Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Downloaded the latest patch for VtM Bloodlines and installed the game on my newer laptop. I swear I will one day finish a complete playthrough before my computer dies and I have to replace it. Seriously, this is the third machine I've installed it on since I bought the game during a Steam sale years ago.


    Onyx Path Forum Administrator
    Posts in this color are moderator posts
    Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
    Forum Terms of Use
    the Contact Us link.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Darksider View Post
      Downloaded the latest patch for VtM Bloodlines and installed the game on my newer laptop. I swear I will one day finish a complete playthrough before my computer dies and I have to replace it. Seriously, this is the third machine I've installed it on since I bought the game during a Steam sale years ago.

      Dammit, man.

      *runs to install it again




      PENTEX SUCKS.

      I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

      Comment


      • I have got to say, after the experience of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (which is not exactly lacking in intense moments, but generally fairly optimistic), I'm a bit taken aback by how dark the original can go in some spots, and from fairly early on.

        In a good way, mind, a way that I care about.

        And it's got so many interesting game mechanics and story elements and character designs.


        I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

        Comment


        • So Red Dead. Yeah. Pretty amazing.

          Comment


          • By the way, has anybody here bought or downloaded any games which use DENUVO?

            I'm not exactly sure what the deal with this program is, as some people just kind of ignore it, while others seem to absolutely loath its existence. Going so far as to boycott any games that rely on it.

            ​People who hate the program have also been referring to it as a form of "malicious spyware" and it apparently leaves some files on your computer, even after you've uninstalled the game.

            The reason I ask is because I've run across some games that I wanted to buy for PC, but hesitated to do so because the EULA requires me to use DENUVO.

            Comment


            • The issue with DENUVO is that will do massive amounts of writing on your hard drive to the point that it will radically slow programs down and can even shorten the lifespan if your hard drive. DENUVO insists that's not the case, but several game companies have come forward and said that those are issues that are caused by DENUVO. And yeah, it will leave files (sometimes quite large ones at several gigs) on your hard drive even after you uninstall the game.

              Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal and I've downloaded several games that use DENUVO, but if you do download a game that uses DENUVO, keep an eye out if you notice major frame rate drops or notice the hard disk doing a lot of writing. I'd shut down the program and restart a minute or two later. Also, if you do decide to delete the game, afterwards you'll want to go through your registry and hard disk to find the files that DENUVO will leave on the hard disk and delete those manually. It's kind of a pain in the ass but not a huge one.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                The issue with DENUVO is that will do massive amounts of writing on your hard drive to the point that it will radically slow programs down and can even shorten the lifespan if your hard drive. DENUVO insists that's not the case, but several game companies have come forward and said that those are issues that are caused by DENUVO. And yeah, it will leave files (sometimes quite large ones at several gigs) on your hard drive even after you uninstall the game.

                Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal and I've downloaded several games that use DENUVO, but if you do download a game that uses DENUVO, keep an eye out if you notice major frame rate drops or notice the hard disk doing a lot of writing. I'd shut down the program and restart a minute or two later. Also, if you do decide to delete the game, afterwards you'll want to go through your registry and hard disk to find the files that DENUVO will leave on the hard disk and delete those manually. It's kind of a pain in the ass but not a huge one.

                I see, thank you for the explanation. Guess I won't be buying Soul Calibur 6, then.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                  I see, thank you for the explanation. Guess I won't be buying Soul Calibur 6, then.
                  That leaves consoles, unless if you have neither...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

                    That leaves consoles, unless if you have neither...

                    Playing with last gen consoles (Xbox 360, and occasionally PS2)

                    Comment


                    • Call of Cthulhu launches at 8pm tonight (EST) and I am definitely looking forward to digging into it after work. This is something I've wanted to get my hands on since it was first announced, I played the 2nd edition of CoC rpg back in the day and this is based on the newest iteration of the game.


                      Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                      Posts in this color are moderator posts
                      Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                      Forum Terms of Use
                      the Contact Us link.

                      Comment


                      • Horizon Zero Dawn. This game is *refined* in a way I rarely see even in AAA titles. I especially appreciate the way your character grows in power. I rarely see games where becoming more skilled, gathering resources, and gaining levels are all balanced in such a way that they are equally important.

                        Also, blowing up robot dinosaurs is awesome.


                        On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

                        Avatar by K.S. Brenowitz

                        Comment


                        • I, feeling like I won some strange ephemeral prize, got to run two very eventful sessions of Vampire (V20) for my girlfriend. Her character is a fun bit of setting confluence, and she's wading through parts of the lore that she's never heard of before. So far, I'd say she's enjoying it. I know I am.

                          VtM on Halloween is a recipe for a holiday well celebrated.


                          “Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                          - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
                          (She/Her)

                          Comment


                          • I got my copy of Axis and Allies and Zombies, yay! Also got the last couple of pieces I needed to field a Jonus TIE Bomber squad in X-Wing. Still trying to get some time to play that too. Too many games and too little free time that coincides with friends' free time.


                            Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                            Posts in this color are moderator posts
                            Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                            Forum Terms of Use
                            the Contact Us link.

                            Comment


                            • Looks like all the speculation on Smash Ultimate fighters can finally be put to rest. I’m sure folks will still speculate on the DLC characters, but a few of the big ones got shown as assist trophies.

                              I guess a lot of folks were disappointed by this Direct? Probably because each of the previous two had a surprise reveal of a fan favorite, in addition to a few others, while this one’s surprise reveal at the end was Piranha Plant as a pre-order bonus. If they had saved Ridley or King K for the final reveal, everyone would be overjoyed with the roster. But the same content revealed, exciting info presented in a les-than-climactic way will never fail to disappoint.

                              Well, fandom overreactions aside, I’m super stoked for this game.


                              Onyx Path Forum Moderator

                              My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

                              Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

                              Comment


                              • Although considering World of Light's trailer, apparently it's Smash Bros: Infinity War.

                                And as the one commenter put it: "So the world will be saved by the cutest abomination ever?"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X