No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two days ago I convinced a friend (that never played any WW game) to buy Bloodlines (it's on sale, on GoG)...
    yesterday he played it for 13 hours straight...

and, as curses impone, now I'm reinstalling it

Welcome back Darkness, my good old friend...

====================================
    "Worst English-language User" 2011-2015, 2017 running for the 2018
    [Unofficial Clanbook] Nagaraja: the Masquerade

Comment

• Yeah, I played through Bloodlines a few months ago. The game has it's flaws, but it's really unique. I've never played anything else quite like it.

Comment

• EA Press Conference

“No don’t worry guys, we’re still all about the FANS!!!”...right.

Battlefield V

I still haven’t touched a single Battlefield game ever

Yeah, they reinforce that there’s no premium pass or loot boxes…although it looks like EA’s strategy in general is to shift the microtransactions to cosmetics and vanity items that you can see what you’re getting. Which is…better, I guess?

Meanwhile: SURPRISE, confirmation that battle royale is coming to Battlefield!!!

…although to be fair, I did see a counter-argument point out that: “What’s wrong with just normalizing Battle Royale and just making it a normal multiplayer mode alongside deathmatch, capture the flag, capture the zone, etc”. Which is true. We’ll see how things go from here afterwards.

FIFA 2019, NFL Madden 19, NBA Live 19

Lol at everyone being so unenthused at the mention of soccer.

…otherwise don’t care about sports. I acknowledge that the sports gaming community are a thing and that they shouldn’t be left out…they’re just not for me.

Origins Access Premier

Ah so this is the much hinted at “Netflix for games”…kind of. Besides the existing EA First early access but also have access to all of their older games. Similar to Xbox’s existing Game Pass service…although this one is a lot more expensive. While Xbox’s is $9.99/mo, this is $14.99/mo or $99.99/yr…eh, don’t feel a strong desire to get it, but it’s cool to be there.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

So we finally hear about Respawn’s mystery Star Wars game…kinda.

Playing as a Jedi and set during “The Dark Times” between Episodes 3-4, it’s about a fugitive Jedi on the run from the Empire and out for a Holiday 2019 release…and that’s it. No visuals shown at all about the game. That’s…encouraging.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 DLC

Ok they actually acknowledge the microtransaction fiasco and that they fucked up. So… there’s that I guess?

Anyways the main meat of this section is announcing new game modes (squad systems, starfighter mode) and Clone Wars DLC. So Geonosis map, playable General Greivous, Count Dooku, and Clone Wars-era Obi-Wan and Anakin…all, once again, without showing a single bit of footage. But instead just shows footage of the Solo tie-in DLC…that’s already out.

Unravel Two

Oh hey that one indie game that I…completely forgot existed. This time it has co-op, so that’s nice, I guess. Although they make co-op by yourself sound incredibly sad at all. Otherwise, looks like a cute game…no idea if it’s a game I would play. Well, aside from the game being available RIGHT NOW.

Sea of Solitude

“When humans become lonely they become monsters”…I’m listening.

Yeah, looks super colorful and intriguing. And the main character being a cute feather girl? I dig it.

Command & Conquer: Rivals

They’re…shout-casting…for a mobile RTS. WHY. That they don’t reveal the name of until they end of the…gameplay. Otherwise…so Command & Conquer is officially dead, right? That they’ve resorted to sending it to mobile to die.

Anthem

And now the main event…?

Not sure how to feel about the mention of “story content that they can add to the game for years to come”. Especially if this is going to be content updates or regular paid DLC. Dig the idea of the different “classes” of Javelin can all be on one character so you can swap for whatever you need in your mission. Game’s coming out February 22nd, 2019.

Well, I’m a sucker for power-suits like these Javelins so I’ll be keeping an eye on it. Not pre-ordering, going to wait and see.

Also there won’t be any romance options in this game…granted according to a buddy of mine, the quality of the romance storylines have been dropping like a rock in recent entries, so this might actually be a blessing in disguise.

-------------------------
        So…standard EA. Still as mediocre as ever. Frankly the big surprise was the fact that they even acknowledged that the loot box fiasco was a thing. I was half expecting them to go the entire conference by not saying a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
          Sea of Solitude

“When humans become lonely they become monsters”…I’m listening.

Yeah, looks super colorful and intriguing. And the main character being a cute feather girl? I dig it.
          This is where I got interested. All I really want from this E3 is the trailer for Life Is Strange 2 (and I think I'll be satisfied), but this Sea of Solitude looks like a game I have goods odds of buying
          Last edited by Cinder; 06-09-2018, 07:21 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• I'm not seeing much in the way of significant differences between Anthem and Destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
              I'm not seeing much in the way of significant differences between Anthem and Destiny.
              3rd person instead of first? Possibly better execution on the story delivery.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

I'm not seeing much in the way of significant differences between Anthem and Destiny.
                I mean. One features undead warriors fueled by space magic, this one features mercs with Iron Man suits?

Seems distinctive to me.

Comment

• Iron Man's level of technology may as well be space magic, their warlock analog even has the phasing blink. And unless there's permadeath the undeath thing isn't really a consideration. But they seem to be 'mercenaries' in the same way they were in Destiny, in that they'll do whatever, for humans to defend humans against the invading aliens.

The perspective is different, I admit, though I don't know if I'd go so far to say it's a really significant difference. They lean on flying more than vehicles, too.

Surely I'm not the only one seeing similarities between this and Destiny?

Comment

Iron Man's level of technology may as well be space magic, their warlock analog even has the phasing blink.
                    Context is key. There's a difference between "hastily cobbled together tech to defend mankind" versus "granted magic powers by a benevolent(?) space god".

And unless there's permadeath the undeath thing isn't really a consideration.
                    Well...they're undead in that they were all

But they seem to be 'mercenaries' in the same way they were in Destiny, in that they'll do whatever, for humans to defend humans against the invading aliens.
                    Weeelll.....the way how they used the term "mercenaries" implies more morally grey fighters that are in it more for the pay then for saving humanity. Destiny's Guardians are painted as being the noble last defenders of humanity that do it for the greater good, not for the coin. (not that more morally grey Guardians don't exist)

Gameplay wise...while they haven't said it outright, yeah everyone knows this as EA's answer to Destiny: An MMO-lite looter shooter.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...THE END TIMES/GEHENNA/APOCALYPSE/ASCENSION ARE UPON US PEOPLE.

At the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra World Tour they announced the release date for Kingdom Hearts 3: January 29, 2019.

Comment

The Destiny hatedom has spent the past year praising it as the game Destiny wishes it could be, so I’d say plenty of people have noticed the similarities.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• I made a noise when they showed that Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Shadows Die Twice. Not Bloodborne 2 but a game with a feudal Japan feel.

Considering From Software's previous work with Tenchu it's about time.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                            I made a noise when they showed that Cyberpunk 2077 trailer.
                            ...did it have to be JUST a cinematic trailer? Yes I know it's in-engine footage but still...bleh.

The look of Night City was still cool as hell.

Comment

• VERY impressed with Microsoft's e3 conference. Let's see what Bethesda has to offer...

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Oh bitchin', CDPR did secretly reveal customizable characters for Cyberpunk 2077.

Comment

Working...
                                X