Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
    VERY impressed with Microsoft's e3 conference. Let's see what Bethesda has to offer...
    Never thought I’d be wowed with a Microsoft show, and now I’m nervous Sony can’t match up.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Microsoft

Halo 6: Infinite

Oh gods please I hope they learned lessons from Halo 5. The sprawling landscape makes me think open world…otherwise that was it. Blegh.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Oh hey that one indie game I should play at some point. Looks pretty.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

"Man Nioh is AWESOME! it's like Dark Souls but in feudal Japan!"
      From Software: "Hold my sake"

But yeah, you’re a ninja with a prosthetic arm (because why not) fighting monsters. If you’re a FromSoft fan, this looks to be right up your alley.

Fallout 76

Probably holding back considering the conference later today…but yeah, it’s more Fallout. Am glad that they’re retaining the vibrant color palette from 4. And as of right now it still looks like a normal Bethesda-Fallout game.

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

I have not played a single Life is Strange game. However, this does look like a cute game involving an imaginative kid.

Crackdown 3

Oh hai exclusive game not coming out this year. At least we have a release window of February 2019. Game’s not for me; not super into “crazy destruction games”.

Nier: Automata on Xbox One

Yaaay Xbox fans get to have their turn playing as Gaming Waifu of 2017 on 6/26/2018

Metro: Exodus

Off to the surface world with us! And the crazy cult of personalities that are up there! Also weapon customization. Otherwise, it’s standard bleak Metro...which is good.

Kingdom Hearts 3

Oh look Frozen world…aka the world fucking everyone knew was coming. Also Wreck it Ralph, Simba summon. Also I think formal debut of English dub.

Ok someone fill me in: did someone resurrect Organization XIII members?

Sea of Thieves DLC

[insert SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE BASE GAME comments here]

Well either way, more content for the pirate-y die-hards.

Battlefield V

So the promise reveal of story DLC(?) was…a few cinematic shots with no context. Next.

Forza Horizon 4

Don’t care about racing games, but that’s just me, and I acknowledged that the community is there.

The Initiative/Microsoft Buys out a bunch of Indies

Oh hey that new studio is opening up in my neck of the woods. Cool

Otherwise…Microsoft pulls a Disney and buys out a bunch of indie studios. Then again Microsoft is going to need all the help they can get on getting exclusives out. So maybe not too bad.

PUBG

Keep chugging away PUBG on trying to stay relevant.

Tales of Vesperia: Enhanced Edition

Not a “Tales of…” fan so…eh?

The Division 2

Honestly looks like a very typical video game sequel: new setting, new weapons, new enemies, tweaked HUD/UI…and that’s about it. The verdant summertime of DC is a nice change up from the snow of New York, so there’s that. Wasn’t too big into the first game, might peek over.

Xbox Game Pass

So we’re still trying to make subscription services in games a thing? K then. Although I hear this version was received pretty well.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Oh hey that one game that got leaked like forever ago. See above on Division 2 still looking like the most typical video game sequel of all time.

Session

In which people briefly thought was Skate 4. Lol. Otherwise, not into skating games.

Devil May Cry 5

“It’s been 10 years since DMC4”- BECAUSE WE’RE GOING TO COMPLETELY IGNORE THAT OTHER GAME THAT CAME OUT IN 2013.

Probably realized that, thanks to Platinum Games’ output, that people still dig stylish action games. And at least DMC fans are getting thrown a bone.

Cuphead DLC: The Delicious Last Course

WOOHOO CUPHEAD DLC! And not just the promise of the usual new levels and bosses, but also 3-player co-op? Nice. First day buy.

Jump Force

SHONEN JUMP CROSSOVER BABY. Man, Frieza’s about to get creamed if he’s getting jumped by Goku, Luffy, and Naruto at the same time. Also they must be REALLY going all out if they’re teasing Light and Ryuk from Death Note.

…but then everyone else being like “Yo where’s mah bois Deku, All-Might, or Ichigo???”

Dying Light 2

Chris Avellone’s involved? Bitching. Especially when he broke down the different choices one could make. That this really does seem more then JUST another zombie game. Might have to consider pre-ordering this one.

Battletoads

Dayum…when was the last Battletoads game? While not much was shown I’d say this was probably the biggest surprise of this conference. Got the one friend who’s hyped as hell for this, so there’s that.

Just Cause 4

Haven’t played this franchise, probably should. Looks chaotic as ever.

Gears Pop

Oh god Funko Pop figures have their own game now. At least it looks…cute?

Gears Tactical

Huh, a Gears of War TBS in the style of XCOM? That’s…actually pretty rad and a neat idea for the Gears franchise. And my kind of game.

Gears of War 5

THREE GEARS OF WAR GAMES EVERYONE. And with the primary protagonist being female? Neat.

I myself am not a Gears fan (always more of a Halo guy)…but I am happy for the Gears fans to get three flavors of Gears.

Cyberpunk 2077

Well…as I said before…its just a cinematic trailer? Guh.

Night City still looks cool as hell. And it’s got that that vibrant, 80’s aesthetic to it. Kinda wish for more, but oh well.

-------------------------------------------------
      Yeah as I said, Microsoft killed it. Way better then EA’s showing, kept it to just the games, and the wide variety of games look great. Seem to be a little bit of something for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
        Tales of Vesperia: Enhanced Edition

Not a “Tales of…” fan so…eh?
        I'm pretty hyped for that one. Vesperia was, by far and away, the best Tales game and honestly I feel one of the better JRPGs out there. Hopefully there's enough new content in there to keep me interested though, since playing through the same game I played through a few years ago but this time with better graphics has never been my cup of tea.

Comment

• Huh. Well that was a roller coaster of emotions Bethesda put everyone through, didn't they?

Comment

• Not looking forward to Rust:fallout edition. but am looking forward to Doom, Starfield, and Elder Scroll 6.

Comment

Huh. Well that was a roller coaster of emotions Bethesda put everyone through, didn't they?
              Yes it was. Opening with a live band when all anyone really wants to see is video games is always a strange choice. The awkward silence as the guys who introduced Rage 2 refused to continue until they got applause was one of the cringiest things I’ve seen at an e3 presentation that didn’t involve motion controls. Then the game itself has serious tonal confusion. The marketing thus far had been leading me to expect a vibrant punk vibe that embraces its own over the top absurdity. But then the protagonist was trying to be some grim and gritty action hero... The trailer flip-flopped so much between those two takes, I was left with no idea what the game’s tone is supposed to be.

More Doom. Cool.

More Prey. Cool.

Nobody cares about Elder Scrolls Legends. Someone probably cares about ESO, but it isn’t me.

Todd Howard makes self-aware jokes.

Fallout 76 is exactly what we thought it would be. Not normal my kind of game, but I’m intrigued enough to keep an eye on it.

Oh, hey, an Elder Scrolls Mobile game. That looks almost like an Elder Scrolls console game. And is coming to consoles? Wtf? Bethesda, if your excuse for not giving us Elder Scrolls 6 yet is that you don’t want to be the developer that does nothing but Elder Scrolls and Fallout, then stop giving us Elder Scrolls and Fallout games that aren’t ES6!

And then the two reveals that are simultaneously the biggest news at the showcase, and also not news at all at the same time. Still, having confirmation on both of these games, even with no information beyond the titles (and no subtitle for Elder Scrolls ), they absolutely stole the show, at least from my perspective.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• I’m excited about Starfield and TES6. I’m less excited that they’ll probably be out just im time for the PS5.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                  I’m excited about Starfield and TES6. I’m less excited that they’ll probably be out just im time for the PS5.
                  Most likely, yeah.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Bethesda

Rage 2

Sooo…after that random musical performance by Andrew WK. So you’re playing as a guy that’s out for revenge…and now the story is being presented as something totally for reals serious yo. Uh…ok then. Gameplay though seems to have solid gun action with some of the weird abilities that are kind of reminiscent of Bulletstorm. Looks alright. Probably will get at a later date after launch.

Elder Scrolls Legend

Digital card game, don’t care.

Elder Scrolls Online: Wolf Hunter + Mirkmire (sp?)

MMO I don’t play, don’t care. Although I hear the game has gotten better since launch.

DOOM: Eternal

Follow up to DOOM 2016 and with Hell on Earth…but no footage until QuakeCon? Dammit. Guess I got to wait until then.

Quake Champions

Oh Quake Champions is going free-to-play? And a free trial available right now? Neats. Downloading now!

Prey 2017 DLC

Hullo surprise additional content! Free update with New Game+ and Survival mode, new paid DLC “Moon Crash” that’s basically a rogue-like in Prey. AND the promise of an asymmetrical multiplayer DLC in the summer, Typhon Hunter, that pits 1 human player vs 5 Mimic players. Awesome.

Time to go reinstall Prey 2017 then...

Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Ooh ok then. So playing as BJ’s twin, grown up daughters in an alternate 1980’s fighting off Nazis in Paris, and with co-op play. Ok, that’s neat…granted from what I hear the last spin off game of these newer Wolfenstein games (Old Blood) was…disappointing. I’ll keep an eye on that one.

VR: Wolfenstein Cyberpilot, Prey 2017: Typhon Hunter

So looks like Bethesda still wants to continue with some VR games. This time they got a standalone version of Prey’s Typhon Hunter mode and a new thing for Wolfenstein that’s you piloting Nazi mechs. Unfortunately not a second of footage was shown so…eh. Also I don’t have VR so not for me.

Fallout 76

So yeah…just comes off as “Fallout 4 with online multiplayer”. Take that for what you will. I’ll say this: I give credit for Bethesda for even bothering to try something completely different. I’ll probably check it out. At the very least, I’m gonna try out thie Beta.

But goddamn is that Power Armor collector’s edition is tempting…

Fallout Shelter

Coming to PS4 and Switch…huh. Not sure people wanted that but ok.

Elder Scrolls Blades

Huh. This is interesting. A full-fledged RPG on mobile…that later on can be played on PC via VR? Ok then. It’s a free game too that’s free…that you can pre-order. Pre-ordering a free game. Alright then.

Starfield

Oh good this game does in fact exist. Space epic Bethesda-style RPG is here!

…ok, next!

Elder Scrolls VI

Why yes this game DOES exist!

…and that’s it. No subtitle for you!

Yeah these last two come off as “yeah, sorry folks, it’s going to be a while before these games come out. This is just to confirm that these games exist.”

-------------------------------------
                    Very good presser from Bethesda. A little bit for everyone from all their various properties. Some were shown in substantial presence, some not. And like I said above: one helluva emotional roller coaster of ups and downs.

Comment

• I do wonder if 2077 will have some of the classes from the tabletop; playable Cops and Corporates would be very interesting indeed.

And i’m overjoyed that they confirmed no set protagonist. Witcher 3 is a great game, but I really couldn’t care less about pretending to be a horny grandpa for 150 hours.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• I'm curious about new VR titles, and I think it's great that Bethesda is pushing further into VR space. Cyberpunk 2077 looks interesting too, but that's largely because of my bias towards all things cyberpunk.

Nothing else shown is really interesting to me. I dunno - it feels to me like the games I've enjoyed more and played more of recently have been small-to-mid-sized indie titles instead of blockbuster AAA studio productions.

Just to name a few: RUINER, Immortal Planet, and The Fall Part 2: Unbound.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Starfield could be pretty interesting. Or at least different. I've never been a huge Bestheda fan, but several of my friends are, so they'll probably hand-me-down that game when they finish beating it, if it looks like something I might want to play.

Comment

• Wow Square-Enix. I didn't think it was possible to suck more at a "press conference" then EA, but they found it.

Comment

Wow Square-Enix. I didn't think it was possible to suck more at a "press conference" then EA, but they found it.
                              I dunno, they just showed game trailers. That’s pretty much exactly what I want out of an e3 press conference. I mean, I’m not the press, so what I want is probably different than what they want. But I enjoyed it.

Comment

Wow Square-Enix. I didn't think it was possible to suck more at a "press conference" then EA, but they found it.

To be honest I didn't expect much from their conference. Squenix typically leaves their big reveals for the Tokyo Game Show and just drops a few breadcrumbs at E3. I was a little disspointed not to see anything about FF7 though.

And honestly their just showing game trailers was better than many conferences where you have morons in suits talking about stuff that nobody cares about. Or EA's conference where they were trying to get cheers by saying, "No more lootboxes!" and, "we're sorry for trying to rip you off so badly in Star Wars we promise we'll never do anything like that again..."

Comment

Working...
                                X