and Ghost Cars turned out to be true. Some of them were due to accidental programming glitches (Ghost Cars, ghost graffiti, and the suicidal photographer) while others were intentional (such as the Mafia mass grave in the deserts of Bone County, most likely an homage to the film Casino).

              I'd love to one day do a massive Play-By-Post or Play-By-Chat sandbox chronicle that mixes World of Darkness (Could be Classic WoD or CofD) with the setting of GTA: San Andreas and would incorporate the myths and urban legends surrounding the game.

              Comment


              • Got my hands on a copy of Yakuza Kiwami. A great series if you are interested in action/crime games.

                Comment


                • I was in a playtest campaign of Dream Askew a few months ago, and it wound up being the best tabletop experience of my life; now it’s up on Kickstarter. I’ll hope you take a look. It’s a diceless, GMless game about a queer enclave in the post-apocalypse, and how the people there struggle with questions of community and scarcity. If you want to play with drama, gender, and some exceptionally light, elegant mechanics, you’ll love it as much as I have:

                  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ew-dream-apart


                  Call me Regina or Lex.

                  Female pronouns for me, please.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                    I was in a playtest campaign of Dream Askew a few months ago, and it wound up being the best tabletop experience of my life; now it’s up on Kickstarter. I’ll hope you take a look. It’s a diceless, GMless game about a queer enclave in the post-apocalypse, and how the people there struggle with questions of community and scarcity. If you want to play with drama, gender, and some exceptionally light, elegant mechanics, you’ll love it as much as I have:

                    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ew-dream-apart

                    How are the mechanics, generally speaking? I am a fan of light mechanics (it's why I love Big Eyes Small Mouth and the OSR so much), but can the rules be used in a more general sense and not just for that specific setting or narrative?

                    Just so we are clear, I'm not saying the setting is a bad one, but I am more interested in the mechanical side of things because I am always looking to try out rules-light systems for the various concepts I have.

                    I am curious as to how a GM-less and diceless game can work, though.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Camilla View Post


                      How are the mechanics, generally speaking? I am a fan of light mechanics (it's why I love Big Eyes Small Mouth and the OSR so much), but can the rules be used in a more general sense and not just for that specific setting or narrative?

                      Just so we are clear, I'm not saying the setting is a bad one, but I am more interested in the mechanical side of things because I am always looking to try out rules-light systems for the various concepts I have.

                      I am curious as to how a GM-less and diceless game can work, though.
                      Well, you can look at the rules there (they’re under a link, and relatively short), and the book also includes Dream Apart, which uses the mechanics for a fantasy Jewish village drama.


                      Call me Regina or Lex.

                      Female pronouns for me, please.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

                        Well, you can look at the rules there (they’re under a link, and relatively short), and the book also includes Dream Apart, which uses the mechanics for a fantasy Jewish village drama.

                        I will check them out, then.

                        Comment


                        • Smite has released Chernobog as the first god in their slavic pantheon. They've also announced that they will release Baron Samedi and Pele that will debut their respective pantheons (loa and polynesian). I was sure their first slavic god would be Baba Yaga tho, so Chernobog is a pleasant surprise. Guessed right about Baron Samedi being their first Loa tho.
                          Some people have complained that HiRez should work on releasing gods from pantheons they have already started instead of introducing new ones. But i agree with the developpers answers that they prefer to simply work on gods they have ideas for instead of forcing it. I mean they could just make Hera but they prefer to wait until a good idea (both in development, design and mechanics) strike them before working on it.



                          Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
                          Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
                          Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

                          Comment


                          • I just finished playing Crossing Souls.

                            I was expecting an action game modeled after 1980's kids adventure movies. What I got instead was more like a mashup of 80's kids adventures, 80's action movies, and 80's dark sci-fi/fantasy... without any concern for the safety of anyone involved. It got dark...


                            On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

                            Avatar by K.S. Brenowitz

                            Comment


                            • Playing through Batman: Arkham Asylum again. God, this game is so good. And polished. But really, REALLY good.


                              PENTEX SUCKS.

                              I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X