Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by haren View Post
    Sure, I've got one already, but it's just me and andrix who we did the Nightfall together for the Rat King. We've actually been wanting to play with you, but didn't know if you wanted to play or not. But yeah, we're probably going to play Wednesday, since andrix works away from home start of the week, then comes home on Wednesday. And I promised we'd do Forsaken together. I just got my Sagira shell yesterday! Had to work hard to get it before the Solstice ended (though it didn't matter, since I couldn't max out the points and that's all I needed). But yeah, we're around! And will have Forsaken. andrix saw that Ikora is sad, so... we're going to do some vengence-murder for her.
    Awesome! Wednesday the 29th? I’d love to play with you two again, sorry I’ve been distant.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      Awesome! Wednesday the 29th? I’d love to play with you two again, sorry I’ve been distant.
      Yeah, sure! We'll do it after he gets home, and it's ok, I wasn't sure if you were upset with me for bugging you or something.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Decided not to get the DS.

Spent the 130 bucks on the Spider-man PS4 Collector's Edition.

I'm a whore.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by haren View Post

Yeah, sure! We'll do it after he gets home, and it's ok, I wasn't sure if you were upset with me for bugging you or something.
          Nah, you're good. I was doing something else last time you messaged me, and then anxiety kept me from saying anything. Also a quirk of scheduling at work left me with basically no free time for the last two weeks. But I'm absolutely down to play again.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
            Decided not to get the DS.

Spent the 130 bucks on the Spider-man PS4 Collector's Edition.

I'm a whore.
            Where'd you find that for $130? I bought the same thing for $400 and thought it was a bargain.

On-topic: I'm many, many hours into Middle Earth: Shadow of War. I still don't know how I feel about this game's emphasis on orc army management, or the multiplayer components, but being able to ride a drake is pretty cool.
            Last edited by semicasual; 08-29-2018, 11:53 AM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
              So, I’m very excited for Destiny 2 Forsaken. But, all of my old clan has either switched to PC or stopped playing. I’m not terribly bothered by this, as the clan was one actual friend of mine who invited me and his friends and coworkers, whom I really didn’t like, but put up with so I’d have a consistent raid group. So, I’m kinda glad they’re gone, but now I’m left pretty much solo.

What I’m getting at is, I know there are folks here who play Destiny. I’ve played with haren and atamajakki before, and those were easily my most enjoyable experiences I’ve ever had playing Destiny (being able to be out with my fireteam makes a BIG difference). I don’t know if you folks are still playing, or part of clans already. But I would love to start or join a queer-friendly Clan with you folks, if you are interested.
              Sold my consoles and don’t honestly play videogames at the moment, I’m sorry to say. Forsaken looks really fun; I read some of the datamined lore tabs and cried over one.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Wait wait wait Charlaquin , I think andrix is working this weekend and OFF on Tuesday! You know what that means, don't you?!

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• I am going back to Fallout:NV. the story is so much better then Fallout 4.

Comment

• Hollow Knight is amazing. It's like the perfect blend of Metroidvania and Dark Souls. And it's huge.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                    Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                    He/him pronouns, please

Comment

• Looking forward to trying out Valve's Artifact . Playing Pit People until then and so far it's a great co op game for passing the time.

Comment

• *starts catching up with Nintendo Direct stuff*

Ok what did I miss tod-

WOHOO! THE ONLY GHOSTBUSTER THAT MATTERS IS BACK BABY!!!

Comment

• I finally finished the storyline of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Some interesting stuff there.

I'm far from finished with the actual gameplay, mind. Still got minibosses to fight, DLC quests to do, and then it's into New Game+ to do all of its nifty new content and have an open space in which to try and get the remaining dozen or so Blades that I didn't get in my first play.

I also started a bit on the Torna expansion pack, which is looking compelling both for fleshing out backstory characters that I wanted to know more about, and the overhauled combat system.

It's all looking good.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• I've been playing the new Spider-Man game. In short, it's pretty darn good.

It has a similar play style to the Batman: Arkham series of games, but whereas Batman was slower and more methodical, Spider-Man moves faster and more dramatically. It's taking some getting used to Spidey's swifter vertical dodge-rather-than-counter gameplay, but it's been a blast.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                              I've been playing the new Spider-Man game. In short, it's pretty darn good.

It has a similar play style to the Batman: Arkham series of games, but whereas Batman was slower and more methodical, Spider-Man moves faster and more dramatically. It's taking some getting used to Spidey's swifter vertical dodge-rather-than-counter gameplay, but it's been a blast.
                              I beat it a little while ago. I think the best part was the movement - webslinging and jumping all over Manhattan was interesting enough that I rarely used the fast-travel system. That said, I think the designers might have overlooked the fact that you can *also* web-sling freely indoors. Some of the boss fights seem calibrated to the assumption that the player will be mostly on the ground, when you can easily dodge most attacks by staying in the air.

Now, I'm playing Bloodborne for the first time. I'm feeling like this is easier than other From Software games - mostly, I suspect, because the combined Rally and Blood Vial systems make healing and staying healthy much easier. It's also easier to get lost - Yharnam's architecture is as much vertical as horizontal, with little alleys and hidden shortcuts further complicating navigation.
                              Last edited by semicasual; 09-17-2018, 09:56 AM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by semicasual View Post
                                I beat it a little while ago. I think the best part was the movement - webslinging and jumping all over Manhattan was interesting enough that I rarely used the fast-travel system. That said, I think the designers might have overlooked the fact that you can *also* web-sling freely indoors. Some of the boss fights seem calibrated to the assumption that the player will be mostly on the ground, when you can easily dodge most attacks by staying in the air.

Now, I'm playing Bloodborne for the first time. I'm feeling like this is easier than other From Software games - mostly, I suspect, because the combined Rally and Blood Vial systems make healing and staying healthy much easier. It's also easier to get lost - Yharnam's architecture is as much vertical as horizontal, with little alleys and hidden shortcuts further complicating navigation.
                                ...Are our brains linked or something? Because I started playing Bloodborne for the first time yesterday. Yharnam is a fraggen' maze - ups and downs and twists and turns. I simultaneously enjoy the intricacy and detail of the levels while audibly sighing with relief when I find a shortcut.

I also notice I'm having an easier time with the bosses than, say, the folks over at Team Four Star. But of course, I don't drink, and I play alone without anybody to distract me.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Working...
                                X