No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so excited for Fallout 76 (even if it's online only) and even more excited for the remake of Resident Evil 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post
      I am so excited for Fallout 76 (even if it's online only) and even more excited for the remake of Resident Evil 2.

Resident Evil 2 looks great, except for the changes made to Leon and Claire. They look at least 7-8 years younger and I'm not a fan of the character models.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

Resident Evil 2 looks great, except for the changes made to Leon and Claire. They look at least 7-8 years younger and I'm not a fan of the character models.

Are they using the old tank controls?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
          Are they using the old tank controls?
          No. Apparently they're using a more modern third-person over-the shoulder perspective and controls closer to RE4-6.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post
            I am so excited for Fallout 76 (even if it's online only) and even more excited for the remake of Resident Evil 2.
            I'm tentatively interested. For as much of a single-player gal as I am, I really like the idea of online multiplayer games. I've only found one such game I actually enjoy in practice, and that mainly because Bungie makes FPS mechanics so good they're worth putting up with the online aspects for. But I'm liking the sound of 76 so far, a lot of the ideas they're throwing out for how to make it palatable for their very single-player focused fan base have got my attention. But I'm still hesitant to get too excited, because I felt similarly about Elder Scrolls Online, and I don't want to be disappointed like that again.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• I do like the fact that Fallout 76 is going to be set in West Virginia. My Dad is from West Virginia and I have a lot of family there, and as someone from the Appalachian coalfields (granted, I'm from Virginia and not West Virginia), I am glad to see the region of central Appalachia represented in fiction, especially in a way that doesn't seem to rely too much on outdated hillbilly stereotypes.

Again, so far it looks good and I am excited for it, though I do accept the fact that it might not turn out so good due to being online-only (I'm more of a single-player guy myself) but for now, I am cautiously optimistic.

Oddly enough, my brothers and I came up with a Fallout fan setting titled "Fallout: Coalfields" which was set largely in West Virginia as well as Eastern Kentucky and a good chunk of Southwestern Virginia as well. This was first conceived in 2014, before Fallout 76 was even thought of.

Last time we had worked on it, we decided that Fallout: Coalfields was supposed to be set in 2292, over a decade after New Vegas and five years after Fallout 4. We even came up with factions for the Coalfields, such as the Union, the largest governing body within the Coalfields and directly descended from the Pre-War United Mine Workers of America. The Union was basically a lot like the NCR in the early Fallout games, an up-and-coming government on the grow.

Other factions, both major and minor, included the Emerald Horde (think Caesar's Legion only Celtic instead of Roman), the Appalachian Brotherhood of Steel (an expeditionary scouting force of the Eastern BoS), the Rebellion (a terrorist group trying to bring down the Union), the Gobblers Club (a club of adventurers and treasure seekers in the vein of Indiana Jones), and a few others as well.

Comment

Resident Evil 2 looks great, except for the changes made to Leon and Claire. They look at least 7-8 years younger
                Younger than what?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Younger than what?

Than how they looked in the original Resident Evil 2(concept art, cgi cut scenes, promotional art, and the timeline from other games).

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• I'm worried about Fallout 76. I have a bad feeling about the level of this game, especially as a Fallout 1 and 2 fan.
                    I am comforting myself that worse than Fallout 4 can not be ^^ ...

I currently play The Witcher and Path of Exile.
                    I play a lot in Path of Exile because my job is to buy exalted orbs and buy poe currency

The best path of development, like onyx path, is the path of exile - One of the top classics of the genre. A game that picks the trails and develops at the fastest observed rate. Developers are constantly adding new content, which attracts new players.
                    A lot of attention on the scaffolding on your equipment, in constructing a suitable build will help what guides.
                    In them you will find all information about currency and how to use Exalted orbs. I've been playing for two years, PoE showed me a friend. It is something that makes you want to buy currency and create interesting items. The Incursion League is also abundant in orbs, you can find them in large numbers and everywhere - but it's a good balance, because the opponents are also powerful. However, for a basic set you do not have to spend many exalted orbs, for the first sensible build enough to buy 20 chaos orbs. If you need advice on PoE and Currency in the Path of Exile, read here and find orbs for yourself, you can buy what you need https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile
                    Let me know how it went.
                    Last edited by FireBird; 07-09-2018, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Than how they looked in the original Resident Evil 2(concept art, cgi cut scenes, promotional art, and the timeline from other games).
                      The character model for Leon from the original Resident Evil 2 looks like he's about sixteen.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• So this might be weird (maybe i should put this in the movie thread) but i just finished watching the ''movie'' of God of War 2018 essentially a 8 hour youtube edit of the game with the cinematics and expositionnal moments. I have neither the money nor the time to play the game and the story was really all i wanted to see so it works out well.

I really like the story and how it presented a mythology that i was reasonably familiar with in a way that was different while remaining somewhat consistent of the mythology.
                        Now the problem is that my 'play scion' itch is back something fierce.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
                        Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
                        Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

• Dream Askew is on its last 24 hours for the Kickstarter, by the way. Please check it out if you can.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post

Translation: Female nudity and at one point a villain is given an excuse for being a villain.
                            From what I've heard, there's male nudity as well, if that's what you want. I dunno, I'm not into it for the nudity, personally.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• After having mostly left it to sit on the proverbial shelf since Christmas, I finally managed to establish a rapport with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I've been enjoying it a fair bit.

Comment

• I got Splattoon 2 over the weekend. Holy shit, I was not expecting it to be this fun!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X